NFL

Stillearly

13 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Be interesting to see if Buffalo is as good as people say

Shoot, you’re up early….It is so funny, almost my whole life I hated the Bills, being raised by a Dad who was a huge Joe Namath fan, would watch the Jets almost every Sunday in the 80’s-90’s, usually losing to Miami or Bills. But since the Brady era in New England, the hate got stronger for the Patriots, and now the last few years I don’t mind the Bills , especially since Josh Allen arrived. Same with Miami, hated Dan Marino(he feasted on the JETS DB’s) but now don’t mind them

Was just reading that another receiver, name escapes me, struck gold, almost $2M a game, $140M total …..must be nice

Anyway, ecstatic NFL is back, I still enjoy some hockey especially Edmonton, but the NFL for me is the top dog of sports today…with the Cowboys being worth $8B and rising, many people agree 

Edited by Golfingboy

Really shocked how the Bills dominated the Rams Thursday, doing that to the defending SB champs sends a message. 

Great Saturday today in NCAA, Alabama got a last second FG to edge Texas who had just taken the lead. TOO MANY GAMES  are on TV, 3-4 all day on the American networks, and many are highly ranked teams. Nice to see we don’t need a $200 package to watch some sports

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yea when you add on that late game. Detroit scores the first points of this Sunday the first Sunday of the NFL and then they get their asses kicked. I can't catch a break another long season of being A lions fan

Take comfort Larry that you had the best RB in history. If Barry played 6-7 more years, AND had five 330 pounds OL monsters like the Cowboys did for Emmitt…..I mean what, easily 22,000 yards+ 

Adrian Peterson had a shot if he didn’t lose 2 years to legal BS, he BOXED Leveon Bell last night, another amazing RB out of NFL way too young….

Makes me sick Larry, I’ll be happy to retire to Thailand living on $1,500 a month, if I happen to turn that into $2,500 or $3K so be it. And these guys find ways to piss away $100 million, or refuse contracts and retire because they feel “EXPLOITED”

Wish I was exploited

OK, Packers-Vikings

20 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Take comfort Larry that you had the best RB in history. If Barry played 6-7 more years, AND had five 330 pounds OL monsters like the Cowboys did for Emmitt…..I mean what, easily 22,000 yards+ 

Adrian Peterson had a shot if he didn’t lose 2 years to legal BS, he BOXED Leveon Bell last night, another amazing RB out of NFL way too young….

Makes me sick Larry, I’ll be happy to retire to Thailand living on $1,500 a month, if I happen to turn that into $2,500 or $3K so be it. And these guys find ways to piss away $100 million, or refuse contracts and retire because they feel “EXPLOITED”

Wish I was exploited

OK, Packers-Vikings

Man did I get lucky Detroit + 6 they come back and cover now come on GB

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just watching Colts- Broncos, pretty boring game.I have never seen an offensive lineman get dominated like Indianapolis #79 Raimann. Poor bastard had 4 penalties, plus  let Ryan get sacked and fumble on another play…. Just in the FIRST HALF! 

BTW, has Ryan ever gone downhill from his Falcons days. Arguably one of the better QB’s to play in recent memory going by his yards, but oh my does not look comfortable on this version of the Colts

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I thought this was an overblown rumour at first. Anyway, that was fast for a couple worth $1B. Maybe he should have retired, or maybe he’ll play better now that it’s official. But Gisele is selfish if she really blames him for “leaving her alone in Boston”. These folks have private jets and can be together anywhere in the USA in 4 hours or less……rich people problems SMH

0D8D56B0-3C3C-4FF5-BFBE-5912A45FFE3F.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

The Saints defense was awesome today. Las Vegas didn’t even cross the fifty yard line until deep in the fourth quarter. They also shutout the league third highest scoring offense. Maybe there’s hope for the rest of their miserable (so far) season.

Packers looked awful at times last night, but so many injuries to deal with. A player was ejected and had a 15 yard penalty for shoving a Bills coach after a sideline tackle….that was a first for me. Josh Allen is an amazing talent, never seen a big man who can throw like him, yet have the speed to scamper…..and not slide. He lowers the shoulder and hits the defence for more yards. Better arm than Vick or Steve Young, I really enjoy watching him

Bills-Eagles face off in SuperBowl? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Got tickets for the Penn state V Michigan State Collage football game in State Collage on thanksgiving weekend end of November. 

Dont know the first thing about American football but cant wait to experience this one!

You’ll have fun, great environment, huge crowds and a sellout I’m sure. NCAA football is huge business, some games can have 100,000 fans and still command $500 for the cheapest seats- the title game in January is more expensive than a SuperBowl- to watch students 18-22 play! Count on a 3:45 day from the time play starts, it’s longer than an NFL game due to some clock rules I won’t bother mentioning. 

My late father loved football, and felt so bad for the Penn State coach who died during an awful scandal a decade ago. Again I’ll just link it for you, was huge news here and had a huge effect on the school. I just did an aerial view, what a nice campus, so many facilities even a golf course. Kind of small town between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. No joke, my cousin and I are going to catch a game one day, this might be the spot! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Paterno

Oh and the stadium name kind of has a Pattaya ring to it! 

7D8145A1-26C7-4FBD-89FA-A60058C1AF8E.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1