What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahahaha no mate .. I served in them for sure but not that unit and not then ...

And it also isn't the name of a town here !!

@Krapow would have called it "the watchers" in his younger days ...

You pissed and shit in many a bag 😂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've spent the late evening "mellowing" outside enjoying my life. I'd like to see my final years out here, hopefully another 20 years or more!

But then the irony slowly dawned on me, so I've put it in a riddle that @Butch will understand in seconds..Perhaps about 5 others will too..

I now live in Ubon

The Province 

Not the town

The name is the same

As the place I left

Serving for the Crown

A riddle was post

Butch, is the man, in the know

Silence.... time passes

I did spend a bit of time on this in the morning and we almost missed math tuition. The Bournmouth suggestion was potentially good except we haven't heard yet either the military or Issan connection.

2 minutes ago, Zambo said:

A riddle was post

Butch, is the man, in the know

Silence.... time passes

I did spend a bit of time on this in the morning and we almost missed math tuition. The Bournmouth suggestion was potentially good except we haven't heard yet either the military or Issan connection.

Yup.. and not many would know the name of the unit to be fair. Probably only Butch.

So the first verse makes it clear that I am in the Province of Ubon Ratchatani but not the town.

As for the military unit, @boydeste ate there today .......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup.. and not many would know the name of the unit to be fair. Probably only Butch.

So the first verse makes it clear that I am in the Province of Ubon Ratchatani but not the town.

MacDonalds?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Det Udom, hit lucky Boydy wasn't in the Sportsman(yet)

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Det Udom, hit lucky Boydy wasn't in the Sportsman(yet)

Good job.

14th Intelligence Detachment, simply known as The Det, was formed during The Troubles, a period of violence in Northern Ireland when bombings, riots, and revenge killings were prominent. The violence resulted in 3,600 deaths and around 30,000 injuries; the period lived up to its name.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Some great posts I am now catching up on.

lol    I will take ants any day over flies !

Yes me too. There are some biting red ants that are hard to shake off, but flies!!@

6 hours ago, Zambo said:

Good job.

14th Intelligence Detachment, simply known as The Det, was formed during The Troubles, a period of violence in Northern Ireland when bombings, riots, and revenge killings were prominent. The violence resulted in 3,600 deaths and around 30,000 injuries; the period lived up to its name.

And what fun times they were !!

9 hours ago, Zambo said:

Good job.

You're about 40 km west of where I lived when I first moved to Thailand. I lived about seven months in Buntharik. I really enjoyed living there, but left to escape my then GF's greedy, thankless family.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You're about 40 km west of where I lived when I first moved to Thailand. I lived about seven months in Buntharik. I really enjoyed living there, but left to escape my then GF's greedy, thankless family.

Nearer to 20Km village to village mate...

And yes I know the feeling because that is what happened to me in Kamphaengpet..

I am extremely lucky to have bumped into M'Lady this time around!!

EDIT = I'm wrong! Just checked the map .. more like 60km village to village ...

Was Tesco Lotus in town when you were there ..??. When I moved to Surin Kap Choeng in '98 there was f**k-all!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Nearer to 20Km village to village mate...

And yes I know the feeling because that is what happened to me in Kamphaengpet..

I am extremely lucky to have bumped into M'Lady this time around!!

EDIT = I'm wrong! Just checked the map .. more like 60km village to village ...

Was Tesco Lotus in town when you were there ..??. When I moved to Surin Kap Choeng in '98 there was f**k-all!!

No Tesco Lotus back then, but I was there when the 7-11 opened.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yesterday I noticed that one of the young kids was covered in a rash and had small lumps everywhere. I asked the missus about it and she didn’t know but asked the mother and she said it had been like this for a few days. I said what are they doing about it and the reply was nothing as it is too expensive to see a doctor.

I said tell them that we will take the kid to the doctors the next morning. Overnight another child had got the same thing. So for the last hour I have been sitting outside the doctors while the kids get checked out. Hopefully all is good and they come out soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Yesterday I noticed that one of the young kids was covered in a rash and had small lumps everywhere. I asked the missus about it and she didn’t know but asked the mother and she said it had been like this for a few days. I said what are they doing about it and the reply was nothing as it is too expensive to see a doctor.

I said tell them that we will take the kid to the doctors the next morning. Overnight another child had got the same thing. So for the last hour I have been sitting outside the doctors while the kids get checked out. Hopefully all is good and they come out soon.

Interesting, my mate here in Bkk has just developed a spotty rash around the stomach and the doctor said he probably been bitten by something!

Maybe Something more sinister going around.

Do they get chicken pox here in Thailand like we do in the UK?

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

According to the missus the doctor said they have picked up some sort of infection. 2000 baht and 1 large bag of pills and potions each hopefully they will now be on the mend.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6