What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Good set, alright, some voice!

Guns N Roses are murder, had to turn it over and watched Leftfield 'Release the Pressure', much better.

I was impressed, didn't watch any one else, last night AM s were pittyfull.

40 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Good set, alright, some voice!

Guns N Roses are murder, had to turn it over and watched Leftfield 'Release the Pressure', much better.

That said, just watched them do 'Sweet Child of Mine', Slash was superb.

• Like 1

31 deg here so maybe a roast chicken dinner was not so much of a good idea,our oven certainly thought so as it keeps blowing the CB with a big bang.

So now the missus is finishing it off in the microwave & frying pan,I'm sure it'll be lovely.

Try & get someone to look at it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Been a lazy day catching up with a couple of friends via WA chat on the internet and sorting a few things for a future fishing trip.

I have got all of my house windows open as it's 30 plus degrees outside and a nice breeze is blowing through.

It's around 1500 now, so it's time to take a shower and go for as long a walk that I can manage in the heat.

There is a pub at the end of the rainbow and it's still the weekend!

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a month till I go to Greece so was just checking the flight departure times for the last 4 days out of Gatwick and it doesn't make good viewing. The snip below shows that I am beginning to worry what time I will turn up at my resort. 

I don't like Gatwick but that was the schedule, last time I was in Greece two years ago was out of Heathrow and we left on time and arrived early. Of course it may be different on the day but not happy at what I am seeing. Our departure should be 1240 and expected in at 1850, would love to be in my resort (1 hour south of airport) by 2030, let's hope so!

Date                From             To         Aircraft                                  STD       ATD    STA             ATA

Gatwick.png

Edited by Horizondave

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Managed to walk 3 miles before the thought of an ice cold cider won the day.

Now on my first Guinness after cooling down.

20230625_173435.jpg

I'm just happy to see you're not wearing Birkenstocks, some of us have standards to uphold 

:default_527:

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

ELTON 

still has it.

Easily the best of the headliners.

You forget how many classics he has.

Lizzo's show was superb, but can't compare the 2.

And whisper it, i even likes Rick Astley and Blossom doing The Smiths covers ...:default_biggrin:

• Like 2

Just relaxing before I go back to work in three more hours - one more 12hr shift tonight and then I am free for five days. I'm just realizing now how much of my time this night time security job eats up - while we are enjoying fine summer weather, I seem to be spending most of my time working, sleeping and resting up for the next shift and I realize I'm missing a lot of what I used to enjoy doing during our short summers. On the other hand, I do get to work on my own  and it has been quite lovely out in the early morning hours, with less wind and so much daylight and so peaceful and quiet compared to our hectic daytime hours. Last night was one of the quietest nights I've spent yet on the job, Saturday night and not one alarm or other call for assistance during the whole shift - such a contrast to the last night of my previous shift on June 19 when an alarm system malfunction had the local fire department  running around to twelve different schools over a period of two or three hours and me trying to keep up with it all...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm just back from a 2 hour walk. I didn't intend to walk that long but my Mont Clair shop wasn't open at 8am so, not wanting to walk home empty handed, I extended my walk to my sato shop! On my way back along Buakhao the only thing of significance was the Family Mart at Hellfire junction is now a TOPS. By the time I got back to the Mont Clair shop it was open so all in all the final 30 minutes was carrying about 10kg in my back pack. Sato/spuds/wine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Looking at my credit card account. It’s amazing how much you spend with Apple Pay without realizing it.

That's one of the draw backs of using cashless. At least with cash after a heavy night out you could wake up to an empty wallet and realise how much you spent. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

That's one of the draw backs of using cashless. At least with cash after a heavy night out you could wake up to an empty wallet and realise how much you spent. 

Twas a long time ago that I went on the lash with cash but I remember not only an empty wallet but a pocket full of shrapnel.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, karon steve said:

Twas a long time ago that I went on the lash with cash but I remember not only an empty wallet but a pocket full of shrapnel.

Yup, an advantage of cashless me thinks, although I throw the coins in a tub and pay for any take aways out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1