Movies to watch

Toy Boy

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Thought this was superb. Best action film I've seen in ages. Fight scenes are mad as f**k.🤣

Nobody-390795243-large.jpg

Thanks Allan will check it out.I’m finally all caught up on BCS, Bob is awesome. Happy he survived his heart attack scare……we never know when our # is called

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This Sopranos prequel is okay but should of been so much better.

91eMFaCbF2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Agreed, cousin downloaded it for us when it first came out. Huge Sopranos fan, and 5 minutes in I’m like “ oh this will be EPIC”…..

Boy was I wrong, and if you read YouTube reviews, it’s pretty much unanimous, unlike The Irishman(some loved, some hated). It’s as if they wanted to piss off the viewer into waiting for more prequels……I honestly hope they don’t bother. To wait all that time during COVID……such a letdown 

I hope Top Gun 2 will be better, comes out soon. Would like to go to the cinema, but sadly even that’s not sacred anymore. Had 4 chatty teenagers behind me and nephew when we saw F9……honestly rather watch it online if that’s what the theatre has come to…..sad

• Like 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

This Sopranos prequel is okay but should of been so much better.

91eMFaCbF2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Was that poor it only lasted a week in the cinema 

had a lot  of hopes for this one 

Mainly of interest to the Brits, I watched this TV movie last night and enjoyed it. It's a sort of potted Geordie Dad's Army, with a nice story and a happy ending. The accents took me back to all the happy hours I spent watching Auf Wiedersehen Pet. And, of course, the star of the movie is none other than Kevin Whately, who played young Neville in the TV series all those years ago. Well worth 85 minutes of your time, anyway.

joe-maddisons-war-british-movie-poster-m

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620822/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 1 month later...

Personally, I would like the thread title to be changed to "Video Entertainent", so that more Movies/TV Series/ and Documentaries are included.

I am a 73 year old retiree, who never had much time to watch video entertainment while I was working. Now that I am retired, I am catching up on the last 20 years of things that I have missed. I scan lists of recommendations and make my personal list of things that I might like.

The other day I pulled a documentary from that list that just wow'd me.

"Touching the Void" is well worth a watch. It has an IMDB of 8.0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touching_the_Void_(film)

What these guys went through is an incredible story of human perseverance. 

• Like 3

I must admit that I haven't been terribly impressed with anything new that I've watched lately. Probably the best was the Ricky Gervais "Supernature" stand-up and stand-alone film that was in the news a month or so ago as the trans types thought it was insulting, though personally I thought he let the Woke brigade off far too lightly.

I watched a very good documentary dating from 2013, though, "A Symphony of Summits: The Alps from Above." I was expecting to be along the lines of the documentaries by the French guy, Yann Arthus-Bertrand, mainly just nice aerial views of stuff, but this doc was full of interesting facts as well as great scenery. I could also identify with it quite closely as I've been to Switzerland and Austria quite a few times, and lived in Geneva for the best part of a year, so I'd visited some of the places shown. Well worth watching IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3119298/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Watched this on Netflix last night and was a bit disappointed, thought it would be better.

MV5BNGVjNWI4ZGUtNzE0MS00YTJmLWE0ZDctN2ZiYTk2YmI3NTYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Oh wow, we disagree and that is perfectly fine. I watched this movie the year that Joaquin Phoenix was up for the Oscar for it, and I thought he should have won. I forget who did.

Agreed, that all of the Batman and other super hero stuff is getting rather tiring (predictable might be a better word). I really did not love this movie, but I thought that Phoenix's portrayal of "The Joker" was very well done.  

• Like 2

I use IPT to download content for the list of potential video entertainment that I maintain. This unlocks me from being dedicated to sources (Netflix, Amazon, etc.). IPT has a pretty decent inventory of material. Technically, this is illegal in some countries, but nobody seems to really give a shit.

Anyway, I watched what I thought was a very good movie today.

The Orphanage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orphanage_(2007_film)

The movie was filmed in Spain and has a Spanish audio track. There are copies that have English subs. I speak some Spanish, so that also made it more enjoyable.

If anyone has difficulties getting a copy with hard coded English subs, I can usually find decent subtitles from these guys.

https://subscene.com/browse/popular/all/1

I noticed in the credits that Guillermo Del Toro (Narcos and others) had some association with the movie. I usually like most any video project that he is part of.

IMDB - 7.4

I use IPT as well for downloading entertainment (movies, series, music, Kindle books and audible books). It is an invite only site, of which I have three invites available. Send me a PM with your email address if you'd like one. Note the site is strict about requiring reseeding of downloads for at least two weeks.

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I use IPT as well for downloading entertainment (movies, series, music, Kindle books and audible books). It is an invite only site, of which I have three invites available. Send me a PM with your email address if you'd like one. Note the site is strict about requiring reseeding of downloads for at least two weeks.

I have 49 invites available. If FBWU runs out contact me, but I have to have some idea (board exchange is fine) as to who you are.