The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

@galenkia Damn mate I am gutted. You predicted many times you were in for a tough ride with Jan passing…..now we know you weren’t exaggerating. I can’t say anything other than try to stay grounded & get a proper diagnosis, instead of the quacks just giving you more pills & sending you home. 

I didn’t want to mention this, but during the hockey game Saturday my nephew had a major crisis and disappeared for half an hour. On top of his VAPE addiction, he started on the weed, and refuses to quit….while beneficial for many, it HAS NOT BEEN SO for him. We paid extra to be in the first row balcony, but he says the noise levels and fear of falling 70 feet over the edge drove him batty…very sad

Like I said before, PM me and we will FaceTime chat whatever. A few people close to me wrote me off during my illness, thinking I did it all to myself…..f**k them, now that I am better I remember very well who abandoned me….if I taste any success in the future, I will be sure to shove it in their faces! 

Here for you dude, get better Inknow it’s not your fault 🙏❤️

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey guy's, here's what I eat, 6 mg Cholchine for the pain and 90 mg Arcoxia for the water swelling. When I get my attacks, the first sign I get is a tingly pain in my big toe, then I know it's coming, so I start eating both, twice a day. After a few days, I don't have the pain anymore and it goes away, BUT...... if I wait 3-4 days after I feel the first tingly pain, then it's too late and have to deal with it for the next 2-3 weeks ! It truly sucks.

I Used To do the black cherries, then the black cherry pills, in concentrated form, and that worked.... sometimes, but hard time to get either here, so

ARCOXIA 2..jpg

CHOLCHINE GOUT IN FEET..jpg

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting article on exercise and aging. The key take away, you're never too old to start exercising.

At 93, he’s as fit as a 40-year-old. His body offers lessons on aging.

"What made Morgan especially interesting to the researchers was that he hadn’t begun sports or exercise training until he was 73. Retired and somewhat at loose ends then, he’d attended a rowing practice with one of his other grandsons, a competitive collegiate rower. The coach invited him to use one of the machines.

“He never looked back,” Daly said."

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

46 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Interesting article on exercise and aging. The key take away, you're never too old to start exercising.

At 93, he’s as fit as a 40-year-old. His body offers lessons on aging.

"What made Morgan especially interesting to the researchers was that he hadn’t begun sports or exercise training until he was 73. Retired and somewhat at loose ends then, he’d attended a rowing practice with one of his other grandsons, a competitive collegiate rower. The coach invited him to use one of the machines.

“He never looked back,” Daly said."

image.jpeg

Cheers mate !  For many of us who work in a good routine (along with a little luck - no bad falls or accidents) chance are reasonable that we can make to or even over 100.

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

@galenkia Damn mate I am gutted. You predicted many times you were in for a tough ride with Jan passing…..now we know you weren’t exaggerating. I can’t say anything other than try to stay grounded & get a proper diagnosis, instead of the quacks just giving you more pills & sending you home. 

I didn’t want to mention this, but during the hockey game Saturday my nephew had a major crisis and disappeared for half an hour. On top of his VAPE addiction, he started on the weed, and refuses to quit….while beneficial for many, it HAS NOT BEEN SO for him. We paid extra to be in the first row balcony, but he says the noise levels and fear of falling 70 feet over the edge drove him batty…very sad

Like I said before, PM me and we will FaceTime chat whatever. A few people close to me wrote me off during my illness, thinking I did it all to myself…..f**k them, now that I am better I remember very well who abandoned me….if I taste any success in the future, I will be sure to shove it in their faces! 

Here for you dude, get better Inknow it’s not your fault 🙏❤️

Nice job. Well written and I appreciate your openess.

Keep in mind that in some cases people don't necessarily abandon us in times of prolonged need. It can be a number of things....

- they see things within you that maybe you do not recognize, and realize that what they may have to say may just go in one ear and out the other. They also fear that any suggestions of "how to improve" may even be detrimental.

- they may feel protective of others (such as their own children) in regards to how much energy they have to provide within themselves emotionally. Humans are limited in that capacity at times, they sometimes have to make sacrifices in how much they can give emotionally to others. 

- there can be many other reasons, too many to mention. That may be preceived as not caring but things you may not recognize at the time. Each person has their own emotional gas tanks, many of them are running on empty themselves. 

I know what you are saying above can run through your mind during times of personal struggle, but try to keep these things in mind when sorting things out. We are all responsible for our own thoughts, responses and actions - whether they are self imposed or as a consequence of others (intentionally or unitentionally).

--------------------------------------

I once worked with a guy for years. He was a very nice guy, caring, helpful, etc. He was going through a long difficult divorce process. He would discuss his difficulties and hardships with other employees on an individual basis. He did so as if he was seeking some kind of guideance or solution to something that was all within himself. 

Over time once the particular individual he was unloading on became exhausted and the guy did not find whatever it was he was looking for. He would move on to another, then another, then another. All with the same result.

