Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

The long-awaited railings have arrived at the back of The Avenue 

20240106_144942.jpg

They had been moved when I walked past about 5pm. The only evidence of workers on site today were half a dozen large holes for the railings to fit in...

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

18 hours ago, Painter said:

They had been moved when I walked past about 5pm. The only evidence of workers on site today were half a dozen large holes for the railings to fit in...

Progress....

20240107_113726.jpg

The holes they drilled yesterday were only 2 or 3 inches deep. Today, they are sitting the railings in the holes, bashing 3 bits of rebar around the base in the holes, then welding the rebar to the railings and concreting over the lot...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Painter said:

The holes they drilled yesterday were only 2 or 3 inches deep. Today, they are sitting the railings in the holes, bashing 3 bits of rebar around the base in the holes, then welding the rebar to the railings and concreting over the lot...

20240107_143934.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

We'll have to start a betting pool on how long those stay perpendicular after they pour the concrete. Me, I give it three weeks and that's probably being generous.

Who says they’ll be perpendicular before they pour the concrete?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Bazle said:

And to throw some light on what is happening ........

20240108_132706.jpg

New betting pool. Which will remain upright longer, the ornamental lights or the railings?

I think those lights will be knocked over quicker. All it will take is someone trying to squeeze through the opening rather than walking along the railings to an opening for steps.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Was here for the first time today.

go 01.jpg

They started the refit of the old stores into Go Wholesale after the repaving of the Beach Rd footpath started, and have managed to finish and open while the footpath still remains an unfinished mess. Amazing Thailand.

5 minutes ago, KWA said:

Should have trimmed a bit more off before taking that tree along there!

tree 01.jpg

Looks like he's making a turn. In which case the driver needs to learn he doesn't need to swing wide to make the turn. See this all too often, even drivers who are driving piss ant small cars. And don't get me started on their lack of depth perception.

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

old pattaya pics from my archives...

Is the 7th picture taken at the Southern end of Jomtien before you have to take a left at the bend ???

I used to drive down from the village up North about 15 years ago (probably more) with my Golden in the back of the pickup. We used to visit that restaurant because there was a nearby car park that was in sight of the tables. My Golden would sit upright in the car waiting for the kids to ferry her food until it was her time to go playing in the sea .. Wonderful dog, wonderful friend.

Another good point with that restaurant was that it allowed alcohol on dry days including voting days ...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Is the 7th picture taken at the Southern end of Jomtien before you have to take a left at the bend ???

I used to drive down from the village up North about 15 years ago (probably more) with my Golden in the back of the pickup. We used to visit that restaurant because there was a nearby car park that was in sight of the tables. My Golden would sit upright in the car waiting for the kids to ferry her food until it was her time to go playing in the sea .. Wonderful dog, wonderful friend.

Another good point with that restaurant was that it allowed alcohol on dry days including voting days ...

Yes. (Photo is from 2011.)

A few more shots from that time:

. . .

20110508-IMG_9418.jpg

20110508-IMG_9435.jpg

20110508-IMG_9445.jpg

20110508-IMG_9478.jpg

20110508-IMG_9498.jpg

20110508-IMG_9486.jpg

20110506-IMG_9230.jpg

20110506-IMG_9206.jpg

20110506-IMG_9147.jpg

20110506-IMG_9134.jpg

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What was the Haven has been flattened...

20240115_112721.jpg

Originally a family mart.... or was it a 711?... then became something like iknow? ...by buckhou market anyway, never any customers, is changing again

20240115_115152.jpg

More stripping on soi 1520240115_110517.jpg

20240115_115850.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1