What are you reading?

Al McReady

Michael Lewis book picked up in my local charity shop. Huge fan of his, have heard him lecture and love most of his output from Liars Poker onwards.

This one is off Economics and into Politics, in the main about the vital work obscure arms of the US government does. As always with Lewis, brilliant writing

Screenshot_20211203-130142_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

One from a popular author on this topic, a great read so far- has Macintyre ever written a bad book?

image.png

Not to my knowledge he hasn't & I've read most if not all.

But Agent Zigzag is in my view his best,absolutely brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/7/2021 at 6:14 PM, coxyhog said:

Not to my knowledge he hasn't & I've read most if not all.

But Agent Zigzag is in my view his best,absolutely brilliant.

Just finished it, really enjoyed. The best I've read so far of this but have several to go. Would be hard to believe as fiction but it happened!!!

• Like 1

With the cricket being so boring yesterday I was able to finish my Richard Sharpe book and make a start on my next action read which the library finally had available for me. Another day like yesterday and I will probably finish it tonight.

better-off-dead.jpeg

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Started this while watching the Spurs game. Latest Cornwell. 

41DIkZRA3XS.jpg

Thought Dr. Scarpetta would be in a retirement home by now. I remember reading the first couple of books of the series in the early 90's. Gave up on the series as I found the detective Marino character too irritating.

Edited by forcebwithu