What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Spent 3 hours today leading around trying to find some features to fish to. Got a gravel bar close in to my right for one rod.

Found another small strip of gravel straight out at 96 yards. So I put one rod on the gravel and the other one over the back in soft silt at 100 yards.

Near rod is catapult range so that is quick and easy to bait up, but constantly casting out 100 yards with my spomb rod weighing 6 onces a chuck is very tiring. 

All sorted now, just eaten dinner and settled down for evening playing on the net with a cup of tea.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 10/14/2023 at 1:45 PM, Zambo said:

My condo is 7 years old, all the light fittings are LED. I never had to change a lamp until a couple of weeks ago, now just changed the second one. Better get a few in stock.

That didn't turn out well. One of my replaced LED is on a circuit of 4 ceiling lamps. The failed one (flashing and slow to switch on and off) is back to flashing 2 weeks after replacement. The switch is one of these modern ones that if you press once 2 lamps turn on, press twice and the first 2 are off and the 2nd 2 are on. Press 3 times and all 4 lamps are on.

I feel if the lamp wasn't the problem it should be the switch

But somehow that doesn't fit with just one lamp failing.

Bought another pair of adidas trainers on the way to the hospice. Think I’m up to about 16 pairs now.😀

Jan’s illness has really made me reavaluate my life. f**k worrying about a future you may not have, especially given our family history of dying young.

Just live for today and enjoy life while you can, as you never know what lies ahead.

Will look for a job in the new year as I like a structured life and sense of purpose, even though I don’t need to work with my financial situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

13 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've been outside playing with the over 5s....

Unfortunately they were playing hoop-la. This led to two problems . 1. My hips are f***d. 2. The hoop that they were using was too small for my big belly ... But we all had a good laugh anyway.!!!!!

The kids posted a picture of you on FB...

image.jpeg

• Haha 6

Muttering to myself. 

Just moved into my condo, to find it has a 5 foot double bed, not the 6 foot I have had in previous places. I have no problems with a 5 foot double, except

1. I need to buy new bedding as I prefer my own to condo,owned stuff

2. All those planned 4sums might be a bit tight for space....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 5

Just investigated the fridge.... the previous tenant left me a present in the fresh bread compartment.... a sachet of kamagra gel!

If the aircon has been serviced as requested, they didn't do a good job of cleaning the filters.... in fact, they didn't do a job at all, they were filthy....

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

I was up a 4am in the rain to do battle with a 40lb grass carp. Didn't really get back to sleep after, so feeling quite jaded and it's still pissing it down with rain. 

The temperature hasn't risen much above 6 degrees so far and it's nearly midday ffs.

Need to get my act together to cook up some bacon butties and feed my body.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

We've just been visited by Immigration!

An unmarked, black, old Mitsu pick-up with no plates. Three Officers.

I was next door, standing drinking a shot of Sangsom, whilst everybody else were working. If I had been sitting down with them perhaps I'd be in the shit for working too, no idea! They asked for everybody's Thai ID then asked for my passport. I went to get it but they said "no problem". They took photos of each family member showing ID then left..

Nobody knows why it happened...!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 2

46 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

We've just been visited by Immigration!

An unmarked, black, old Mitsu pick-up with no plates. Three Officers.

I was next door, standing drinking a shot of Sangsom, whilst everybody else were working. If I had been sitting down with them perhaps I'd be in the shit for working too, no idea! They asked for everybody's Thai ID then asked for my passport. I went to get it but they said "no problem". They took photos of each family member showing ID then left..

Nobody knows why it happened...!!

Probably looking for illegal foreign workers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Probably looking for illegal foreign workers.

Yep! I went back next door for another shot of Sangsom, and that seems to be their opinion too.

Y'see, I have mentioned before how hard they work (in terms of time spent) and they can be out selling for 24+ hours on Buddha Days, so maybe somebody complained that they were using foreign workers..

I was a bit of a "silly billy" because I left the same time as the IO and they asked me if I liked somtam. I said that I did and asked them for 50 Baht to buy some for me .... I am too cheeky for my own good sometimes ...but they took it in good spirit. All in All a very professional team!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Painter said:

Muttering to myself. 

Just moved into my condo, to find it has a 5 foot double bed, not the 6 foot I have had in previous places. I have no problems with a 5 foot double, except

1. I need to buy new bedding as I prefer my own to condo,owned stuff

2. All those planned 4sums might be a bit tight for space....

I have bought my own mattresses before when staying in some small condos in the past. When in a small condo you spend much of your time propped up on the bed and with a soft mattress it can really do a number on your back. Besides it's nice to have a fresh (not cum stained) mattress.

I still have the last one I purchased, 4000 baht. I moved it from the last condo I lived in and now have it in my house.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1