Movies to watch

Toy Boy

On 11/19/2023 at 12:41 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Looking forward to this one myself. Joaquin Phoenix is often excellent. 

@forcebwithu , @tko and @Phantom51red

Sorry to report this, but with regard to the "Napoleon" movie starring Joaquin Phoenix that was produced by Ridley Scott, the initial feedback is negative. It only earned an IMDB of 6.6, which can be watchable, but for this level of talent is disappointing. The reviews tend to-be are negative.

I doubt I will watch it.

• Great Info 1

24 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry to report this, but with regard to the "Napoleon" movie starring Joaquin Phoenix that was produced by Ridley Scott, the initial feedback is negative. It only earned an IMDB of 6.6, which can be watchable, but for this level of talent is disappointing. The reviews tend to-be are negative.

I doubt I will watch it.

6.6 is pretty poor,before when I downloaded movies from pirate bay I'd never go under 7,might watch it for a bit see if it holds my attention.

6 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I doubt I will watch it.

Was looking forward to seeing this movie, went to see on its release 

sorry to say was disappointed , 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:46 PM, ChiFlyer said:

I doubt I will watch it.

I just saw the Critical Drinker's take on it.  Thanks for the heads up CF.  I'll just re-watch Waterloo when I'm in the mood for that period of history.

• 4 weeks later...

How-to-Watch-The-Holdovers-billboard-154

I watched this one last night, The Holdovers with Paul Giamatti.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14849194/

There's nothing really to dislike about the film, as long as you don't expect plenty of action and violence. It's gentle, mildly funny, character- and dialogue-driven, and well produced. By getting to know the characters well, with their personal hopes, fears and weaknesses being revealed gradually as the movie progresses, you build a genuine empathy with them. Personalities that seemed quite obnoxious to start with become warm human beings when you learn what made them the way they are. The ending is quite satisfying, too.

Edited by Toy Boy

I watched this on Wizz tv yesterday, Nicholas Cage plays an ordinary college professor who starts appearing in the dreams of thousands of people. He has to deal with his sudden fame and the reactions of strangers when their dreams turn into nightmares. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just came in my Inbox…..Maybe Cineplex finally caught up to airlines and cruise ships, and figured out some revenue is better than an empty seat? 

But f—k the popcorn…..the prices are seriously out of control, I mean WTF are they thinking??? Such easy to make food in massive quantities, easily 1000% markup, if not 2000%…..starting to make Starbucks look cheap. It’s not the airport, they don’t pat me down, if I feel that hungry beforehand I have a lot of pockets in my overcoat to bring a snack

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy

^^^
I haven't been to a movie theatre in over a decade, and $5 tickets aren't going to entice me back. What killed it for me is the 20+ minutes of commercials forced on you when you've paid to see a movie not commercials. That and the selfish pricks talking during the movie.

• Like 3

I was a bit late watching this one as it's meant to be a Christmas film. It's based on the Fredrick Forsyth story and you don't really get what it's all about until the very end, but it's well worth waiting for. John Travolta plays the ghostly Canadian Mosquito pilot, apparently he's long liked the tale. He has, of course, been a qualified pilot since he was 22, loves flying and parks his private 707 outside his house, which is located by a private airfield. Anyway, it's only 39 minutes long and, IMHO, well worth the time.

MV5BZTk3ZmYxNWItZmEyMi00MmY2LWIyYTUtMjRj

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:36 AM, Toy Boy said:

I was a bit late watching this one as it's meant to be a Christmas film. It's based on the Fredrick Forsyth story and you don't really get what it's all about until the very end, but it's well worth waiting for. John Travolta plays the ghostly Canadian Mosquito pilot, apparently he's long liked the tale. He has, of course, been a qualified pilot since he was 22, loves flying and parks his private 707 outside his house, which is located by a private airfield. Anyway, it's only 39 minutes long and, IMHO, well worth the time.

The book is also very good and there have been some good reviews of this short movie as well. Definitely one for the weekend, and thanks for reminding me about it as I'd forgotten lol.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:06 AM, boydeste said:

Went to see The Bee Keeper yesterday in Central. 

If you like John Wick type movies, this will be a good watch methinks. 

Excellent movie, watched it on my HDPrime yesterday. Would have been special to watch on a big screen.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:36 AM, Toy Boy said:

Just this minute finished watching it. Apart from some very dodgy computer graphics, it was an excellent watch. Not an hour wasted, and very good indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Today I realized I had an attached benefit with my U.S. mobile service, free apple tv. Was able to get it synched up.  Just enjoyed the movie "Greyhound". Outstanding. I have been waiting a long time to see this movie.