The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

On 12/5/2023 at 5:24 AM, Stillearly said:

After a short stop off in Soi 12 ...was just told that my sperm tastes very sweet... I assume that's down to my healthy lifestyle 😇 555

Or down to the fact you dipped it into the Sweety jar beforehand. 
Dirty bastard. 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

408251185_1096784811689035_4170382301833284102_n.jpg

Had several Colonoscopies over the years and after the first one, I made damn sure I was within 10 meters of the crapper at home,  20 minutes from taking the first drink the day before and 5 minutes after taking the second drink on the day of the camera going up. 

A friend of mine broke both legs in a motorcycle accident and was in hospital with both legs in plaster right up to his groin. 
After 2 days he’d told nurse that he’d not had a bowel movement, so she gave him one of those white nuclear torpedos to shove up his asshole, but she told him “as you are walking on two crutches, you must be within a few yards of the toilets because they act fast”.

Of course, being a man, he completely ignored her advice.

After a few minutes he said he “felt a slight rumble down there”, but didn’t think it would lead to anything much, so continued to walk further away from the toilets chatting to the other patients. 

Eventually the nuclear reactor up his asshole woke up and decided to do its job.
He realised that things were going to happen and fast and that he was too far away from the toilets and walking on 2 crutches, not a good situation at all. 
Apparently he got about 10 yards and the bowel movement he hadn’t had for two days, he was now having and in liquid form, ideal for filling the two,  full length plaster casts, from the top down. 
So he had to have both casts removed, then get cleaned up and have both broken legs reset and have new plaster casts applied. 

Anyone who say’s women don’t know best, especially nurses, are talking out their ass. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 4
  • Surprised 1

Has anyone spotted those white turds laying in the street and assume they are dried dog turds. Well I think I know different. 

Many years ago I was meant to have a Colonoscopy, but when they got the first foot of the camera cable up me, the radiologist decided it was too painful for me, so he stopped. Then he had “a bright idea” and said to me “as your large bowel and colon is empty, we won’t waste the opportunity to do some sort of investigation for your problems, I’m sending you next door to have a barium enema, which may highlight any problems in your bowel”. 
So next door I trot and lay on a special XRay table where a different radiologist shoved a big baby dummy like thing up my ass and pumped it up to form a seal. 

Through this device passed a clear tube attached to a 3 litre back of white liquid which apparently shows up on XRay. 
He hung this bag on one of those shiny metal posts and opened the tap. 
I have to say it felt good as it made its way around my large bowel as the X-ray table tilted every which way to ensure the liquid spread all along the bowel as he took X-rays.

I could actually see my colon in black and white and I was amazed at the detail shown in the X-rays. 
When he’d finally finished, he chucked the now empty bag on the floor and left the room and the nurse said “lay still, so that as much as possible of the liquid can drain back into the bag”. 

After probably 5 minutes the nurse released the pressure in the dummy up my arse to reduce the width, so she could remove it from my orifice. 

She then ushered me into a toilet with the instruction to “stay on the toilet for as long as you need to evacuate the remaining liquid, then you can see yourself out”.  

Remember those white turds at the beginning of this tome?

I’m pretty certain that they are from patients that have had a barium enemas, but didn’t stay sat on the toilet long enough to drain the white stuff they still had inside them and on leaving the hospital, got caught short and dropped one in the street. 

If you don’t believe me, when next you see one laying in the street, look around you, I bet there’s a hospital close by  🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 2

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Has anyone spotted those white turds laying in the street and assume they are dried dog turds. Well I think I know different. 

Many years ago I was meant to have a Colonoscopy, but when they got the first foot of the camera cable up me, the radiologist decided it was too painful for me, so he stopped. Then he had “a bright idea” and said to me “as your large bowel and colon is empty, we won’t waste the opportunity to do some sort of investigation for your problems, I’m sending you next door to have a barium enema, which may highlight any problems in your bowel”. 
So next door I trot and lay on a special XRay table where a different radiologist shoved a big baby dummy like thing up my ass and pumped it up to form a seal. 

Through this device passed a clear tube attached to a 3 litre back of white liquid which apparently shows up on XRay. 
He hung this bag on one of those shiny metal posts and opened the tap. 
I have to say it felt good as it made its way around my large bowel as the X-ray table tilted every which way to ensure the liquid spread all along the bowel as he took X-rays.

