Darwin Award nominations

fygjam

It looks like he hit 259kph before he had to slow down. That speed in the day time is dangerous enough but at night with a limited headlight range..... Suicide.

Edited by biggles
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, biggles said:

It looks like he hit 259kph before he had to slow down. That speed in the day time is dangerous enough but at night with a limited headlight range..... Suicide.

I once hit 197 kph (on the GPS) with my car in Germany and found it to be the upper limit of my driving ability (the car could still go faster) in broad daylight on a nearly empty freeway. I didn't keep it up for long. Anything above 200 without serious, advanced training is suicide, just please don't take anyone else with you.

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

I once hit 197 kph (on the GPS) with my car in Germany and found it to be the upper limit of my driving ability (the car could still go faster) in broad daylight on a nearly empty freeway. I didn't keep it up for long. Anything above 200 without serious, advanced training is suicide, just please don't take anyone else with you.

I reached 155mph(on my speedo) on the autobahn in my last MB,which was a 3L oil burner.From what I've seen most roads are only unlimited between 10pm - 6am but I found a stretch where I could do it.....not something that I'm likely to repeat.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 1:08 PM, coxyhog said:

I reached 155mph(on my speedo) on the autobahn in my last MB,which was a 3L oil burner.From what I've seen most roads are only unlimited between 10pm - 6am but I found a stretch where I could do it.....not something that I'm likely to repeat.

Despite being a total car nut, I lose my bottle at anything over 110 mph. I got a lift to work on monday in a mates 2018 E class coupe 220d, 100 mph and it was like being on a magic carpet, the only difference in road manners between 100mph and 30 was literally the speedo needle. No doubt bout it, Merc really make some awesome cars, and I'm seriously tempted that when the  2018 onwards (facelift) E class coupe hit their depreciation curve, I might well get one.

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Despite being a total car nut, I lose my bottle at anything over 110 mph. I got a lift to work on monday in a mates 2018 E class coupe 220d, 100 mph and it was like being on a magic carpet, the only difference in road manners between 100mph and 30 was literally the speedo needle. No doubt bout it, Merc really make some awesome cars, and I'm seriously tempted that when the  2018 onwards (facelift) E class coupe hit their depreciation curve, I might well get one.

I've had my E500 Sport Coupe for over 9 years now & I still love driving it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/26/2021 at 11:26 AM, biggles said:

I would always take a newly acquired performance car up the M3 at 3/4am when it was deserted to get it up to its max speed, bloody loved it.....

Think BMW M3 being driven at 155mph (limited) up the M3 lol 

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I would always take a newly acquired performance car up the M3 at 3/4am when it was deserted to get it up to its max speed, bloody loved it.....

Think BMW M3 being driven at 155mph (limited) up the M3 lol 

Brutal punishment for serial hoon with $600K Lamborghini

https://au.news.yahoo.com/brutal-punishment-for-serial-hoon-with-600-k-lamborghini-092753816.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:
hoon
/huːn/

INFORMALAUSTRALIAN
verb
gerund or present participle: hooning
  1. behave in a loutish way, especially by driving recklessly.
    "she noticed people hooning around Ohariu Valley"

17 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Completely justified, but disqualifying him for a Darwin (he is alive with his gonads intact).

Four years in jail, lotta bikies in Queensland jails, gonads may not survive.

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

That would frighten the life outta me, i've never been a biker, 4 wheels has always seemed safer lol

I had my Yamaha R1 up to 150mph one day and still had plenty of throttle left, but that was enough for me; I've had two Bimmers (just sold my E46 but kept the E36) and still haven't had them much over 100mph - our remote northern roads don't have much traffic enforcement but they have other potential dangers, like rough spots and wildlife...

• Thumbs Up 1