What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 6/6/2023 at 10:01 AM, Glasseye said:

Wow ! Man o man I love Steve Winwood. 

Still going strong !

A very young Steve Winwood singing vocals with The Spencer Davis group. Great voice even then.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

A little Motown?

Before I went to college, I grew up (failed to do so frequently) in a blue collar neighborhood on the Southwest Side of Chicago. My friends and myself were what were commonly called greasers at the time. Black leather jackets, Italian knit shirts, pointed shoes, sharkskin pants. We knew how to style. 😉

I did not immediately fit in on the college campus. 🙂

For entertainment we mostly chased girls, worked on cars in somebody's garage, drank beer, and smoked pot.

Despite this neighborhood (Gage Park (Google it if you want to know more. We were on the national news for weeks in 1967 or so.)) being racially troubled, we mostly listened to Motown.

I will always remember this song.

I was a "Freak". Yet we still have many things in common. Including a South Side love for this music.

Here's Linda's version..... Kills me everytime. Not sure how there has ever been a more brilliant voice and perfect match with the perfect song. Throw in some glorious pedal steel and you have the perfect song.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I give up, for some reason it was showing originally showing Tina Turner and Simply the best but after i reposted it changed to my correct selection of SW and EC 🙄

Dude - I occasionally have this problem as well. I try and make sure as to what post I am anchored on and that seems to help. For me, I do the post, take a look at it, and amend if need be.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Thunder and lightening. Massive storm here in South London. Absolutely bucketing it down. 

Cooled everything  down though 

My fault Sir!!

From the day I arrived back in Blighty the weather has been fan-bloody-tastic. The moment I arrived at T2 Departures yesterday there was a massive thunderstorm and it pissed down with rain!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My fault Sir!!

From the day I arrived back in Blighty the weather has been fan-bloody-tastic. The moment I arrived at T2 Departures yesterday there was a massive thunderstorm and it pissed down with rain!

Apology accepted 😁😁

• Haha 2