What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 5/16/2023 at 1:47 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Italia 90

This tune was ringing around my head even before I headed to YouTube. 44 years ago, fell in love with the world cup as school kid watching that tournament.

Don't know quite what happened here as i did'nt intend to include Lemondropkid's post in mine lol

Anyhow i've never been a fan of Coldplay but i do like this song......

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, galenkia said:

First World Cup I remember watching.

66 for me Gal I was 11 and I watched the final with 2 Germans who where lodgers in our house that summer. They where engineers who had come over to carry out maintenance work at Lever Bros Factory where my dad worked.

• Great Info 1

15 hours ago, Binlid said:

66 for me Gal I was 11 and I watched the final with 2 Germans who where lodgers in our house that summer. They where engineers who had come over to carry out maintenance work at Lever Bros Factory where my dad worked.

I was 10, you old bastard!

Yep I watched it but don't remember too much about it because I was hiding behind the settee most of the time !

On 5/20/2023 at 10:18 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Tinnitus

It comes and goes

Same here. It started when I got to 60 or so. Mine isn't too bad and I often go months without an episode and then it kicks in for a few days. I have found if I stick a finger in my ear (mine seems to focus on the left ear) and roll the finger around a little, the episode abates a little faster.

• Like 1

Stone Roses - "I Wanna be Adored"

If you are bored by the laborious fade in (I am), take it to about 40 seconds in. The guitar work starting at that point is very good IMO. My understanding is that said guitar work is done by John Squires, who is well regarded as a pioneer for the chiming sound he introduced.

Edited by ChiFlyer

I lied - a few from "The Animals". No need to provide the names on these three.

Song 3 was what we used to sing while closing for the night the McDonalds that I worked at when I was 16. I got to do the Eric Burton lead vocals. ☺️

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Same here. It started when I got to 60 or so. Mine isn't too bad and I often go months without an episode and then it kicks in for a few days. I have found if I stick a finger in my ear (mine seems to focus on the left ear) and roll the finger around a little, the episode abates a little faster.

Mone started after radiotherapy on my neck  I have spoken to my cancer follow up consultant and she says that the RT could have caused some damage in the inner ear. I have an appointment to have my ears cleaned but she reckons that it probably won't help the Tinnitus. 

It's not that bad but I guess I just have to live with it  

I have looked online to quite an extent but there doesn't appear to be an actual cure. Lots of claims trying to sell various products though. 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2023 at 4:15 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

So is mine but i've learnt to live with it 👍

Same with me, really loud in silent situations. But f**k it, life’s too short for quiet music. My iPhone shows my music volume is over 1000% above what it should be for the week. Got this on full blast, fucking love this song and band.

• Like 1