The cost of being an 80's thug today.

Butch

well I thought I'd price up how much it would be for my standardised 80's "get up" in modern society, That is of course not including a Uniform supplied by her Majesty.

Alpha Industries MA-1 Heritage Flight Jacket £144.16

Doctor Martens Airwair Boots, 8 hole Colour Oxblood (don't seem to do 10 or14 hole anymore - shame) £170+

Ben Sherman Vest £14.95

So ,apart from a £3 number one haircut  it's nearly the thick end of £340 to dress like a societal reject.

I'm actually contemplating buying an Alpha Industries flight jacket...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, roomark said:

It's around £90 for a decent Fred Perry Polo too sling the Ben Sherman 🤣

Glad I wasn't a "casual" I'd hate to think of the prices of Sergio Tacchini Tracksuits, Kappa Sports stuff and lacoste T shirts etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Butch said:

Glad I wasn't a "casual" I'd hate to think of the prices of Sergio Tacchini Tracksuits, Kappa Sports stuff and lacoste T shirts etc.

Not too bad TBH you can get Sergio and Fila trakky tops for around £45ish in the sale . Kappa I haven't ever bothered with since the 80s though.

Stuarts Of London do some decent old stuff.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

No Stone Island ?  🤣

Nowadays I'd rather shit on an Isaan toilet in 45 degree heat with red ants biting my ankles 😂🤣

All the young chavs and roadmen have ruined it 

Roadmen 😂🤣😂🫣

• Haha 4

My 80’s football gear was adidas trainers, Levi jeans, Sergio Tacchini polo and Stone Island jacket.

That was over £400 back then.

Also had a Soviet jacket that was just under £300. Spent a lot of money on clothes back then, and still do. Now it’s pretty much all from Castore website.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Butch said:

That is of course not including a Uniform supplied by her Majesty.

Dang.  The US Marines make you buy your own uniforms.  The first set is taken out of your paycheck before you get it after completing boot camp.

I assume other US services do the same.

• Surprised 1

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

My 80’s football gear was adidas trainers, Levi jeans, Sergio Tacchini polo and Stone Island jacket.

That was over £400 back then.

Also had a Soviet jacket that was just under £300. Spent a lot of money on clothes back then, and still do. Now it’s pretty much all from Castore website.

Mate I've got more clothes than i've ever had in my life and a house full of trainers I'll prob never wear ,I go out in Manchester literally once a month 😂🤣

Crazy .

I said I was going to reign it in after Xmas , but here I am 5 pairs of trainers in and it's the 3rd week in Jan ffs 😂🤣

could be worse at least it's not drink/drugs or gambling .Thankfully 

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, roomark said:

Mate I've got more clothes than i've ever had in my life and a house full of trainers I'll prob never wear ,I go out in Manchester literally once a month 😂🤣

Crazy .

I said I was going to reign it in after Xmas , but here I am 5 pairs of trainers in and it's the 3rd week in Jan ffs 😂🤣

could be worse at least it's not drink/drugs or gambling .Thankfully 

I’m up to 15 pairs of trainers now 13 adidas, one Timberland and one Castore. Plus loads of shirts and fleeces and jackets, and jogging bottoms.

Was diagnosed bipolar a while back and impulsive spending and obsessive fixation are classic signs of being in a manic episode.

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

• Like 3

Since Xmas 🫣

Fave there are probably Kick (End Box) just for the memories and you just cannot get them sold out straight away (obviously all the old sad fuckers lol) 

I'm thinking of sending the Londons back (blue suede / black) just rolled up yesterday can't make my mind up.

Screenshot_20240123_114348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_114051_Gallery.jpg

20240123_115050.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_114227_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_115401_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Great to see so many posters being open about sharing their inner Jimmy Somerville.

The forum has become much more open and inclusive for the said posters above. I mind the shameful abuse @galenkia had to take on here when this forum first started about his gay Bros earring. It's wasn't big and and it wasn't clever, the homophobic abuse given out, you know who you are!

