Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

16 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Rice is the most pointless food on earth unless you are skint.

Eat a lot of curries etc with chips. I present to you kapow moo sandwich, a step too far? 🤣🤣🤣

8D9AC5CA-85B6-4283-9FEF-39FD48EBC017.jpeg

9EDB2D8D-ED56-4273-913C-724783408DAF.jpeg

She's now decided me scooping up pad grapow moo with tortilla chips isn't the worst thing she's ever heard of.  Especially since Daughter has joined me in that predilection.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, tko said:

She's now decided me scooping up pad grapow moo with tortilla chips isn't the worst thing she's ever heard of.  Especially since Daughter has joined me in that predilection.

Sounds like that works, reckon you could even stretch to a bit of cheese on it as well! 

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Most days I walk the length of the beach and back, 3 miles plus.

Lost 7kgs so far!

Congratulations mate. 

Always put weight on on holiday in the past as I'd be drinking round the clock. Would walk a lot and not eat a great deal but booze was the killer. 

• Thanks 1

I tried a recipe for "Turkish potatoes" I found on the Internet.  I adapted the recipe to my tastes and preferences.

IMG_2313.png

The original recipe had only four main ingredients- potatoes, eggs, sliced cheese and a lot of parsley, plus a hefty dose of black pepper as seasoning.  I cut back on the parsley and pepper, but added red sweet pepper, diced onion, garlic and mushrooms to kick the flavor up a notch.  Also, the original called for frying the mixture but I baked it instead. What was a bit different was the potatoes were "shaved" into long thin strips with a potato peeler.  I've grated potatoes countless times for hash browns, but had never "shaved" one.   The potato strips were soaked in cold water for about an hour to remove some of the starch, then mixed with the other ingredients.  I poured half the mixture into the baking dish, topped it with slices of smoked Gruyere cheese and poured over the rest of the  mixture. It was baked for an hour. 

I had it with zucchini that had been roasted alongside the potato mixture for a non-meat meal.

IMG_2315.png

It was quite tasty!

IMG_2319.png

IMG_2322.png

I had some of the leftovers the next morning with bacon and egg.

IMG_2325.png

Evil

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Congratulations mate. 

Always put weight on on holiday in the past as I'd be drinking round the clock. Would walk a lot and not eat a great deal but booze was the killer. 

With all that scrumptious food he is eating, loosing 7 kg's is damn good !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1