Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I love the Thai food, but too much of the same thing and I am craving something different. 

I mostly put up photos of my Western cooking or restaurant meals, but we probably eat Thai 70% of the time.  When I take my short jaunts to Pattaya, hopefully to resume soon, it's 100% Western, because of the wider variety available there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, tko said:

I mostly put up photos of my Western cooking or restaurant meals, but we probably eat Thai 70% of the time.  When I take my short jaunts to Pattaya, hopefully to resume soon, it's 100% Western, because of the wider variety available there.

I do mix it up, but I am conscious of my weight. Lost 10kgs since being here. While the pounds keep dropping off I can enjoy most things.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

I do mix it up, but I am conscious of my weight. Lost 10kgs since being here. While the pounds keep dropping off I can enjoy most things.

Congratulations on your weight loss mate. 👍

That's a great achievement. Bet one of the reasons is smaller portions because you are eating out all the time. When you are cooking at home it's far too easy to load up your plate with more than you really need. Plus all those Thai dishes are usually lower fat and calories than your usual diet. 

Keep up the good work, it's seeing the results that keep you motivated. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Bet one of the reasons is smaller portions because you are eating out all the time.

Unless one is dining in an Indian restaurant, in which case it's compulsory to order 2 or 3 times what you could possibly eat  !!   But no worries, have the remaining food bagged up and take it home for breakfast the  next day......

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

That's a great achievement. Bet one of the reasons is smaller portions because you are eating out all the time. When you are cooking at home it's far too easy to load up your plate with more than you really need. Plus all those Thai dishes are usually lower fat and calories than your usual diet. 

Keep up the good work, it's seeing the results that keep you motivated. 

Thanks mate, I do walk 5 to 6k on the beach most days, will be interesting to see if I keep it off when I go to Bkk. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thanks mate, I do walk 5 to 6k on the beach most days, will be interesting to see if I keep it off when I go to Bkk. 

I used to take the BTS from Nana, connect with the MRT at Asoke (using the tunnel connection). Then take that to Lumphini Park. Walk up the steps and directly into the entrance of the park.

The walks through the tunnels and up/down the steps of the BTS/MRT is a good workout (but cool enough so that you aren't dying of heat stroke). Then you get to the park and have a wonderful walk through there.

Catch some water and a short break before heading back (so you are not sweating like a hog on the train). Then the same on the way back (maybe catch some lunch, or in your case a game of pool). 

I did that for about 2 or 3 weeks straight back on my 2018 trip. Loved it, lost a ton of weight. Can't wait until I can do that same thing again. It was a great daily routine.

As you know Lumphini is a magical place (IMO). Then in 2019 I discovered Benchakitti Park (as you know) and would split my daily walks between there and Lumphini. Getting to Benchakitti is a good brisk walk down Suk and then right on Asoke, another great walk as you know.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2