Anyone wants to tag any board members in this Pride event, feel free.

pride-festival-manchester-1990s-uk-gay-skinheads-.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, roomark said:

Since Xmas 🫣

Fave there are probably Kick (End Box) just for the memories and you just cannot get them sold out straight away (obviously all the old sad fuckers lol) 

I'm thinking of sending the Londons back (blue suede / black) just rolled up yesterday can't make my mind up.

Screenshot_20240123_114348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_114051_Gallery.jpg

20240123_115050.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_114227_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_115401_Gallery.jpg

This is my collection. Can’t go wrong with adidas, been wearing them over 40 years.

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This is my collection. Can’t go wrong with adidas, been wearing them over 40 years.

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

Ffs we've hijacked Butch's thread. 🤣

My eldest son has the same size feet as me (10) I've offered him unused pairs still tagged up , but he doesn't want to know 🤣 He's more into Nike  or modern adidas trainers .

Saying that I never had the same taste as my old fella and would have laughed at his clobber too. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, roomark said:

Ffs we've hijacked Butch's thread. 🤣

My eldest son has the same size feet as me (10) I've offered him unused pairs still tagged up , but he doesn't want to know 🤣 He's more into Nike  or modern adidas trainers .

Saying that I never had the same taste as my old fella and would have laughed at his clobber too. 

Can’t beat the 80’s, so many individual fashion styles, now everyone seems to dress the same way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Jan 2007 to Sept 2009 I worked in Malmo,Sweden & travelled there & back via Copenhagen airport.Usually out on a Sunday evening & back on a Saturday night.

When Man U were playing down south there was always a contingent of Danish & Swedish supporters on the flights & a few of them were dressed like bovver boys in the 1970's,short turned up Levi's & Doc Martens etc.

Always made me wonder if they didn't feel a little out of place as nobody in the UK dressed like that any more.

• Surprised 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

f**k me, I feel like a 2nd class citizen.

My size 11 relax fit Sketchers are falling to bits.

Trying to last out until I return home in a few weeks time!

20240123_202508.jpg

What size are you I'll send some over Keeniow

Edit: DOH you said an 11  🤣🤣

Edited by roomark
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Can’t beat the 80’s, so many individual fashion styles, now everyone seems to dress the same way.

Think about all the different groups of fashions from late 70s till late 80s.

Punks, Mods, Skins, Ska, New Romantics , Goths , Rock,Soul Boys Dressers/Casual/ Trendies,/PerryBoys , Ravers all dressing in theor own unique styles and all into different brilliant gendres of music.

Now you have..

Roadmen 🤣🤣🤣🫣

I feel sorry for the kids now they haven't got any identities and no fashions , just Instagram and pretending to enjoy life (through a lens)

I'd wanna be 18 again , but in the 50s/60/70/80/90s no way in 2024.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, roomark said:

Think about all the different groups of fashions from late 70s till late 80s.

Punks, Mods, Skins, Ska, New Romantics , Goths , Rock,Soul Boys Dressers/Casual/ Trendies,/PerryBoys , Ravers all dressing in theor own unique styles and all into different brilliant gendres of music.

Now you have..

Roadmen 🤣🤣🤣🫣

I feel sorry for the kids now they haven't got any identities and no fashions , just Instagram and pretending to enjoy life (through a lens)

I'd wanna be 18 again , but in the 50s/60/70/80/90s no way in 2024.

Totally agree mate, it’s like people have lost their individuality these days unlike the 70’s to 90’s.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

From Jan 2007 to Sept 2009 I worked in Malmo,Sweden & travelled there & back via Copenhagen airport.Usually out on a Sunday evening & back on a Saturday night.

When Man U were playing down south there was always a contingent of Danish & Swedish supporters on the flights & a few of them were dressed like bovver boys in the 1970's,short turned up Levi's & Doc Martens etc.

Always made me wonder if they didn't feel a little out of place as nobody in the UK dressed like that any more.

https://www.facebook.com/bluebeatandska/videos/780511367204112/

• Haha 3