What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have to follow-up with this one (yes, once again). The Frampton song reminded me of this although he was not with the band (Humble Pie) at the time. Great tune...

That one brings back some memories, not all of them good.

After college, some friends of mine from the old neighborhood and myself, drove up to Milwaukee from the South Side of Chicago for some kind of Fall Music festival. The featured group was Humble Pie. While "30 Days in the Hole" was being performed, the crowd went nuts (I mean the entire audience) and raided the beer booths stealing all of the beer. The festival people were smart and announced "ok the beer is now free". I guess they did not want to bring in the cops and have a bloody riot ensue. It wasn't that long after the Kent and Jackson State murders.

A lot of the rest of that particular weekend is a bit of a blur. Some significant events were:

• One guy got displaced and ended up calling the rest of us from the Lake Geneva jail after getting a little too frisky with an underage girl. We are still wondering how he got from Milwaukee to Lake Geneva in the first place. Charges were eventually dropped.

• At one point we "borrowed" a boat on some lake, drove it around for an hour, and got it back without felony larceny being detected.

Oh, to be a young 6'10" man and bullet proof. O yeah, that doesn't work out in the long run, or any kind of run for that matter. 

Edited by ChiFlyer

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have to follow-up with this one (yes, once again). The Frampton song reminded me of this although he was not with the band (Humble Pie) at the time. Great tune...

One of my favorite cuts by "Humble Pie" was "Black Coffee".

https://th.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-airfind-07&ei=UTF-8&hsimp=yhs-07&hspart=airfind&p=humble+pie+black+coffee&type=55#id=1&vid=5f9d5dc4b0258325257a5c79a1a84522&action=click

On 8/29/2022 at 3:24 AM, Kathmandu said:

I started listening to "The Kinks" when I was in my mid-teens. I came back to listening with the albums they produced in my forties.

My favorite cut from that time was -> "Destroyer" from the "Give the People What They Want" album.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in 1993 I was going through some pain due to going through a divorce and learning how to go forward with raising my children as a divorced dad. I decided to quit drinking. That lasted for 12 years

This cut from the "Counting Crows" eased the pain, as I got to know a Latina GF where things did not work out, other than a 5 year relationship where I learned to speak Spanish. At the close of that relationship I took a Las Vegas quick trip and drove up to Zion listening to this song several times.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Back in 1993 I was going through some pain due to going through a divorce and learning how to go forward with raising my children as a divorced dad. I decided to quit drinking. That lasted for 12 years

This cut from the "Counting Crows" eased the pain, as I got to know a Latina GF where things did not work out, other than a 5 year relationship where I learned to speak Spanish. At the close of that relationship I took a Las Vegas quick trip and drove up to Zion listening to this song several times.

One of these bands that were easy to listen to,a lot of good music back then coming out the usa pre and post grunge periods.

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I Liked that youtube cut you posted from "Sgurr Nan Gillean". Where are they from?

Actually, while looking at that link I rediscovered a link to a song that I listened to while in college > Traffic >"The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" 

4 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Actually, while looking at that link I rediscovered a link to a song that I listened to while in college > Traffic >"The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" 

Well of course this led me to the incredible material on the "John Barley Corn Must Die" album.