Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

On 7/1/2022 at 12:27 AM, Painter said:

Homemade chicken noodle soup....

It was too hot and the bowl was too full.... but the taste was great

20220630_181812.jpg

American style Chicken Soup is one of my specialties. I do not make it with noodles, as I have enough eff'in carbs in my diet.

I usually make a pot of soup once a week and eat it for lunches throughout the week. I have about 7 soup recipes that I rotate through. Every few months, I have too much soup on hand and skip a week.

Many of the soups that I make are one form or another of chicken soup (American, Thai, Mexican, Mediterranean). I could not quickly find a pic of my American Chicken soup, but here is the two step recipe.

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/alton-brown/chicken-soup-la-pressure-reloaded-8750044

I am a home cook. The first step in the recipe provides me with a supply of Chicken Stock that I use in a lot of recipes, especially soups. This requires that one has a 6-8 Qt. Instant Pot/Pressure cooker. These are not cheap. I bought one on Lazada for about 15,000. I use it a lot.

With regard to the recipe for the soup portion (I usually use about 4 cups of stock for a soup recipe). I do not care for parsnips. I substitute carrots at that point. I also add a cup of frozen green beans (thawed). 

This recipe also requires that one knows how to butcher a chicken. That is not that hard to do and there are a myriad of videos available on the internet. You do need some decent knives and a higher end kitchen sheers to do this. It used to take me about an hour to work through this. I now do so in about 15 minutes including removing the skin. You do not want all of that skin fat in your stock. Tastes like sh*t. (How would I know?)

I just made this recipe a couple of days ago, so it will be 2 months before I do so again. I will however heat up a bowl over the next few days and try to remember to take a pic. 

Buen provecho.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

£6 for a sausage bap at Southampton Airport 

6FE80208-D3B6-410B-B268-BA8823C94830.jpeg

Got the makings of a nice snack there, i know airports are expensive places, but for 6 quid i'd expect them to at least cook the sausages and butter the bread.....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Cheesy beans on toast for brunch

I do my beans in the microwave with cheese layered on top. Then I cut my toast into soldiers (sometimes with Marmite) then dip them in and use a knife to heap it all onto each soldier...

And remember James May "A bean boiled is a bean spoiled!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I do my beans in the microwave with cheese layered on top. Then I cut my toast into soldiers (sometimes with Marmite) then dip them in and use a knife to heap it all onto each soldier...

And remember James May "A bean boiled is a bean spoiled!"

I warm the beans on the stove and stir the cheese in until it just melts, then it's good to go onto the buttered toast. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I warm the beans on the stove and stir the cheese in until it just melts, then it's good to go onto the buttered toast. 

What cheese do you use?

I find that Siamburis cheddar quickly separates into 3/4 fat and 1/4 thick globules of spunk so I use Swiss/Emmental/Maasdam/ which stays together quite well and easier to "load up" onto the soldiers.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:51 AM, ChiFlyer said:

American style Chicken Soup is one of my specialties. I do not make it with noodles, as I have enough eff'in carbs in my diet.

I usually make a pot of soup once a week and eat it for lunches throughout the week. I have about 7 soup recipes that I rotate through. Every few months, I have too much soup on hand and skip a week.

Many of the soups that I make are one form or another of chicken soup (American, Thai, Mexican, Mediterranean). I could not quickly find a pic of my American Chicken soup, but here is the two step recipe.

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/alton-brown/chicken-soup-la-pressure-reloaded-8750044

I am a home cook. The first step in the recipe provides me with a supply of Chicken Stock that I use in a lot of recipes, especially soups. This requires that one has a 6-8 Qt. Instant Pot/Pressure cooker. These are not cheap. I bought one on Lazada for about 15,000. I use it a lot.

With regard to the recipe for the soup portion (I usually use about 4 cups of stock for a soup recipe). I do not care for parsnips. I substitute carrots at that point. I also add a cup of frozen green beans (thawed). 

This recipe also requires that one knows how to butcher a chicken. That is not that hard to do and there are a myriad of videos available on the internet. You do need some decent knives and a higher end kitchen sheers to do this. It used to take me about an hour to work through this. I now do so in about 15 minutes including removing the skin. You do not want all of that skin fat in your stock. Tastes like sh*t. (How would I know?)

I just made this recipe a couple of days ago, so it will be 2 months before I do so again. I will however heat up a bowl over the next few days and try to remember to take a pic. 

Buen provecho.

Here is a pic of my American Chicken Soup.

Chicken Soup American.jpg