NFL

Stillearly

Was a good Monday nighter…..I just had to share this, maybe best punt I’ve ever seen. For those who don’t know, punters are pretty unappreciated players, but play an important role. If the kick lands in the end zone, the other team starts at the 20-yard line, so anything 19 and in is a “bonus”. Well this one was far inside of that, AND nobody had to touch the ball for it to stop, truly impressive…..AND maybe a touch lucky 

All I can say this fine Sunday…..these place-kickers are GOOD in the NFL! Matt Gay hits FOUR 50+ yarders, Prater just line drives one from 62 at Halftime to maybe lead AZ to an upset over Dallas

College kickers are not even in the same area code, this fool missed a chip shot from 29 Saturday to cost his team the lead(they did win in OT)….and he was the “replacement for a struggling starter”……😂

IMG_2592.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching 49ers -Seattle on tape delay…

Goddamn Mcaffrey is good, the Gerry Cooney of the NFL. I have never seen a white man at that position, ever, much less one with talent…blocking fullback who carries 3 times a game, yes, like Alstott….I guess it’s true, we cannot run or jump

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Goddamn Mcaffrey is good, the Gerry Cooney of the NFL. I have never seen a white man at that position, ever, much less one with talent…blocking fullback who carries 3 times a game, yes, like Alstott….I guess it’s true, we cannot run or jump

Sea Chickens dispatched ... and cooked!

. . .

404584521_7012489358807218_7243371436950035714_n.jpg

1200x0.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Mike Alstott played tailback, or running back, in the 1 back formation with Tampa Bay. But yeah, he was also a blocking fullback for Warwick Dunn when they were both playing for the Buccaneers.

Maybe you were too young to remember, but John Riggins was the featured back when he played for both the NY Jets in the 70's and the Washington Redskins in the 80's. Dude was fast too. As a Kansas high schooler, he could run a 100 yard dash in about 10 seconds.

My thing is, there hasn't been a starting white cornerback in the NFL since Jason Sehorn, 20 years ago. There have been starting safeties but to the best of my knowledge, no starting corners who were white.

I "demand" the NFL end this clearly racist practice of not keeping any white cornerbacks on the active 53 man roster.

I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Mr. Smooth Reminds me of our CFL- BTW Montreal won their first Grey Cup in 13 years Sunday, going for the tie but got a TD with 13 seconds left! 

We have a quota that makes about half the players Canadian, 🇺🇸 are denoted as “imports” . But the high skill positions, it can be so lopsided…Nathan Rourke recently became the first starting QB who is 🇨🇦 in forever, it is news when a local boy even makes 3rd string!  Has always seemed quite unfair to me but whatever…..Jesse Palmer the Bachelor went straight into the NFL

But it’s a league full of talent, even if minimum salary is $50K. Only so many NFL jobs to go around, the rest go up North. Chad Ochocinco could NOT believe the talent, he only lasted a year….Johnny Manziel couldn’t cut it either. And we do have many success stories of guys making the big dance, Warren Moon the most famous…Flutie, Garcia, Theismann even got their starts there. 

Edited by Golfingboy

The Barry Sanders documentary bye bye Berry is an excellent watch if you guys haven't seen it it's available on some torrent sites. He played 10 seasons yet he holds most of the running back records a really great look at him and his career I always knew he was good this shows me just how good

• 1 month later...

OMFG what a cruel ending to the Colts season against the Texans….17-17, Houston scores a TD with 6:00 left but misses the point after. Both teams 9-7, winner is in playoffs, loser out. Indianapolis has a great drive, 4th and 1 they take their best player off the field and make IMO a great play call……except the guy drops the ball, effectively ending his team’s season. Poor throw, but you just squeeze it! 

15 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

OMFG what a cruel ending to the Colts season against the Texans….17-17, Houston scores a TD with 6:00 left but misses the point after. Both teams 9-7, winner is in playoffs, loser out. Indianapolis has a great drive, 4th and 1 they take their best player off the field and make IMO a great play call……except the guy drops the ball, effectively ending his team’s season. Poor throw, but you just squeeze it! 

Yeah, but it is a Qb league as evidenced by Houston's first play of that game when Stroud effortlessly threw one 65 yards on a rope for a TD. You couldn't have handed the ball to the receiver in any better position.

8 hours ago, Trip said:

Yeah, but it is a Qb league as evidenced by Houston's first play of that game when Stroud effortlessly threw one 65 yards on a rope for a TD. You couldn't have handed the ball to the receiver in any better position.

I agree. Why pass? the chances of a completion are 70% at best.

39 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Well I wasn't expecting that.

Packers 27, Cows 7 - half time.

Insane……social media has so many Cowboys haters/memes/jokes…….they will have a field day once again…..I forget the sports book line but they were a heavy favourite? So compared to what Las Vegas predicted they are losing by 5+ TOUCHDOWNS in less than 3 quarters….That is so bad! 

Edited by Golfingboy