Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Not sure what you mean. but Classroom a GoGo has always been in Pattayaland 2 at the location it is at today, just next to  A Bomb and next to what was Miss Dino's on the other side, then Emergency A GoGo and then Mistys.

It has not changed location on Pattayaland 2 since I can recall and I'm going back to 1997/8 ish.

I put it hazy way, because I am not sure indeed. My distant memory was it was located opposite where it's now. Not much room there after Kittens/Obsessions (same place, different door, latter LB agogo) after all, so You can well be right.

There was, like we all know, quite a bunch of agogos years ago. Names start to escape although.

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The plot thickens. 

@Evil Penevil You usually have a better memory than us, can you clarify R?

Nearly 20 years ago my absolutely first agogo was this Classroom 2, Soi 2. Nothing like a good  experience. Later it was Lek's Classroom and still later maybe Honeypot. Correct me if this doesn't sound ok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike56 said:

Nearly 20 years ago my absolutely first agogo was this Classroom 2, Soi 2. Nothing like a good  experience. Later it was Lek's Classroom and still later maybe Honeypot. Correct me if this doesn't sound ok.

That works for me.

39 minutes ago, Mike56 said:

I put it hazy way, because I am not sure indeed. My distant memory was it was located opposite where it's now. Not much room there after Kittens/Obsessions (same place, different door, latter LB agogo) after all, so You can well be right.

There was, like we all know, quite a bunch of agogos years ago. Names start to escape although.

Ahh yes mate, right, here goes, opposite Classroom on Pattayaland 2, the building was part of the Top class entertainment group, a big building owned by Nisachol (nickname Gop) and her husband Steve, a lawyer from Reno who purchased a fair number of pattayaland 2 properties in the late 90's when the currency crashed .(Lipstick, old orleans, bubble, rodeo girls, popcorn, planet rock)

Opposite Classroom was Jupiter and Venus A Gogo, which were 2 seperate GGB's in the same building separated by a wall, which was later removed and it was made into into Planet Rock and Venus a GoGo, then after a few months merged into Planet Rock. Interesting aside, "Tim" (former manager) from Mistys was employed by Gop initially, then went over the road to work with Andy.

As you step out of Classroom, looking opposite there was Planet Rock (with stairs leading up to it), then on the left was Kitten Club. to the right was a car park entrance, then some food stalls and then a large money changers at the end of the road.

classroom had A bomb to the left (as you look at it) then Miss Dono's to the right, Emergency A GoGo, Mistys as a one unit and then, I think it was Lipstick and then the Irish pub. If memory serves me right, which it very probably does not.

Honeypot was down Soi 2 wasn't it? I recall getting quoted 6k baht LT there from a girl who must hav thought that I looked like a bigger c**t than I actually am, which is hard to believe.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Found a thread on Addicts , they were calling it Classroom 2 in early 2010 in July 2010 it changed its name to Leks , threats of lawsuits from previous owner  ... Honey pot may have been next door 

Thankfully my memory isn't totally shot yet then. LOL

Now where did I put my glasses?

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Interesting...

I should have paid more attention in class... anyhoo it is all before my time. My first visit was in 2014. But history class is always welcomed 😜

Pattayaland 2 in 2000 was pretty hedonistic. I recall Andy from Mistys ferrying me to my Hotel room in his BMW (drunk) to grab 2 bottles of Rose Champagne which were duly iced,  opened and poured down the naked bodies of 4 girls , into glasses and shared among a few of us.

It wasn't even midnight and shit was getting out of control.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Butch said:

Honeypot was down Soi 2 wasn't it? I recall getting quoted 6k baht LT there from a girl who must hav thought that I looked like a bigger c**t than I actually am, which is hard to believe.

I maybe visited Honeypot once. Was it a "traditional" agogo or something leaning to disco style? Soi 2, right side, very near when You start from second road.

Found once again in my recent visit that those quoted prices can be really totally different when they  materialize. Sure not in every case, but some miracles happen.

Edited by Mike56
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Butch said:

Pattayaland 2 in 2000 was pretty hedonistic. I recall Andy from Mistys ferrying me to my Hotel room in his BMW (drunk) to grab 2 bottles of Rose Champagne which were duly iced,  opened and poured down the naked bodies of 4 girls , into glasses and shared among a few of us.

