Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, Ausie, I did ask for the well done sausages,  but they just laughed.

I'm there with you Boyd', the lower two look like they should go back onto the grill / barbie for a tad longer......

But still a very good gesture from the bar, full marks to them......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I'm there with you Boyd', the lower two look like they should go back onto the grill / barbie for a tad longer......

But still a very good gesture from the bar, full marks to them......

Yes it was a nice gesture. 

Had seconds too as they cooked up loads.

20220121_134458.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Woke up today with morning glory!

After I took her for brunch,  appropriately she ordered, larb moo, chicken penang and Morning Glory  lol.

20220121_134655.jpg

20220121_134710.jpg

20220121_134720.jpg

20220121_134643.jpg

As it appears that you live a hectic schedule, it's very good that you that keep your belly/fueltank well topped up mate....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I made Scotch eggs for the first time last night.  I baked them instead of deep frying them.  Straight out of the oven:

IMG_2280.png

And on the plate:

IMG_2285.png

IMG_2288.png

IMG_2290.png

They turned out pretty well for a first try.

Evil

They look bloody good to me Evil........

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Woke up today with morning glory!

After, I took her for brunch,  appropriately she ordered, larb moo, chicken penang and Morning Glory  lol.

20220121_134655.jpg

20220121_134710.jpg

20220121_134720.jpg

20220121_134643.jpg

LOL.... I got so I quit taking mine to breakfast. She was never happy with what they had on the menu, even the Thai food (none of it was Issan).

The final nail in that coffin (breakfast idea). Was when she ordered something and it came back as baked beans on toast. She almost gagged looking at it and I just about fell off my chair laughing. I'll never forget that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SteveBC said:

They look bloody good to me Evil........

6 hours ago, Starshine said:

They look perfect

Thank you!  They were quite easy to make and a big hit with my relatives.  I made a batch of ten after the first two turned out OK. I adjusted the seasoning and used more Worcestershire sauce on the second batch. Scotch eggs with mustard are about as exotic a food as my relatives like.  They are the definition of plain vanilla. :default_biggrin:

Evil

4 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

They are the definition of plain vanilla. :default_biggrin:

They are also the definition of good basic grub, perfect for a lunchbox to take to school / fishing / or whatever.

For a twist on things, try adding a few chilly flakes or Indian curry powder to the meat mixture. Or use lamb mince which works really well too.

9 hours ago, SteveBC said:

They are also the definition of good basic grub, perfect for a lunchbox to take to school / fishing / or whatever.

I should have written more clearly;  I was referring to my relatives as the definition of plain vanilla, not the Scotch eggs.  My relatives don't like food with bold or unfamiliar flavors and they certainly don't want any capsicum heat in anything they eat.

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

By coincidence, I made a meatloaf of the ground bison meat. I'll post pics of the meal later.  Out of the oven and with fried mushrooms on the stovetop.

IMG_2292.png

IMG_2298.png

Some posts in this thread encouraged me to make empanadas.  I used store-bought empanada dough discs as making the dough from scratch is a laborious process.  

IMG_2295.png

It wasn't a successful experiment.  The instructions said to bake the empanadas for 25 minutes.  They browned nicely, but the pastry was waaaay too hard after so long in the oven, I almost broke a tooth.   I'll cut back on the cooking time and make sure I have a very moist filling on the next batch.

empanadas.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Don't be shy, just say burnt. He won't mind, it's his trademark.🤣

To me that's not burnt just nicely browned, i like all my food cooked, that would be perfect for me......

You ever noticed how toasters at Thai buffets or restaurants always seem to be on the lowest setting, the bread hardly changes colour at all, and if it is one of the 'conveyor belt' type toasters one needs to feed the bread through 3 or 4 times for it to be a nice brown colour....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

To me that's not burnt just nicely browned, i like all my food cooked, that would be perfect for me......

You ever noticed how toasters at Thai buffets or restaurants always seem to be on the lowest setting, the bread hardly changes colour at all, and if it is one of the 'conveyor belt' type toasters one needs to feed the bread through 3 or 4 times for it to be a nice brown colour....

Interestingly, toast is one thing that I don't like well done, but my bread still gets a good couple of trips around those conveyor belt things.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Nah mate, you just think that your toast has been round 10 times...... I'll whisper in your ear so nobody can hear ......Other people are stealing it .........

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Interestingly, toast is one thing that I don't like well done, but my bread still gets a good couple of trips around those conveyor belt things.

The best toast I have ever had was when I joined my Dad in his lorry whilst I was on school holidays in the 60s.

Every Friday was a trip to the IOW from Southampton on the car ferry and he used to buy me the thickest, most buttery, white bread toast I have ever eaten. In return for such a delight I had to go around all the tables, collect the ashtrays, remove the unsmoked tobacco bits and make rollups for him...

• Haha 3