What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 8/24/2023 at 4:26 PM, KhunDon said:

Right now I’m sitting down with a well earned coffee, after waltzing the Dyson around the whole house in preparation for the wife and son coming home from Thailand in a couple of days. She’ll spot the hoover lines in the carpets for sure, so brownie points for me. 👍 All bedding duvets and pillowcases were washed yesterday and smell like a spring morning, more brownie points for me. 🤣

Lol....  My last Dyson broke within a year.. Never again.

Now I stick with the Thai broom and dust bin. 

Just did laundry.

Now.... trying to figure out how to  clean the baby oil stain (a lovely lass spilled a half bottle of it a couple weeks ago) and some skid marks off of my couch.

I called an upholstery cleaning company. They quoated me 1,880 baht to clean the couch. I told them to fcuk off.

Now I am in a quandary. What to do ? Oh dear....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just did laundry.

Now.... trying to figure out how to  clean the baby oil stain (a lovely lass spilled a half bottle of it a couple weeks ago) and some skid marks off of my couch.

I called an upholstery cleaning company. They quoated me 1,880 baht to clean the couch. I told them to fcuk off.

Get another wench around to get a second opinion / price 😎

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm watching the footie on the telly at home....

... Earlier today I ate beef rendang and put the leftovers in the fridge...

It is HT now so I just polished it off. The coconut had soaked into the sauce and it tasted bloody lovely!!!

Probably my favourite meal of all time.

My maid used to make it for me in Brunei when I worked there. My maid was a Murut tribal girl and she cooked great meals for when I came home. Years later I got the recipe again from 'Madhur Jaffrey's Far Eastern Cookery book'.

Madhur Jaffrey.png

My maid was from the last tribe in Borneo that renounced head hunting, just an interesting fact that luckily I only found out about after I left Brunei. 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Probably my favourite meal of all time.

My maid used to make it for me in Brunei when I worked there. My maid was a Murut tribal girl and she cooked great meals for when I came home. Years later I got the recipe again from 'Madhur Jaffrey's Far Eastern Cookery book'.

Madhur Jaffrey.png

My maid was from the last tribe in Borneo that renounced head hunting, just an interesting fact that luckily I only found out about after I left Brunei. 

Mine has a more boring background story ...

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/gourmet-deli/gourmet-deli-beef-rendang/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Mine has a more boring background story ...

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/gourmet-deli/gourmet-deli-beef-rendang/

Ah OK, Beef Rendang cooked from scratch takes time, there is a lot of preparation and a proper Rendang takes about 3-4 hours of cooking; a quicker version is Kaliyo which still has some sauce which some here may prefer than the completely infused Rendang version. Both versions are similar in how they are cooked, just one requires less time to cook.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just did laundry.

• Thumbs Up 2

Was a bit surprised to wake up today and it was afternoon.

Slept for 12 hours, not solid, but only got up twice for a pee. I guess sleeping on the bank is not giving my body all of the rest it needs.

Seems like the day is going to pass quickly as I am spending the rest of the afternoon catching up on the net and a few recordings.

It's raining outside just for a change so no enthusiasm to go early for my walk. I do need to get out because I have spent 2 days sat on my ass fishing, plus it's the weekend so I can sample any delights my local may have on for the weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just did laundry.

We’ve had both a large roller ball model and a small rechargeable model for almost 8 years now and no problems with either. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Trying to explain the difference between turnover and profit to my teerak. 

It's going to be a long night especially after I'd finished a ton of ironing.... Which I detest doing. 

I would have taught her how to iron first mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2