I could actually see my colon in black and white and I was amazed at the detail shown in the X-rays. 
When he’d finally finished, he chucked the now empty bag on the floor and left the room and the nurse said “lay still, so that as much as possible of the liquid can drain back into the bag”. 

After probably 5 minutes the nurse released the pressure in the dummy up my arse to reduce the width, so she could remove it from my orifice. 

She then ushered me into a toilet with the instruction to “stay on the toilet for as long as you need to evacuate the remaining liquid, then you can see yourself out”.  

Remember those white turds at the beginning of this tome?

I’m pretty certain that they are from patients that have had a barium enemas, but didn’t stay sat on the toilet long enough to drain the white stuff they still had inside them and on leaving the hospital, got caught short and dropped one in the street. 

If you don’t believe me, when next you see one laying in the street, look around you, I bet there’s a hospital close by  🤣

Hilarious ! Nothing funnier than a good barium enema story.

You have to wonder who the fcuk figures out how to do this kind of proceedure in the first place ? And, who in the fcuk do they get as volunteers to test it on ?

I've never had one. Maybe on my upcoming trip to Buriram I may give it a go.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

About every other week I seem to be catching an upper respiratory infection. Been feeling like crap since the beginning of the week. And yesterday I started up with sneezing fits that turned into a hacking cough overnight. I'm wondering now if it's the same bug I've been fighting off for over a month.

Since the mucus I'm coughing up is green/yellowish I figure the cause is probably bacterial, so have started on a course of azithromycin. Sure hope that does the trick as I'm tired of being under the weather this long.

31 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

About every other week I seem to be catching an upper respiratory infection. Been feeling like crap since the beginning of the week. And yesterday I started up with sneezing fits that turned into a hacking cough overnight. I'm wondering now if it's the same bug I've been fighting off for over a month.

Since the mucus I'm coughing up is green/yellowish I figure the cause is probably bacterial, so have started on a course of azithromycin. Sure hope that does the trick as I'm tired of being under the weather this long.

Dude, I have learned. When it lingers that long it's time to see the doctor. They've saved my ass, more than once.

Don't know if you have had covid. For those who have had covid. There is always the possibility that some can have "long covid". I actually know very little about. But, it would not be surprising to me that many folks out there, aren't aware. 

These things can be identified with test. Therefore you are far more likely to manage your way out of your current malaise.

• Like 1

Guys, all you have to do is eat some bananas and some greens once in a while. And take a nice walk in the sunshine now and then (but not for too long). These two simple things can make a significant difference with your overall health. 

Plain and simple...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The description of the colour of your mucus sound like some sort of infection. 
Has a Doctor seen you and prescribed Azithromycin, or have you just popped into the chemist and bought something over the counter? 
Antibiotics are great at doing what they are designed for, but bad if taken for something that they aren’t and can lead to resistance to antibiotics further down the line, which isn’t good. I’m resistant to several and it causes me problems when I get a bacterial infection, as the doctors have to find one that works for me. 
If you’ve seen a doctor then fine, if you haven’t, then go see one ASAP. He’ll take a sputum sample for testing and if you do have a bacterial infection, he’ll know exactly which antibiotic will help to clear it up. 

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Has a Doctor seen you and prescribed Azithromycin, or have you just popped into the chemist and bought something over the counter? 
Antibiotics are great at doing what they are designed for, but bad if taken for something that they aren’t and can lead to resistance to antibiotics further down the line, which isn’t good. I’m resistant to several and it causes me problems when I get a bacterial infection, as the doctors have to find one that works for me. 
If you’ve seen a doctor then fine, if you haven’t, then go see one ASAP. He’ll take a sputum sample for testing and if you do have a bacterial infection, he’ll know exactly which antibiotic will help to clear it up. 

