Squirrels

Glasseye

Seems like I rarely see them around here in Chiang Mai area. I have seen some small odd looking little ones in the moat area in the past, but that has been pretty much it.

Back in the States they seemed to be everywhere.

Just curious anyone notices them or not over here.

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Seems like I rarely see them around here in Chiang Mai area. I have seen some small odd looking little ones in the moat area in the past, but that has been pretty much it.

Back in the States they seemed to be everywhere.

Just curious anyone notices them or not over here.

There are loads in Pattaya and are often responsible for blowing up the transformers.

Here on the edge of the boreal forest we have lots of red squirrels; they are in my yard often but I leave them alone - my dumbass neighbour, on the other hand, shoots them with his pellet gun all of the time without apparently realizing that the little creatures are territorial and if one leaves, another simply moves in. The only thing I don't like about them is that they prey on the robin's nests, eating eggs and young when they get the chance which is often because robins tend to build their nests in really dumb places. Of course, you don't want them getting into your homes, either but it's not hard to keep them out - they need much bigger entrance holes than mice. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1