Now pay attention...

fygjam

Another one I just saw, think it happened recently too, the cop who pulled over a car on a fairly dead 4 lane highway……BMW from other side drifts through the grass median, and into the car AND the cop AND guardrail. Lucky all the cop had was a limp IIRC

Not to rant, but I think first world democracies need to adopt actual prison time for bad, aggressive, selfish driving like above. One thing I can’t believe is when you see someone attempt to pass a slower driver, often a pickup truck, and they weave in & out to block the passing car at every attempt. That kind of behaviour I cannot stand, there is no excuse to let it get to that point. Unfortunately this won’t happen, even when a victim has dashcam footage, unless it escalated to assault or murder. And even so, the right lawyer for $10-20k can get the offender off as good as a a bargirl…..shame

Edited by Golfingboy

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Another one I just saw, think it happened recently too, the cop who pulled over a car on a fairly dead 4 lane highway……BMW from other side drifts through the grass median, and into the car AND the cop AND guardrail. Lucky all the cop had was a limp IIRC

Not to rant, but I think first world democracies need to adopt actual prison time for bad, aggressive, selfish driving like above. One thing I can’t believe is when you see someone attempt to pass a slower driver, often a pickup truck, and they weave in & out to block the passing car at every attempt. That kind of behaviour I cannot stand, there is no excuse to let it get to that point. Unfortunately this won’t happen, even when a victim has dashcam footage, unless it escalated to assault or murder. And even so, the right lawyer for $10-20k can get the offender off as good as a a bargirl…..shame

I work in traffic management. trying to get drivers to do thing they don't think they should to keep workers safe. This does not surprise me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know why he thought he could out run a speeding car coming straight at him. If that had been me, the first thought I'd have is oh shit I'm going to be pinned between the car and guardrail at which point I'd dive over the guardrail for the protection it would afford.

image.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Don't know why he thought he could out run a speeding car coming straight at him. If that had been me, the first thought I'd have is oh shit I'm going to be pinned between the car and guardrail at which point I'd dive over the guardrail for the protection it would afford.

image.png

I remember a question on a test when I upgraded my license…..if you ever stall your car on train tracks, and a train comes, get to the side & run towards the train, to avoid the debris. Not a situation we’d likely face in our lifetimes, but good to know I guess

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

Slow reaction times in the digital age.

This guy appears to be checking his Facebook likes as car hurtles overhead.

image.png

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Slow reaction times in the digital age.

This guy appears to be checking his Facebook likes as car hurtles overhead.

image.png

Noticed that too. Some of the spectators seemed very slow to react, including a couple of guys standing along the road as you see the cop running towards where the car landed. That got me wondering if the crash was staged, but then quickly found other news reports that the crash really was a case of driving while stupid.

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Noticed that too. Some of the spectators seemed very slow to react, including a couple of guys standing along the road as you see the cop running towards where the car landed. That got me wondering if the crash was staged, but then quickly found other news reports that the crash really was a case of driving while stupid.

It happened so fast and unexpected that I imagine those spectators were in shock waiting for their minds to catch up with their eyes.

Alternatively, maybe they were all thinking "Stupid C*nt!"