When he got to me I told him I understood his difficulties and wished him well. I also advised him that I was not in a position to offer him any more than that. If I tried it would have taken too much out of me and not benefited him. It would have just continued to enable him to continue on the negative path. And, anything I may have said would not solve his problem. Maybe it would have provided some kind of temporary relief for him, but at a cost for me. In the end it would have only prolonged his misery.

I believe in helping out people whenever possible (say in a short term crisis situation), but people who have long term, on going issues need to work with the professionals, and especially themselves. Best to avoid turning to your friends for this type of thing. They are not responsible for your thoughts/actions. They may still love you and want the best for you, but there are limitations they have within themselves as well. Many of those limitations/struggles/challenges they have you may not be aware of.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, SCOTTIEDAM said:

Hey guy's, here's what I eat, 6 mg Cholchine for the pain and 90 mg Arcoxia for the water swelling. When I get my attacks, the first sign I get is a tingly pain in my big toe, then I know it's coming, so I start eating both, twice a day. After a few days, I don't have the pain anymore and it goes away, BUT...... if I wait 3-4 days after I feel the first tingly pain, then it's too late and have to deal with it for the next 2-3 weeks ! It truly sucks.

I Used To do the black cherries, then the black cherry pills, in concentrated form, and that worked.... sometimes, but hard time to get either here, so

ARCOXIA 2..jpg

CHOLCHINE GOUT IN FEET..jpg

Prevention is better than cure, i found. Would you not try Allopurinol?

I only take one 100mg tablet a day (lowest dose) and the cherry extract.

Sometimes I feel the uncomfortable tingling in my toe or joint by the ball of my foot, but instead of a full blown very painful attack, it goes away.

Very happy I started the Allopurinol and cherry combination.

• Great Info 3

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Prevention is better than cure, i found. Would you not try Allopurinol?

I only take one 100mg tablet a day (lowest dose) and the cherry extract.

Sometimes I feel the uncomfortable tingling in my toe or joint by the ball of my foot, but instead of a full blown very painful attack, it goes away.

Very happy I started the Allopurinol and cherry combination.

I've been on one 100mg allopurinol tablet once a day for the last 13 years or so and have never had an attack of gout since - I do get the occasional transient pain in my extremities but this goes with my age anyway and has never caused me much alarm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just had an ultrasound, so awaiting the results,so hopefully can go home if all is well.

Sounds like you need to get home mate, comfortable and familiar surroundings are good for the mindful peace that you'll need.

Also, probably a good sleep won't go amiss either, along with a decent feed.

Throughout all of  this I know you're still grieving, it is a very, very hard road you're walking at the moment. One day at a time mate.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I've been on one 100mg allopurinol tablet once a day for the last 13 years or so and have never had an attack of gout since - I do get the occasional transient pain in my extremities but this goes with my age anyway and has never caused me much alarm.

Yes, but that's because you live in a year round hot climate.

:default_527:

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Sounds like you need to get home mate, comfortable and familiar surroundings are good for the mindful peace that you'll need.

Also, probably a good sleep won't go amiss either, along with a decent feed.

Throughout all of  this I know you're still grieving, it is a very, very hard road you're walking at the moment. One day at a time mate.

Sleeping and eating has been fine, no problems at all. Be nice to get home but the staff  have been brilliant as are all the staff i know through Jan.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Back in my own bed now.

will miss the staff though as they were amazing, as are all NHS staff I know through Jan.

Was in no hurry to leave there really.

Got given a load of medication and supplements drinks as well, a carrier bag full of them.

Got to make an appointment with my GP to discuss making an appointment with a psychiatrist.

Nice one Al, now the future is bright.

Get that fridge stocked up and maintain the good work Jan's friends have done.

A few weeks down the road, the weather will be picking up and you will be fit and strong to enjoy the emerging Spring. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Nice one Al, now the future is bright.

Get that fridge stocked up and maintain the good work Jan's friends have done.

A few weeks down the road, the weather will be picking up and you will be fit and strong to enjoy the emerging Spring. 

Cheers mate. Feel a lot better now, just went through a difficult dark period of my life. Called my GP earlier about seeing a psychiatrist and they are going to call me back this afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

58 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Your an amateur at buying trainers.😀

IMG_0017.jpeg

I been wearing Sketchers for years, but the last couple of pairs have fallen to pieces after 2 months of walking.

What do you recommend for comfort and long-term mate?

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I been wearing Sketchers for years, but the last couple of pairs have fallen to pieces after 2 months of walking.

What do you recommend for comfort and long-term mate?

I have worn adidas since I was a young teenager. Never have to try them on as I know they will always fit perfectly. Comfortable and seem to last a decent length of time.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Welcome to the world of bipolar, and obsessive fixation.

You might be on to something…..a much younger cousin of mine just had 2 kids with a Korean girl, they have already split up. Apparently she has like 30+ of those fancy water bottles for the gym…..I mean how many do you need? A real princess too, and I love Asians but from what I’ve seen online, I’ve had better for $30 in Thailand 

Oh yeah she’s the one who forbids her kids’ faces being shown online, but has still posted 100’s of snaps of them from behind or otherwise

• Great Info 1
  • Confused 1