What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

For the UK based wino's on here ASDA have a 25% off 6 bottles or more offer on at the moment & the next Sainsbury’s 25% off wine confirmed date: Sunday 28th March – Saturday 3rd April 2021.

I've got a click & collect at ASDA tomorrow for 19 bottles of wine.

Particularly good is the Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc - it's already on offer at £8(from £10) so you get it for £6.

I was watching a couple of reds, they went up from £6 to £8 prior to the 25% off offer.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, bob lt said:

I was watching a couple of reds, they went up from £6 to £8 prior to the 25% off offer.

Well most of the stuff I bought was already on offer before the 25% was deducted.

Some very good deals such as a Chateauneuf du Pape reduced from £18 to £12 then with 25% off it was half price.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Had a huge night out on that a couple of decades ago ... don't think I've drunk it since  🙂 

Ha! Yes, I always go fairly careful with it. I’ve had a couple of weeks off booze but had half a bottle of red with dinner and a couple of those in the evening with some TV.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, Stillearly said:

Had a huge night out on that a couple of decades ago ... don't think I've drunk it since  🙂 

Snap, my ex introduced me to it many moons ago, after a night out in Spain we drank a bottle sat on the balcony until the early hours.

Don't think I have had it since.

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Snap, my ex introduced me to it many moons ago, after a night out in Spain we drank a bottle sat on the balcony until the early hours.

Don't think I have had it since.

It’s safe to come back…just go easy with it 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stray said:

It’s safe to come back…just go easy with it 🙂

I used to drink sweet sickly things like Southern Comfort neat, so the Glayva slipped down very easy. These day I try not to drink neat spirits so much to give my BP and liver a respite.

BUT, if I see it I may just have a tipple for old time sake. :default_fun:

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

I used to drink sweet sickly things like Southern Comfort neat, so the Glayva slipped down very easy. These day I try not to drink neat spirits so much to give my BP and liver a respite.

BUT, if I see it I may just have a tipple for old time sake. :default_fun:

Sounds very reasonable…I find lots of ice is the key so it dilutes it as the ice melts.

Enjoy if you do try one for old times sake 🥃

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, coxyhog said:

Some very good deals such as a Chateauneuf du Pape reduced from £18 to £12 then with 25% off it was half price.

I remember my old friend and I bought a few bottles way back in 2003-4, and it was about $35 CDN. But the £ was at least 2.30 at the time, so £15. 
But definitely cheap booze in UK these days when translated back to home currency 

• Like 1