What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

9 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Drinkable but is it enjoyable 555

I am not going to lie, I am a real ale drinker and there is not going to be anything to compare.

But, I need to go two weeks with little or no alcohol and I am fed up with soft drinks, especially the low calorie type. These have given me at least something different to help get by the weekends when I drink the most. By mixing a few together I have been able to enjoy something different. The sureal bit is getting no buzz and waking up in the morning with no hangover!

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I am not going to lie, I am a real ale drinker and there is not going to be anything to compare.

But, I need to go two weeks with little or no alcohol and I am fed up with soft drinks, especially the low calorie type. These have given me at least something different to help get by the weekends when I drink the most. By mixing a few together I have been able to enjoy something different. The sureal bit is getting no buzz and waking up in the morning with no hangover!

For a real ale drinker I imagine evenĀ an alcoholicĀ Ā lager would be a disappointment unless there is a LBFM sat on your knee.

I don't like low cal soft drinks, most seem to have a saccharine taste to me. Where health is concerned, we have to make sacrifices at times.Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, bob lt said:

For a real ale drinker I imagine evenĀ an alcoholicĀ Ā lager would be a disappointment unless there is a LBFM sat on your knee.

I don't like low cal soft drinks, most seem to have a saccharine taste to me. Where health is concerned, we have to make sacrifices at times.Ā 

Ā 

I can drink some largers and enjoy them, Stella and Moretti I find quite nice in the summer if really cold.

Your last comment is the important one and that is why I am going booze free for a couple of weeks to see how my body responds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Water - because of a couple of strokes in the last 4 years, I rarely drink alcohol these days. I also have an enlarged prostate and I piss enough without alcohol making me piss even more. Go fo a PWS blood test in AprilĀ 

On the plus side, I've been off the blood pressure pills for 6 months now (doctor's orders) and it's fine so I must be doing something right. My left leg and arm are both very weak though I do spend some time on my exercise bike twice a day . 8 minutes morning and afternoon though will increase to 9 minutes from Monday ( March 1 and then to 10 minutes on the 15th)

Alan

Ā 

Ā 

I

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw a bottle of Vintage Port on sale in our large local Tesco Lotus for 599 baht yesterday.

They just have to had missed a 1 or 2 before the 5 on the label.

I simply could not be bothered to walk to the desk at the front of the store to get the price checked because they constantly put items above the wrong price tag without being able to read if the bar code number matches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

I saw a bottle of Vintage Port on sale in our large local Tesco Lotus for 599 baht yesterday.

They just have to had missed a 1 or 2 before the 5 on the label.

I simply could not be bothered to walk to the desk at the front of the store to get the price checked because they constantly put items above the wrong price tag without being able to read if the bar code number matches.

If the price had been on the bottle I would have gone for it, not a bad price for a bottle of Port in Thailand.Ā 

I remember when Blue Port (excuse the pun) opened in Hua Hin and I was visiting the supermarket to see a whole load of scallops on sale for 60 baht, should have been 600.Ā  Luckily I got it for the 60 baht but the following week it was back at the correct price.

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If the price had been on the bottle I would have gone for it, not a bad price for a bottle of Port in Thailand.Ā 

I remember when Blue Port (excuse the pun) opened in Hua Hin and I was visiting the supermarket to see a whole load of scallops on sale for 60 baht, should have been 600.Ā  Luckily I got it for the 60 baht but the following week it was back at the correct price.

I think I would have taken the bottle to the till and asked anyway.

Nothing to loose methinks!

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I think I would have taken the bottle to the till and asked anyway.

Nothing to loose methinks!

I wouldnā€™t have taken a bottle to the checkout and asked the price, I would take ALL the bottles to the checkout and asked the price.Ā :default_drink:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I wouldnā€™t have taken a bottle to the checkout and asked the price, I would take ALL the bottles to the checkout and asked the price.Ā :default_drink:

Check the price first, then go back for the rest. LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

How is it ? I've not tried any alcohol free winesĀ 

A bit like the beers really, not the same as the real thing but OK.

Out of all the beers I have tried so far the San Miguel is the best one for my taste

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the UK based wino's on here ASDA have a 25% off 6 bottles or more offer on at the moment & the next Sainsburyā€™s 25% off wine confirmed date: Sunday 28th March ā€“ Saturday 3rd April 2021.

I've got a click & collect at ASDA tomorrow for 19 bottles of wine.

Particularly good is the Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc - it's already on offer at Ā£8(from Ā£10) so you get it for Ā£6.

• Great Info 1