NFL

Stillearly

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

What's the idea behind this , I know it's an "all-star" game , but surely most of the best players are playing next week .. is it a charity thing ? 

Players from the 2 Super Bowl teams don't take part.

Don't think it's a full on game with proper tackling, but sure our North American members would know more.

Edited by Lemondropkid

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Man I read yesterday both Jalen Ramsey and Andrew Whitworth were both held out of practice for The Rams..not good. It said that they would be " questionable" if the game were today.

Thank god for another week..

Don’t worry, Tiger Woods won the 2008 US Open on a broken leg. It’s the SuperBowl, there is all kinds of “medicine”, they shall play….

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Players from the 2 Super Bowl teams don't take part.

Don't think it's a full on game with proper tackling, but sure our North American members would know more.

You are correct, but……there was one instance of a player taking it a little far. Then tragedy hit, he was shot in a home invasion while recovering from an injury, poor guy lost too much blood from his leg. An inch either way, and he probably would have had a Hall of Fame career. 

RIP Sean Taylor, would have been one of the great safeties to ever play……

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=912000332806227

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

You are correct, but……there was one instance of a player taking it a little far. Then tragedy hit, he was shot in a home invasion while recovering from an injury, poor guy lost too much blood from his leg. An inch either way, and he probably would have had a Hall of Fame career. 

RIP Sean Taylor, would have been one of the great safeties to ever play……

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=912000332806227

Sorry to say but that's a cowardly tackle in my book.

In the context of what's supposed to be I assume a low impact "friendly game" to hit a runner with full force who's not expecting contact?

But then I appreciate without that nastiness many of these guys wouldn't survive in the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

71 hours to go……

I’m pissed off right now…Grocery flyers came out today and no great deals on wings, which are a SB staple for me. A whole $7 CAD for a 600 gram box, it’s a travesty….Next thing you thing the baht bus is going to cost 11B 

I buy wings here for now about 125 a pound but that is expensive was paying 1 dollar a pound. Oh well If I want them I will pay for them....................................I want them 😁 

4 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I buy wings here for now about 125 a pound but that is expensive was paying 1 dollar a pound. Oh well If I want them I will pay for them....................................I want them 😁 

That’s OK Larry, we MUST have wings on Sunday, or Monday for you. I was being half comical, but for real I didn’t see any deals that jumped out at me. These corporations here, they have beautiful packaging and all, but often for your 20 ounces or so, the weight of the sauce is included, so not much chicken left over. Sneaky bastards, I remember ice cream was 2 litres, now the same looking package is 1.65. 

Anyway, I’m going to pick up 2 boxes of wings, not sure about ribs yet, plus I have an Uber deal, so going to get a nice 18” Italian pie. And no beer this year, don’t feel like it…..

• Thumbs Up 1

Game tonight is 23-30 local time for me so going to record it.

My daily racing paper have weighed in with a pull-out for the big game.  Interesting fact in the 2 years Burrow has been in the league he's an incredible 12-4 ATS (against the spread) playing teams with a winning record.

That makes Burrrow the most profitable quarterback for punters in the past 2 years.

Edited by Lemondropkid

Can't believe how close every game in the playoffs and final have been. Amazing. 

Caught a little of this near the beginning when I woke up earlier but started to late to watch it all as I had to sleep for work this morning. 

Will watch the highlights show. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:48 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

So wheres the money going ? I can't pick a side as the line is around 3.5 to 4.5 and I think with that line too close to call. But I do like and have bet the under 49.5 as well as a bet on Burrow passing for less than 277 yards. Looking forward to this Superbowl

Winner winner easy money

• Thumbs Up 2

Great game, congrats to the LA Rams. That final scoring drive for the Rams, Stafford to Kupp pretty much all the way down the field, and then Aaron Donald on the defensive end closing the door. The better team definitely won the game. I'm most happy for Stafford after 12 years playing for a losing team in Detroit, now has answered all the questions about post-season failure.

He now has the same number of rings as Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes.

The commercials and halftime show, OTOH, were pathetic, an ode to BLM and political correctness. Few if any advertisements too memorable that will have people talking this week. Third rate celebrities lucky to get work, movie characters from 20 years ago shedding the cobwebs of irrelevance to sell a new hybrid or electric car to "save the planet"? Spare me.

The NFL has screwed the pooch with the Super Bowl. An endless (actually 6 hours and 35 minutes long from start to opening kickoff) filled with all the usual social justice hoo haw, the tear jerker stories, the musical performances of groups nobody knows, the slavish network promos for their lousy programs, and all the rest. I thought Maria Taylor, the woke, prima donna NBC anchor, was going to cream her jeans talking about Dr. Dre, Eminem and Mary J Blige. The average Super Bowl fan probably doesn't know the difference between Dr. Dre and Dr. Phil.

They need to just go back to a tight, 90 minute pregame show, which leaves plenty of time to features certain players, coaches and maybe the host city for SB preparation. Keep the game as it's centerpiece and not used as a platform for politics or social causes.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Great game, congrats to the LA Rams. That final scoring drive for the Rams, Stafford to Kupp pretty much all the way down the field, and then Aaron Donald on the defensive end closing the door. The better team definitely won the game. I'm most happy for Stafford after 12 years playing for a losing team in Detroit, now has answered all the questions about post-season failure.

He now has the same number of rings as Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes.

The commercials and halftime show, OTOH, were pathetic, an ode to BLM and political correctness. Few if any advertisements too memorable that will have people talking this week. Third rate celebrities lucky to get work, movie characters from 20 years ago shedding the cobwebs of irrelevance to sell a new hybrid or electric car to "save the planet"? Spare me.

The NFL has screwed the pooch with the Super Bowl. An endless (actually 6 hours and 35 minutes long from start to opening kickoff) filled with all the usual social justice hoo haw, the tear jerker stories, the musical performances of groups nobody knows, the slavish network promos for their lousy programs, and all the rest. I thought Maria Taylor, the woke, prima donna NBC anchor, was going to cream her jeans talking about Dr. Dre, Eminem and Mary J Blige. The average Super Bowl fan probably doesn't know the difference between Dr. Dre and Dr. Phil.

They need to just go back to a tight, 90 minute pregame show, which leaves plenty of time to features certain players, coaches and maybe the host city for SB preparation. Keep the game as it's centerpiece and not used as a platform for politics or social causes.

Coverage sounds appalling. The UK coverage was great, all about the football. However UK sports coverage is far from being exempt on the PC front, where you guys lead, unfortunately we are likely to follow.

But well done Stafford and the LA Rams. Was simple in the end, just throw the ball to Cooper!

• Like 1

Good game. Great finish. Sorry to see some of the stars go down. 

Over the top amazing stadium. LA is the capital of make believe so it is no surprise. Tinsel Town.

American Football is in the thick of "leveling the playing field" these days so the extracurricular activities are no surprise. Personally I like old hip hop...

Saw this and thought it was a good counterpoint to views expressed in a post above. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Great day to be a Rams Fan of course......so happy for Matt Stafford..12 years in Detroit..good to see Andrew Whitworth after 16 years as an NFL Linemen to finally get a Championship.....he is a good dude too. Gives away alot of his money and time to help alot of others...well done to him. 

As far as the Superbowl commercials...well.. I would STILL hit Selma Hayek.......with authority LOL! 

NINTCHDBPICT000518182054.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1