Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

24 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Interestingly, toast is one thing that I don't like well done, but my bread still gets a good couple of trips around those conveyor belt things.

Toast, crumpets, anything like that I like pretty well done. As Steve said, restaurants in Thailand usually serve you up slightly tanned bread, though some places do it how I like it . 

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Nah mate, you just think that your toast has been round 10 times...... I'll whisper in your ear so nobody can hear ......Other people are stealing it .........

I've had that experience in the past Dangle, so i soon wised up and stood guard over my few slices as they were doing their rounds in the contraption......

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what the bison meatloaf looked like on the plate with mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potato, peas and mushrooms.

IMG_2304.png

It's a bigger portion than I usually have, but I hadn't eaten all day and was hungry.

IMG_2306.png

In case you're wondering about the hard boiled egg in the center of the meatloaf:  that's how my mom made it because my dad liked it that way.

IMG_2311.png

My dad grew up in an extended family on a small ranch in Montana.  Money was often in short supply.  His mother and grandmother had to stretch a few pounds meatloaf the dsme way of ground beef to feed 15 people.  They added oatmeal to the beef and "packed" the loaf with hardboiled eggs.  He liked the taste of his mom's meatloaf and wanted my mother to make meatloaf the same way.

Evil

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, SteveBC said:

That looks great Boyd, and i love that crispy ring around the edge.....

Ditto. Perfectly cooked IMO. That pizza is exactly how I prefer them. Well cooked, plenty of sauce (quality good flavor), quality pepperoni, quality cheese, thin crispy crust.

I do prefer cut into squares though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Ditto. Perfectly cooked IMO. That pizza is exactly how I prefer them. Well cooked, plenty of sauce (quality good flavor), quality pepperoni, quality cheese, thin crispy crust.

I do prefer cut into squares though.

Cut into squares, sounds like you may be a chap who likes soldiers with his soft boiled egg ??

Agreed that the pizza is spot on, but i'd likely just fold it in half and eat it like a sandwich......

8 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Cut into squares, sounds like you may be a chap who likes soldiers with his soft boiled egg ??

Agreed that the pizza is spot on, but i'd likely just fold it in half and eat it like a sandwich......

If the soldiers have a vagina then, probably yes.   lol

Pizza usually is served piping hot, and usually when you are hungry as hell. A pizza properly cut into squares allows for easier cooling of the first pieces (and better handling) so you can gobble it down quicker.

It also has something to do with how the families favorite pizza was served when I was a kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spring rolls for last nights tea and my first try of Thai sausages, my lady dashed off to the food cart and came back with what I think were pork and noodle sausages. 5 for 100b. A bit anemic looking, but tasted ok and no bad after effects either.

20220124_112707.jpg

20220124_112737.jpg

20220124_112746.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Spring rolls for last nights tea and my first try of Thai sausages, my lady dashed off to the food cart and came back with what I think were pork and noodle sausages. 5 for 100b. A bit anemic looking, but tasted ok and no bad after effects either.

20220124_112707.jpg

20220124_112737.jpg

20220124_112746.jpg

That sausage needs the Boydeste treatment 

• Haha 2