^^^ Cheers on this one mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

PM  2.5

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Arrived home today to a bowel screening test , I missed the date , but spoke to them and it's okay  

my Mum and a friend both died from this cancer, so happy to take part in the screening 

Did one last year here.
They have changed the style of tests this time. It used to be you collected 3 tiny samples over 3 days, then sent them off, but now it’s just one sample.
Had to post the test back via a designated post box and It only took 4 days to get the results. 🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was 25 just after getting engaged to my Pinay, I felt a bunch of tiny cysts down there while washing. Booked a scan in Calgary at the ultrasound place, all was good. I think I am prone to these things. have some all over my body, but I noticed most shrank with the weight loss, I think you call them lipomas

22+ years later, a few months back I noticed the same left side getting much, much bigger, while my right has ZERO- just scrotum & nut.  But after all my doctor/emergency visits in 2022-23, I was sick of the place & didn’t want another appointment. Finally few weeks ago my internist looked & gave me a referral for urulogy a block away. Problem is no voicemail, goddamn antiquated phone system, busy all day & open only 6 hours. Finally got through last week, she said send us an email-which I thought would be answered ASAP. I left my new cell & Mom’s home # too in my message, they finally phoned Mom today I got appt. for the 12th- I expressly left my new # in the e-mail which was 4 lines long, WTF how did they miss that? Good to have the date. but still….

So anxious to make sure don’t have the big C & maybe get some sort of removal surgery…..

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Feeling better today. Still have the cough, but I'm coughing up clear gunk rather than multi-colored, so Azithromycin is doing the job it was intended for.

Sound advice regarding use of antibiotics. I'm very cautious about taking antibiotics and rarely do as I'm aware their misuse has lead to antibiotic resistant strains.

I cringe whenever I hear talk of or read about the idiots that take antibiotics as a prophylactic against STDs, or take antibiotics for what is in all probability a viral infection. In my case the green/yellowish mucus was a strong indication I had a bacterial infection.

Then there's the problem where a person starts to feel better after a day or two and stops taking the antibiotic rather than doing the full course.

This video is one of the best I've come across that demonstrate how bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

This video is one of the best I've come across that demonstrate how bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics.

An interesting video.

But don't forget the role of the plasmids.

A plasmid is a small, extrachromosomal DNA molecule within a cell that is physically separated from chromosomal DNA and can replicate independently. They are most commonly found as small circular, double-stranded DNA molecules in bacteria.

In nature, plasmids often carry genes that benefit the survival of the organism and confer selective advantage such as antibiotic resistance. While chromosomes are large and contain all the essential genetic information for living under normal conditions, plasmids are usually very small and contain only additional genes that may be useful in certain situations or conditions.

Plasmids are considered replicons, units of DNA capable of replicating autonomously within a suitable host. Plasmids are transmitted from one bacterium to another (even of another species) mostly through conjugation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmid

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

When I was 25 just after getting engaged to my Pinay, I felt a bunch of tiny cysts down there while washing. Booked a scan in Calgary at the ultrasound place, all was good. I think I am prone to these things. have some all over my body, but I noticed most shrank with the weight loss, I think you call them lipomas

22+ years later, a few months back I noticed the same left side getting much, much bigger, while my right has ZERO- just scrotum & nut.  But after all my doctor/emergency visits in 2022-23, I was sick of the place & didn’t want another appointment. Finally few weeks ago my internist looked & gave me a referral for urulogy a block away. Problem is no voicemail, goddamn antiquated phone system, busy all day & open only 6 hours. Finally got through last week, she said send us an email-which I thought would be answered ASAP. I left my new cell & Mom’s home # too in my message, they finally phoned Mom today I got appt. for the 12th- I expressly left my new # in the e-mail which was 4 lines long, WTF how did they miss that? Good to have the date. but still….

So anxious to make sure don’t have the big C & maybe get some sort of removal surgery…..

Many years ago my sac started to swell up a bit. Of course, I went to the doctor. He said that it was caused by a fluid build up (there is a thin membrane around your nuts, sometimes fluid gets into it).  He said not to worry about unless it continues. Many years passed.

Then they started to get so big that it really began to bother me. I remember some of the girls commenting, "Wow, you have really big balls", lol. I knew then it was time.

I then went in for out-patient surgery. Talk about pain.... Jesus Christ.

Following that I sat around in my apartment with a jock strap (I still have the jock strap) full of ice packs for two weeks and a bottle of oxy on the table next to me. That was when I learned how shitty oxy is, becasue it makes you contstipated. Try squeezing out a log when your ball sack has just been cut opened....5555 

After recovering from that is when I began plans for my next trip over here. The rest is history.

**** I had a friend that weighed about 350-400. He had the same thing happen. He let his swell up to the size of a fucking cantalope. 

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1