Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Roast loin of pork with a mushroom,garlic and thyme sauce.

20210414_213154.jpg

20210414_213128.jpg

Your chips always look good mate. My big gripe with most fish and chip shops is they are a touch too thick and they don’t brown them off and crisp them up enough.....

11 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Your chips always look good mate. My big gripe with most fish and chip shops is they are a touch too thick and they don’t brown them off and crisp them up enough.....

nowadays they cook them right through in a moderate temperature oil, years ago a good chippie would have baskets of chips that were cooked in a cooler oil without colour and then dropped into a high temperature oil to brown and crisp them, which is what I do.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Binlid said:

nowadays they cook them right through in a moderate temperature oil, years ago a good chippie would have baskets of chips that were cooked in a cooler oil without colour and then dropped into a high temperature oil to brown and crisp them, which is what I do.

Makes sense, I thought they still all did the double cooking technique which I know is the right way for best chips. I don’t have a fryer myself as I don’t need encouraging to eat more fried food than I already do 🙈🙃