Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

46 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Easy meal. Spinache, bacon and cheese from the oven. Accompanied by some fried potatoes and egg. Lush.

IMG20220205173021.jpg

IMG20220205173039.jpg

That looks friggen awesome.    

If you have a link for how to make that spinach thing.... it would be great. I'll also look for something on Youtube.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Chilli and Prawn stirfry 

CD67D394-2DA8-4581-BEB0-5CF3AA7B404D.jpeg

That looks very tasty. Nice pic also.

I haven't had shrimp for a while. I need to get back to LOS soon. 

These Thai style food pics are killing me, especially the ones with large, mouthwatering, crisp, juicy prawns.  drool 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

That looks very tasty. Nice pic also.

I haven't had shrimp for a while. I need to get back to LOS soon. 

These Thai style food pics are killing me, especially the ones with large, mouthwatering, crisp, juicy prawns.  drool 

I just buy them frozen , then defrost as required 

I do a stir fry a couple of times a week , it's quick, cheap and easy to do 

9D289F11-36CD-4FCC-A010-4AC33CCEBEDF.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

They were massive  555 👍

Same as diamonds eh, the bigger they are, the more you pay per gram…..no volume discount

Here in Canada, I always saw them as a semi-luxury food item growing up, but they really aren’t. Like meat or anything else, shop around and find a decent price. I often see a bag for $7 for 400g, size of ~30-35. That’s decent…..

Now caviar…..you won’t see me eating that any time soon 😂

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Same as diamonds eh, the bigger they are, the more you pay per gram…..no volume discount

Here in Canada, I always saw them as a semi-luxury food item growing up, but they really aren’t. Like meat or anything else, shop around and find a decent price. I often see a bag for $7 for 400g, size of ~30-35. That’s decent…..

Now caviar…..you won’t see me eating that any time soon 😂

These were about £7.30 ( CAD 12.60 ) for a frozen 1kg bag ( 800g defrosted ) , great value I thought 

• Great Info 1

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

These were about £7.30 ( CAD 12.60 ) for a frozen 1kg bag ( 800g defrosted ) , great value I thought 

It always amazes me the grocery prices you lads post….London has to be one of the priciest cities in the world, I see townhouses that sell for £100M+++, but if you’re not eating out, food & booze seems to be very cheap in-store

Yep.... I have gotten so I buy high percentage of my foods heavily discounted (especially meat). There is a kind of trick to it.... Every time I go to the various groceries (even with no plans of buying meat), i still have a gander to see if there are any exceptional deals. Some days are better than others, most days I just walk away with nothing. Tuesday seems to be the best days, Saturdays the worst.

Recently I have found rump roasts that were originally priced at $46 each. Roughly around $10/pound. I would snatch them up when the are reduced to around $15 each, roughly $3/pound. I usually shoot for finding meat for around $3/pound, in some cases up to $4/pound. You have to be patient, but be able to pull the trigger when you find those deals. Either cook it up that same day, or freeze it for later.