Big Snake & Other XL Creatures

lazarus

What's that crawling up my leg..?

Snake on a plane: Cobra in airplane cockpit prompts emergency landing

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/cobra-in-airplane-cockpit-south-africa/index.html

South African authorities are applauding a pilot’s courage for safely landing an aircraft after feeling a venomous stowaway cobra slithering on his body mid-flight.

The pilot, Rudolf Erasmus, told CNN he was piloting a small aircraft on Monday with four colleagues aboard when he felt a “cold sensation … underneath my shirt at my hip area.”

“At first, I thought it was my water bottle leaking,” Erasmus said. “As I then turned to my left and I looked down, I saw the head of the snake receding back underneath my seat.”

“I had a moment of stunned silence,” he said. “It was more as if my brain did not register what is going on to be truly honest. It was a moment of disbelief, I think.”

Before departing on the first part of the day’s multileg trip, Erasmus said he had heard from people at the airport “that they saw this cape cobra that was seeking refuge underneath our wing of the aircraft and had a suspicion that it crawled into the engine cowling.”

A search of the plane turned up nothing, “so we assumed the snake had gotten out and went on his merry way,” he said...

. . .

Screenshot 2023-04-07 192228.jpg

• Surprised 3

On 4/22/2023 at 9:19 AM, lazarus said:

In Nakhon Phanom news: The home owner didn't get an electricity bill for three months, which he was happy about. Haha. And, then he found out why...

342393531_920133939224360_2563136556320417843_n.jpg

342522101_1031403871170614_1031119722320010922_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076644525809817/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=2655245404616380

That would do me in. I'd have the big one right there and drop like a sack of potatoes.

32 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Snakes of Isaan

"Not a snake, but can someone identify.  Roi Et Thailand 27.4.2023 at 2 p.m. About a meter long."

343373804_1863120130738689_7968049302282465808_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076644525809817/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=2659158700891717

343411844_958395215290424_404845397789122843_n.jpg

Monitor lizard.

Leave it be, it will bugger off.

Gives a nasty bite if threatened, and the claws are to be avoided too.....

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Monitor lizard.

Leave it be, it will bugger off.

Gives a nasty bite if threatened, and the claws are to be avoided too.....

Google Image search came up with Clouded Monitor.

I'm also an expert in how nasty lizard bites can be.

I joined a group of friends and family for my best friend's wedding in Little Cayman Island many years ago. They had a lounge of lizards roaming the island and we took to feeding them banana slices. Everyone except me was smart about it and tossed the slices to them from a distance.
image.jpeg

Me, being me and into stupid human tricks decided to give the cute guy a banana slice while I was holding it between my fingers.
DSC00453.JPG

Later that evening my friend's niece proudly displayed a pictorial of the result her mother had painted on her arm.
P1010096_censored.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 3

Snakes of Pattaya

"Hello everyone! ID please 🙏 ( Najomtian)"

344339263_106705102411029_34548095719473391_n.jpg

"Malayan Pit Viper (Calloselasma rhodostoma). In Thai: งูกะปะ (ngu ga pha). With highly cytotoxic (cell destroying) venom, a great camouflage and a sit-and-wait approach to hunting, thousands of people suffer bites from these snakes across Southeast Asia every year. Active by night, they are often found sitting in the middle of, or alongside walking trails in their wait for passing prey. Bites are very painful but do not usually end fatally. A bad bite can lead to necrosis. Many victims are left with dysfunctional or amputated limbs due to the lack of antivenom and early treatment. They are oviparous and the eggs are guarded by the female after deposition. #notadmin"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690357437927914/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3056867084610269

• Like 2

200 quails seems on the high side.

Python Devours Almost 200 Quails in Pattaya

Brave snake catchers caught a two-meter-long python after it had gobbled down almost ‘200 quails ‘ raised for farming in Pattaya.

The team of snake wizards arrived at a residence in Pattaya’s Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi province, at 10 PM yesterday, May 24th, after the house owner called to inform them that he had spotted a long python curling up inside his quail’s cage.

Due to their brave hearts and abilities, the snake wizards were swiftly able to locate and catch the large snake that was coiling up in the grass near the birdcage. After measuring it, they were surprised to find that the beast was over two meters in length and weighed over 40 kilograms.

In an interview with The Pattaya News team, the snake catchers said the snake’s weight could partially come from almost ‘200 poor quails‘ that it had just eaten in a birdcage based on the statements of a house owner.

The exact number of quails eaten was not scientifically given.

Despite the damage, the animal would be safely released back into nature where it belonged, the snake catchers told The Pattaya News.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

200 quails seems on the high side.

Python Devours Almost 200 Quails in Pattaya

Brave snake catchers caught a two-meter-long python after it had gobbled down almost ‘200 quails ‘ raised for farming in Pattaya.

The team of snake wizards arrived at a residence in Pattaya’s Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi province, at 10 PM yesterday, May 24th, after the house owner called to inform them that he had spotted a long python curling up inside his quail’s cage.

Due to their brave hearts and abilities, the snake wizards were swiftly able to locate and catch the large snake that was coiling up in the grass near the birdcage. After measuring it, they were surprised to find that the beast was over two meters in length and weighed over 40 kilograms.

In an interview with The Pattaya News team, the snake catchers said the snake’s weight could partially come from almost ‘200 poor quails‘ that it had just eaten in a birdcage based on the statements of a house owner.

The exact number of quails eaten was not scientifically given.

Despite the damage, the animal would be safely released back into nature where it belonged, the snake catchers told The Pattaya News.

image.jpeg

Maybe he can claim on insurance, 20 turns into 200, nice little profit methinks. 

• Thumbs Up 2