What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just as as a well intended fyi "Oye Como Va" translates to English as "Hear how you go".

I have always really liked Santana's "Borbolleta" album. Borbolleta literally means "Bubble" in Spanish, but is also used to refer to a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon or the emergence of Spring flowers. Santana chose this name at the time that he was becoming fully recovered from a heroin addiction. The reference is obvious I think.

This album (Borbolleta) registered with me as I was also coming out of a cocoon at that time. Not the same one as Santana, but a cocoon all the same.

The lead in cut to the album is very short at a little over a minute and intriguing and beautiful IMO. ->"Spring Manifestations".

A much more well known Santana song from this same album is "Give and Take".

i've had this album for years and it is one of my favourite Santana offerings, released when he was well into his jazz/funk/fusion era and hosting some brilliant guest musicians, such as Brazilian artists Flora Purim and Airto Moreira, who were responsible for that lovely introduction. I love the way the songs blend into each other, especially the instrumental "Flor de Canela/Promise of a Fisherman" at the end - fantastic music. Unfortunately, singer/keyboardist Leon Patillo suddenly went religious after it was finished and abruptly left the group so it's almost impossible to find live recordings of these songs which would have come out of a tour to support the album. (He would come back later to rejoin the group for the album "Festival" but then leave again.)

• Like 2

Speaking of Slash with Myles Kennedy (and the Conspirators in this case). I came across this video for the first time that I remember ever seeing it. -> Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators - HELLFEST 2015 [1080P]

Decent quality on the vid, which is close to one hour long. I only had time to watch/listen to the first song. Will check out the rest when I have a little more time. Voting absentee tonight for the US midterms while listening to the vid.

With regard to the first song -> that is most definitely Rock and Roll.

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

Speaking of Slash with Myles Kennedy (and the Conspirators in this case). I came across this video for the first time that I remember ever seeing it. -> Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators - HELLFEST 2015 [1080P]

Decent quality on the vid, which is close to one hour long. I only had time to watch/listen to the first song. Will check out the rest when I have a little more time. Voting absentee tonight for the US midterms while listening to the vid.

With regard to the first song -> that is most definitely Rock and Roll.

A Sydney Australia concert that is incredible with regard to the Slash guitar solo. It rivals anything, like the results of many others.

Edited by ChiFlyer