Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Stillearly's post got me going. Found a deal on some scrimps.... Doing a cocktail on this one. Accompanied along with a Bok Choy & Shroom salad (Eyetalian dressing) and a nice glass of Cab

Quite often you use a word that I am unfamiliar with.

It is the word "glass" when associated with the word "wine" that confuses me ....

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

That looks friggen awesome.    

If you have a link for how to make that spinach thing.... it would be great. I'll also look for something on Youtube.

Was a recipe from a Thai website without any measures.

So Mrs. Campario did this:

Ingredients:

Portion of frozen spinach, half big onion cut in pieces, some butter, some milk, some bacon or ham cut in small pieces, half big spoon of flour, salt, pepper, sugar.

Put butter in a pan, fry onions.

Add flour, a splash of milk and bacon (maybe fry bacon earlier if you like it cross) .

Add spinach, another splash of milk, salt, pepper and little bit sugar to taste.

Put everything in a baking tin, top with cheese and put in oven until the cheese is getting brown.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Quite often you use a word that I am unfamiliar with.

It is the word "glass" when associated with the word "wine" that confuses me ....

I used to drink my white cider room temperature straight from the 3 litre plastic bottle. 🤣

Only way to drink it, just like being on the park bench. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

One could always have two Mr. Hori'.

You are of course correct but as it took 40 minutes to steam the pudding and 15 minutes to cook the chips I had already missed that window when I saw the finished article. Next time it looks like steaming two puds or just finding a bigger pudding at the start.

Edit As an edition I remember having one of the nicest puddings at the Rockhouse when they were cooking before the pandemic. Not sure where Alex got the food but it was a fair size and delicious.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Those chips look lovely.

Homemade using Maris Piper potatoes, I used to twice cook but a good quality potato and good clean oil offers a lovely tasting chip. A large saucepan with plenty of oil allows even cooking. I also like the thicker chip.

24 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Homemade using Maris Piper potatoes, I used to twice cook but a good quality potato and good clean oil offers a lovely tasting chip. A large saucepan with plenty of oil allows even cooking. I also like the thicker chip.

On special occassions Mom used to make hand cut fries. She would peel the taters then use this wedge cutter device to cut them up. Then soak them, and lay them out on paper towels.

When she cooked them she would add bacon grease to the oil and fry them in cast iron skillets.

For me that was about the best thing ever. Lord Buddha I loved those things.

• Like 1