What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

19 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

It's bloody hot 🔥,  bound to make a man thirsty.

For me draft beer is the best for quenching a thirst. As i've said before San Miguel is the very best for me - ice cold if possible

• Thumbs Up 1

This morning I walked through the pain to get to Big C..(Which isn't very far !!!). I noticed that J J McWilliam's red is back down to 399 a bottle. It was 399 last year until the fuckers changed it to 499 !!

So at the moment I am slugging down a cold 14% Shiraz Cabernet. vintage 2021 ..

Nowt special about it but then again nothing under 600 baht is  here... For 399 it goes head to head with 19 Crimes at 600 baht !

EDIT = They had two of the JC aged in oak barrels recommended by @Horizondave too but I thought I'd go for the cheaper option at that price ...

Next time !

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The San Mig dark on draught in the Mexican on Soi 7  (OR MAYBE 8!)  Was a bloody excellent light tasting dark beer.. very quaffable !!!

Was that Tequila Reef Soi 7?. Seem to recall they did an alarmingly good selection of Tequila based cocktails as well.

currently on filtered coffee, might have one or two Bombay tonics later on...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:30 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

So at the moment I am slugging down a cold 14% Shiraz Cabernet. vintage 2021 ..

Nowt special about it but then again nothing under 600 baht is  here... For 399 it goes head to head with 19 Crimes at 600 baht !

OK Own up!! Which of you bastards emptied the shelves of the Shiraz Cabernet ?????!!!

I am now trying the Shiraz at 13.5% instead. It isn't cold yet but taking a sip, it tastes quite promising..399Baht too!!

I also noticed a Laughing Bird Dry WHITE which is new to me bit I'll try that on another day ..

Ooooooh! My life is so exciting !!!

• Thumbs Up 2