What are you reading?

Al McReady

On 12/23/2023 at 10:52 AM, forcebwithu said:

Catching up on reading the Harry Bosch series. Now up to book 14, Nine Dragons with only six more to go to finish the series.

image.jpeg

Have to say, Connelly has become one of my favorite authors. Now up to book 19, The Wrong Side of Goodbye. Unlike a lot of series, the Jack Reacher books come to mind, Connelly's writing and his Harry Bosch books keep getting better with each new book.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

While reading the Harry Bosch series, I'm also listening to the Agent Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Currently on book 3, The Cabinet of Curiosities.

I think these books would make for a good TV series, but sadly I see plans to do so have been canceled.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Latest in the Cormoran Strike series. 945 pages so should keep me busy for a while. Last book was similar length.

Robert Galbraith is actually J.K. Rowling writing this series under a different name. Although the books are long, they never seem drawn out. She really has a talent for writing long stories that keep you engaged.

IMG_0050.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Latest in the Cormoran Strike series. 945 pages so should keep me busy for a while. Last book was similar length

Read my first Strike novel " Troubled Blood" earlier this month.

She doesn't do skinny volumes does she😀picked it up in a second hand bookstore.

Like you I found it an engaging read.

Looks like you've bought the hard back. As a bonus you can. Keep fit Bench pressing it

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:44 AM, forcebwithu said:

While reading the Harry Bosch series, I'm also listening to the Agent Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Currently on book 3, The Cabinet of Curiosities.

I think these books would make for a good TV series, but sadly I see plans to do so have been canceled.

image.jpeg

I ended up fast forwarding through most of Cabinet of Curiosities. It got off to a decent start, but then just dragged on and on in the middle chapters. Probably why I gave up on the series years and years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, andycoll said:

And No. Are these physical books or ebooks?

Amazon lists the two books as only being available as an e-book. I see Pattaya 2020 is part of a series, with the other books available on dead trees.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RZ77N22?binding=kindle_edition&qid=1706414127&sr=1-2&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin

https://www.amazon.com/Bangkok-Drowning-Steven-W-Palmer-ebook/dp/B0C5Y48QKZ/ref=sr_1_1

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Amazing how he keeps turning out decent books, reviews well, hopefully a decent read for you🙂

Yeah, it’s a follow on from Finders keeper’s, about 60 pages in and good so far.

• Thumbs Up 1