Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Katoeys "R" Us re-opened tonight (1st June) I am told.

6 hours ago, tko said:

FYI: Murphy's Law and the one next to it toward Buakow will be renamed, hopefully by August.

Do you know what's happened to Tony/Sean etc from Murphy's Law?  Always had a good time in there recently.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Katoeys "R" Us re-opened tonight (1st June) I am told.

Do you know what's happened to Tony/Sean etc from Murphy's Law?  Always had a good time in there recently.

Sorry, I was never a customer there, before.  I only found this out because I heard someone call out my name from in there (at 2pm in the sun on the soi, and they called from the dark bar) and it turned out to be Kevin who I knew from before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cartoonman said:

O.K. Guys - Here are my Up To Date MAPS of what is Open in Pattaya  - JUNE 2022. You can download them to your Phone or Print them out for your Friends who come foe a Holiday...Cheers.

MAP 2022 MAP Soi L K MAY.jpg

MAP NEW RESTAURANT GUIDE 2022 - JPG Small Size.jpg

MAP Walking Street Map 2022- Copy.jpg

Thanks Cartoonman, looks like LK Metro is open but Walking street still only half open.

Does anyone know how the small bar areas like Made in Thailand are doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, cartoonman said:

O.K. Guys - Here are my Up To Date MAPS of what is Open in Pattaya  - JUNE 2022. You can download them to your Phone or Print them out for your Friends who come foe a Holiday...Cheers.

Awesome stuff, thanks @cartoonman for the upload.

Very encouraging indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks Cartoonman, looks like LK Metro is open but Walking street still only half open.

Does anyone know how the small bar areas like Made in Thailand are doing?

Made in Thailand is no more it's all flat land. Unless you're speaking of the small stretch off Soi Boukow. 

21 hours ago, cartoonman said:

Loving this. I used your map, as did several friends of mine, back in ‘the day’ and probably some 15 years ago - it was a great help in finding new places that I’d read of on Forums - probably FLB in those days. 

🙏🙏

Edit. Just checked and joined FLB some 16 years ago so my timing was right 

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 7:48 AM, tko said:

FYI: Murphy's Law and the one next to it toward Buakow will be renamed, hopefully by August.  Kevin (former manager at Celona, Boom, etc) is running them for a new owner.  They're refurbing the other one first, then Murphy's Law.  They haven't decided on the new names, yet.

New name for the other one is "Bar Code".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, tko said:

Sorry, I was never a customer there, before.  I only found this out because I heard someone call out my name from in there (at 2pm in the sun on the soi, and they called from the dark bar) and it turned out to be Kevin who I knew from before.

They used to have a band on Sunday afternoons. Something that I thought tourists and expats would enjoy but nobody else to my knowledge has had "chill out" music Sunday afternoons like it.

Rock House did have somebody in one afternoon and he was pretty good but he was practicing for the evening! I enjoyed it though !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Made in Thailand is no more it's all flat land. Unless you're speaking of the small stretch off Soi Boukow. 

Made in Thialand was always one of my favourite spots, there had to have been 30-40 bars there, is there an area that they have moved to that now has a large bar area?

4 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Made in Thialand was always one of my favourite spots, there had to have been 30-40 bars there, is there an area that they have moved to that now has a large bar area?

Made in Thailand was rundown and sleazy. that's why I liked it.....Cheap drinks and cheap girls for cheap charlies....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 7

15 minutes ago, fforest said:

Made in Thailand was rundown and sleazy. that's why I liked it.....Cheap drinks and cheap girls for cheap charlies....

Cheap drinks in some, but not all the bars in MIT. There were a couple I ran across that were taking the piss on LD's at 180B.

• Surprised 1

So if MIT and Soi's 7&8 are basically no more and according to Cartonman's latest picture of LK Metro this appears to be nearly all Go-Go bars where are all the all girls gone?

I see some bars are opening on the east side of Soi Bhuakow and Tree Town has grown but is this it?

I've never been a great favourite of the Go-Go's too loud for my old ears and always seen Soi 6 as a daytime and early evening area where the girls mainly done short time above the bars, not good for my old knees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

So if MIT and Soi's 7&8 are basically no more and according to Cartonman's latest picture of LK Metro this appears to be nearly all Go-Go bars where are all the all girls gone?

I see some bars are opening on the east side of Soi Bhuakow and Tree Town has grown but is this it?

I've never been a great favourite of the Go-Go's too loud for my old ears and always seen Soi 6 as a daytime and early evening area where the girls mainly done short time above the bars, not good for my old knees.

There have been new bars opening up, and from what I'm reading girls are beginning to migrate back into town, whereas previously with everything closed or "restaurant only" there may have been little point in them doing so. With the situation changing and full opening probably less than a month away or two at most, it seems many bars are preparing to reopen as well. Factor in the new GC's that have opened, the girls have probably got as much choice of jobs now or in the coming months as they ever have had in the past.

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Cheap drinks in some, but not all the bars in MIT. There were a couple I ran across that were taking the piss on LD's at 180B.

Spot on, and I remember walking out of a couple of them in disgust when I was made aware of this...

• Thumbs Up 2

I see that Nick (NDTVi) has extended beyond the Soi 7 A7DJ Bar and his other venture, Hedonism (next door) and has another project on the corner near the exchange booth, the "Hookup corner Bar" (I think it's called).

Fair play to him for increasing presence on Soi 7, he also did a bit on a few bars that have opened and are in the process of reopening along the Soi further down in a recent vid.

He remains upbeat and positive of the current situation, but there's no doubt, Sois 7 and 8 are really needing a big injection of investment if they want to survive.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Butch said:

I see that Nick (NDTVi) has extended beyond the Soi 7 A7DJ Bar and his other venture, Hedonism (next door) and has another project on the corner near the exchange booth, the "Hookup corner Bar" (I think it's called).

Fair play to him for increasing presence on Soi 7, he also did a bit on a few bars that have opened and are in the process of reopening along the Soi further down in a recent vid.

He remains upbeat and positive of the current situation, but there's no doubt, Sois 7 and 8 are really needing a big injection of investment if they want to survive.

It's pronounced 'ook up corner , in his vlogs 😉 555

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Painter said:

Next to what was the Londoner

I once had a very very strange experience in The Londoner. Maybe 8 years or so ago, not sure.

I popped in there one afternoon for no reason other than wanting a beer. Two chaps sitting at the outside table so I chose the table just inside the bar. Somehow we struck up a conversation... but it turned into a full on insulting and argumentative mode from them. It was weird, especially as I tend to be very quiet and mind my own business. Not long after that it changed hands and my only conclusion is that they were the previous owners openly being rude to customers because the new owner hadn't paid "Goodwill" or whatever it is called here.

Weird!

A couple of snaps of the new Trench Town in LK Metro.
P6080032.JPG

P6080033.JPG

And looks like they're still open at the old location on Buakhao.
P6080034.JPG

Another new bar in LK Metro opening soon.
P6080026.JPG

I've been reading good reports of the fun to be had on the 2nd floor of Kink.
P6080043.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sadly, I'm afraid to say that I am at an age whereby I'd rather have a ride in a car like that than a ride on the 2nd floor!

Shame it's not a two seater, i'd join you for a blast around the Baht-bus main route Mr. Dangle....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sadly, I'm afraid to say that I am at an age whereby I'd rather have a ride in a car like that than a ride on the 2nd floor!

Forgot to check if the car had a bottle holder for your Sato. Next time. :default_cheers:

• Thumbs Up 1