It wasn't even midnight and shit was getting out of control.

On my first planned trip to Pattaya in 2003, I spent a lot of time in Misty's in the afternoons - I remember meeting Tim and Andy and used to chat a lot with the daytime manager, Glenn, as well...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Butch said:

I was always reluctant to use the toilets, I can never fathom how many guys I saw wiping their hands on the black curtains having had a piss and not washed...

Kokomos in Angeles years ago went in to take a piss was getting ready to dry my hands on the common use towel. when I reached for it I noticed something not right looked at the back side some one it seems had wiped their ass with it after taking a shit. Classy place  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

The plot thickens. 

@Evil Penevil You usually have a better memory than us, can you clarify R?

I'm not sure my memory is totally accurate on this one, but I'm confident I've got enough right to stake Gabor's life on it.

The Classroom on Soi 2 opened around 1998 or so without any ownership connection to the then long-running The Classroom on Pattayaland 2.  It was called Classroom 2 because it was on Soi 2, not because it was a branch of the original The Classroom, although I'm sure many visitors thought it was. Take a look at this early go go bar map from 2000 or 2001:

a2.jpg

Classroom 1 and Classroom 2, although those were never official names.

Maybe because of pressure from the owners of the original Classroom, the one on Soi 2 changed its name to Classroom 2000.  In 2005 or 2006, the owners of Classroom 2000 opened a coyote-style bar with live music next door and called it Honey Pot.   

For a few years, Honey Pot had the reputation of very hot dancers with high barfines and fees.  It was torn down in 2010 to make way for an extension to the Sabai hotel.  The coyote dancers moved to Classroom 2000, which was renamed Lek's Classroom.  It changed names once more to Lek's A Go Go before closing for good in 2017.

Anyway, that's how I remember it.  I used to know Lek a little bit back in the day, enough to talk with her.  At one point, she controlled quite a string of go go's and beer bars.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

14 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

The good looking girl with glasses that used to work at Secrets moved to Honey Pot if I remember correctly.

The famous Pong.  I didn't take this pic.  Credit goes to member of Addicts with the handle bobgod. To be honest, it's not the most flattering photo I've seen of her.

post-.jpg

Another pic from her days at Honey Pot/Chicaboom (posted by the owner/manager of Chicaboom on Pattaya Talk).  Chicaboom was an out-of-the-way coyote and sports bar where a lot of the girls were dressed in latex fetish costumes.

6284a.jpg

The girls who worked in Classroom 2000 and Honey Pot also rotated to Chicaboom, so I guess there must have been some sort of an arrangement with Lek.  After Honey Pot/Chicaboom, Pong turned up with several other ex-Secrets' girls at Teazers on WS, then no more mention of her on any of the boards.

And since we're taking a jaunt down Nostalgia Lane, here's a pic of the two sisters who worked at Classroom 2000 and Chicaboom.  They, too, were quite popular in their day.  Credit for the photo goes to rottyboy, the owner/manager of Chicaboom who posted on Pattaya Talk.

post-3325-1220875791.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not sure my memory is totally accurate on this one, but I'm confident I've got enough right to stake Gabor's life on it.

The Classroom on Soi 2 opened around 1998 or so without any ownership connection to the then long-running The Classroom on Pattayaland 2.  It was called Classroom 2 because it was on Soi 2, not because it was a branch of the original The Classroom, although I'm sure many visitors thought it was. Take a look at this early go go bar map from 2000 or 2001:

a2.jpg

Classroom 1 and Classroom 2, although those were never official names.

Maybe because of pressure from the owners of the original Classroom, the one on Soi 2 changed its name to Classroom 2000.  In 2005 or 2006, the owners of Classroom 2000 opened a coyote-style bar with live music next door and called it Honey Pot.   

For a few years, Honey Pot had the reputation of very hot dancers with high barfines and fees.  It was torn down in 2010 to make way for an extension to the Sabai hotel.  The coyote dancers moved to Classroom 2000, which was renamed Lek's Classroom.  It changed names once more to Lek's A Go Go before closing for good in 2017.

Anyway, that's how I remember it.  I used to know Lek a little bit back in the day, enough to talk with her.  At one point, she controlled quite a string of go go's and beer bars.

Evil

Great info.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1