Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

New Shabu/Moo Kata cooker.

MooKata.jpg

It has a removable shabu pot and grill surface.  Plus separate temperatures for each.  The old one was a single large, heavy unit that was a pain to clean.  It had a single temperature setting so liquid had to be maintained in the shabu pot even when we were done with it and just grilling.

MooKataHome2.jpg

Edited by tko
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

The smog in Bkk today was off the charts, so instead of my usual park walk, I wondered around Terminal 21. Not had ice cream for a long time, so a Banana split was in order in Swensen's. 

20220217_140233.jpg

Swenson's is lovely. Been in the Pattaya one a few times and the Siem Reap one a couple of times.

Have a Kaspas in town that opened a year or two ago. They do a similar menu. Proper rare treat though as the calories count is bloody scary 😂

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Swenson's is lovely. Been in the Pattaya one a few times and the Siem Reap one a couple of times.

Have a Kaspas in town that opened a year or two ago. They do a similar menu. Proper rare treat though as the calories count is bloody scary 😂

Yer, given my lack of walking,  I won't be loosing any weight this week methinks. 

It was super sweet too with lots of sauce under the ice cream. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Surprised 1

I made zuppa toscana (Tuscan soup) in two versions:

traditional (Italian sausage, potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, onion, baby spinach and shaved Parmesan cheese) for myself ...

IMG_2397.png

IMG_2403.png

and then substituted baked zucchini for the sausage for my niece. She doesn't like Italian sausage.

IMG_2399.png

I also made eggplant Parmesan, but it's hard to see the eggplant under the tomato sauce.  I also has minced onion as well as mozzarella and shaved Parmesan cheeses.  Unfortunately, it didn't photograph well.

IMG_2407.png

IMG_2408.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I made zuppa toscana (Tuscan soup) in two versions:

traditional (Italian sausage, potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, onion, baby spinach and shaved Parmesan cheese) for myself ...

IMG_2397.png

IMG_2403.png

and then substituted baked zucchini for the sausage for my niece. She doesn't like Italian sausage.

IMG_2399.png

I also made eggplant Parmesan, but it's hard to see the eggplant under the tomato sauce.  I also has minced onion as well as mozzarella and shaved Parmesan cheeses.  Unfortunately, it didn't photograph well.

IMG_2407.png

IMG_2408.png

A couple of Evil masterpieces there.

Eggplant parm is tremendous if made right. Mom used to make it. You have to cut the eggplant properly and salt it, lay it out on paper towels for a while. I think improves the texture and flavor of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You have to cut the eggplant properly and salt it, lay it out on paper towels for a while. I think improves the texture and flavor of it.

Yes, exactly. The salt draws some of the excess moisture out of the eggplant.  I dusted the slices of eggplant with salt and let them sit for an hour,  then rinsed off the salt and patted them dry with paper towel.  The slices were  lightly coated  with flour and fried in hot sunflower  oil for a minute on each side to make them crispy. They went into the baking dish in layers, with each layer topped with tomato sauce and the pieces of cheeses. I baked it for 20 minutes under foil, then another 20 without the foil.

Evil

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Yes, exactly. The salt draws some of the excess moisture out of the eggplant.  I dusted the slices of eggplant with salt and let them sit for an hour,  then rinsed off the salt and patted them dry with paper towel.  The slices were  lightly coated  with flour and fried in hot sunflower  oil for a minute on each side to make them crispy. They went into the baking dish in layers, with each layer topped with tomato sauce and the pieces of cheeses. I baked it for 20 minutes under foil, then another 20 without the foil.

Evil

👍

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Whenever I flew back into either DM or SUV I would stay at BS Apartment, a cheap charlie place near Zeer, to meet up with whichever wife I was married to at the time.

The market was always a welcome return to Thai food but the Swenson's in Zeer in the morning was bloody excellent before heading out East or North....... depending on which wife I was married to at the time! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, galenkia said:

One of my favourite ever films, just brilliant.

Ah yes. Not as emotional as I used to be as a kid, but even recently the scene where he’s talking to Jenny’s grave saying how smart little Forrest is…..never fails to bring a few tears

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1