Post a picture showing the weather where you are now.

john luke

Just now, Painter said:

24° on my balcony. Almost needed to find some socks...

This is the only time of year I wear socks around the house and two layers of shirts.

Another thing with the cold weather is the drop in humidity which drys out the skin. My skin is really showing its age now.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Its bloody freezing up here in Korat currently 22C at 9.40am, wifey and i have jackets on in the house, brrrrrrr.......

Last night was the first time this year when I actually felt a bit chilled. 

I'd guess most Thai's were freezing their nads off though.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This is the only time of year I wear socks around the house and two layers of shirts.

Another thing with the cold weather is the drop in humidity which drys out the skin. My skin is really showing its age now.

Yep. I have been noticing the "skin thing" rather depressing actually. 

Trouble is.... the old age factor (lose skin) there's really nothing you can do about it other than plastic surgery I guess. With that you end up walking around looking like Herman Munster instead of just looking like an old burned out alkie.  lol

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I shall be wearing my 20 year old Burtons hoodie out shopping today !!

It wasn't even fashionable then !!!

I can feel a song coming on ......

I shipped over some of my winter clothes when I made the move. More so because I figured the possibility of one day I may end up spending time in a more cooler climate. 

I used to shake my head at some of the old stuff my Dad used to wear, now i understand why. I quit caring about staying "up to date" years ago. 

Gal is the fashion guru on the board.

:default_band:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This time of year is very dry where I live, even though it has been unseasonably warm so far this winter - sparks fly when I take off my shirt, and when I get up from my easy chair to change a thumb drive on my laptop, I have to ground myself on a light switch screw before I touch the computer, with a visible and audible spark. I pulled the sheets off my bed to wash them the other day and I could hear the crackle of static and feel my hair lift. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, maipenrai said:

This time of year is very dry where I live, even though it has been unseasonably warm so far this winter - sparks fly when I take off my shirt, and when I get up from my easy chair to change a thumb drive on my laptop, I have to ground myself on a light switch screw before I touch the computer, with a visible and audible spark. I pulled the sheets off my bed to wash them the other day and I could hear the crackle of static and feel my hair lift. 

It's kind of cool to fluff the sheets in the dark and see the blue light of the small sparks of static electricity.

And I expect the fires caused by the use of cell phones while pumping gas is inreality a spark of static electricity igniting the fuel when the nozzle is touched to the car. It was just coincidental the person was using a cell while pumping gas.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Lol. Can't remember the last time I got zapped. But, over here when you get zapped you usually end up in the morgue.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It's kind of cool to fluff the sheets in the dark and see the blue light of the small sparks of static electricity.

And I expect the fires caused by the use of cell phones while pumping gas is inreality a spark of static electricity igniting the fuel when the nozzle is touched to the car. It was just coincidental the person was using a cell while pumping gas.

That's why you should always close the doors on the car, and sut off the engine when filling up.

See Thai's over here all the time leaving the car running when gassing up. Another Thai deathwish. 

I suppose when that happens the family doesn't have to worry about paying for cremation services. I always try to look at the bright side of things.    lol

On 1/5/2024 at 9:38 AM, lazarus said:

nice fluffy clouds after the rains...

PSX_20240104_183503.jpg

On 1/5/2024 at 9:48 AM, Phantom51red said:

Cha am1000039577.jpg

Fcuk me !

Both of those shots are tremendous. Well done !

:default_goodjob:

• Like 1

Would do, but it’s still dark.

looked at the forecast for today, zero chance of rain.

It is absolutely bucketing down, can’t even get out to put the wheelie bin,s out.

Another great job by the forecasting team.