Cough Season

Glasseye

We've had a huge amount of Covid over Xmas , myself and lots of people I know have had it ... 

Suprised Thailand hasn't had similar, especially with peak tourist season ... .. or are people not testing and just not saying the dreaded C word 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spreading like wildfire in the UK. 3 ppl I know have tested + for the China virus already this month.

NHS currently overwhelmed, many NHS trusts are on Black alerts with Zero capacity.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1

Over new year’s in the village seemed like everyone had cold/flu of some sort or other. Not seen Mrs smiler so ill for a long time, certainly worse then when we all had covid.

TBH I’m still not over it.

• Sad 1

Had a flu shot last week. Late, but better late than never. Just now starting to feel back to "normal". 

In another month or so, heading back for another covid update.

I really don't like the idea of being on my back for a week or more sweating, aching and miserable. 

---------------

That is why I have pretty much indoctrinated general covid habits (most of them were instilled long before covid). Avoidance of large crowds in closed in areas primarily, wearing of mask when can't be avioded (such as tranportation), updates on covid/flu shots. 

Generally has worked pretty much for me. And I don't miss the crowded venues whatsoever anymore.

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

We've had a huge amount of Covid over Xmas , myself and lots of people I know have had it ... 

Suprised Thailand hasn't had similar, especially with peak tourist season ... .. or are people not testing and just not saying the dreaded C word 

It's here. I hear through the jungle grapevine quite a few have Covid, it just doesn't make the headlines like it once did. Which is good thing, IMHO. 

Doing a news search I did find this article from yesterday.

COVID-19 hospital admissions increase 12.9% during the past week

COVID-19 infections in Thailand are on the rise, with 718 patients being admitted to hospitals between January 14th and20th. Of these, 11 have died, compared to four a week earlier, according to the Department of Disease Control.

An average of 102 admissions were reported each day during the past week, an increase of 12.9%. Of the 718 admissions, 209 were suffering from serious lung infections and 149 required ventilators.

• Great Info 1

11 hours ago, Smiler said:

Over new year’s in the village seemed like everyone had cold/flu of some sort or other. Not seen Mrs smiler so ill for a long time, certainly worse then when we all had covid.

TBH I’m still not over it.

Air pollution! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Air pollution! 

Hard to tell, but probably not always the case. Tis the cold/flu season, plus there's increase in people catching the latest variant of Covid.

I'm still out walking and biking and the air quality hasn't really affected me. But then my respiratory system is in great shape after years of sports.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My daughter in Bangkok was diagnosed with Covid on Saturday ..

Sorry to hear that.

That crap is still floating around out there and mutating. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. And give myself a good kick once in a while to remind myself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Sorry to hear that.

That crap is still floating around out there and mutating. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. And give myself a good kick once in a while to remind myself.

Reports are that while the virus is very infectious, it has mutated into a variant that has relatively mild symptoms.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Reports are that while the virus is very infectious, it has mutated into a variant that has relatively mild symptoms.

Good.

I guess similar to having a slight shart as opposed to a gut wrenching three day case of "the shits".

😗

• 2 weeks later...

In Patts right now , hearing people coughing everywhere ... there was a table of three in the restaurant tonight , all of them coughing constantly ... a girl I know had the same 10 days ago , she thought Covid and she went to the clinic ... 1500 Baht for a cocktail of pills in little baggies and an injection in the bum , but they didn't bother doing any test  555

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

In Patts right now , hearing people coughing everywhere ... there was a table of three in the restaurant tonight , all of them coughing constantly ... 

Same as when I was there in December/early January. And I was coughing along with them.

I still reckon the (main) cause is the air pollution.

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

f**k me, on the tube and near me is a girl constantly coughing. 

I think we're more sensitive to it now after covid. People always coughed in an antisocial way, but we didn't really think how far those droplets could fly or how easily transfer could be made from hands to surfaces to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I think we're more sensitive to it now after covid. People always coughed in an antisocial way, but we didn't really think how far those droplets could fly or how easily transfer could be made from hands to surfaces to us. 

Also made us more aware of how easily viruses can be picked up within the close confines of the bars and nightclubs we like to frequent.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Also made us more aware of how easily viruses can be picked up within the close confines of the bars and nightclubs we like to frequent.

I remember us sitting in that bar in BKK, Soi 4. You were telling me you were feeling like shit. Bar was jammed.

We were talking about how it seemed like a lot of people were coughing.

I was there for 3 nights then went back to Patts. The next day I started getting sick. Ended up with pneumonia, sick as f**k for two weeks.

Two months later is when all the reports about covid came out.

****  that was meant for @boydeste

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1