What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

28 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i thought i was the only idiot up at this time.  about to collate the news stories and plan the day here.  must b mad 🙂

My sleep schedule has been consistently F@#ked up for the past two years. I hope to get back on a regular schedule when I get back to CM.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

My sleep schedule has been consistently F@#ked up for the past two years. I hope to get back on a regular schedule when I get back to CM.

way of life for me here.  start work at home 4.30, drive to work, continue, get home 1.30 ish, 30 more mins work then a serious grandad nap :)

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Same with me. With the lockdown, and then early closing times for bars I've been going to bed much earlier. Seen more sunrises in the last two years than the previous 65 years combined.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tommy dee said:

i thought i was the only idiot up at this time.  about to collate the news stories and plan the day here.  must b mad 🙂

Had the first real electric storm of the season this morning, kicked off around 4am, damn it was loud with very impressive lightning. Not a great deal of rain but what we had was welcome. 

Kids didn't hear a thing of course.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smiler said:

Had the first real electric storm of the season this morning, kicked off around 4am, damn it was loud with very impressive lightning. Not a great deal of rain but what we had was welcome. 

Kids didn't hear a thing of course.... 

Missus said they had the same storm.

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Just finished putting together a portable VHF marine radio. The bottom half contains the batteries and the top section is the radio. Pleased with the result and we now have a radio to take with us when we go out in the small boats.

E832004F-C01E-4ED8-ADFA-614C1CF117A6.jpeg

Flip open its lid and let's see what's under the bonnet mate!

I was taught valve theory before them new transistor thingys came along!

In the 70s we were still using WW2 Larkspur stuff and when Clansman came in I was on CMN 0001 course!!!!

44 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Flip open its lid and let's see what's under the bonnet mate!

I was taught valve theory before them new transistor thingys came along!

In the 70s we were still using WW2 Larkspur stuff and when Clansman came in I was on CMN 0001 course!!!!

The top section just has a Uniden UM355 radio installed and the bottom section has the batteries. It uses an external battery charger.

E0D4CEDB-1EFA-4DEE-A06B-7BD1AA4F4F86.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

just took the 7 yrs old niece to the sheep park early.  got there, screamed her lungs out in temper,  right paddy.  put her aunt on the phone to talk.  and watched.  wow what a spoilt little brat.  but only with us for 10 days so not worth the hassle of teaching her.

straight home.. to the fkin ipad.  then going out with her aunt so comes to give me a hug and kiss to say goodbye.  #notafuckinchance.  so waved and said nicely in thai.. have fun.  god this one has been babied since birth and is 7 now.

expected her aunt my mrs. to be pissed off with me, but she has actually seen the darker side of the monster.  she could be a lovely girl really but is certainly used to being the boss.

my kids would p themselves laughing, as they know me well

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just been pissing down with rain plus with a power cut. So I sprayed mossie spray everywhere (mainly for the cockroaches), went outside to enjoy the rain and make sure the street drains are clear.

I want the power back on just so that I can put the fan on.... Although with Leeds v Man City later I am unsure if I want True-online back on or not !!!!

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just been pissing down with rain plus with a power cut. So I sprayed mossie spray everywhere (mainly for the cockroaches), went outside to enjoy the rain and make sure the street drains are clear.

I want the power back on just so that I can put the fan on.... Although with Leeds v Man City later I am unsure if I want True-online back on or not !!!!

That was an intense, but short lived storm. I had been working on stringing stainless steel cables to extend the sun shade canopy over the car entrance area when the thunderstorm moved into the area. Thought it might not be the smartest thing to be doing in an electrical storm, but continued on thinking lightening would strike other, better targets of opportunity than little old me. Only stopped when the heavens opened up.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That was an intense, but short lived storm. I had been working on stringing stainless steel cables to extend the sun shade canopy over the car entrance area when the thunderstorm moved into the area. Thought it might not be the smartest thing to be doing in an electrical storm, but continued on thinking lightening would strike other, better targets of opportunity than little old me. Only stopped when the heavens opened up.

Did you have a power cut??? Ours went down for about an hour.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:39 AM, forcebwithu said:

Up early enough, and the sky clean enough that I finally was able to see the almost straight line alignment of four planets. Jupiter and Venus easy to see, Mars and Saturn less so. Thinking when I tire of the bright lights of Pattaya and move to the boonies of Kamphaeng Phet with my lady I'll invest in a nice telescope and spend my remaining years exploring the cosmos from my rocking chair.

Remember the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter tomorrow morning.

Hope you get clear skies and maybe a power failure at the appropriate time.

• Thumbs Up 1