Travelling Blues

Glasseye

19 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I enjoy travelling but I now enjoy being in places for longer  , on this trip I did ten days in Patts and now currently two weeks in Samui  ... that said I do find I'm getting more easily pissed off ...

inconsiderate / rude people top the list , whether it's people reserving sun beds by leaving objects on them and then fcuking off for hours , people not acknowledging you when you step aside to let them through on a small pavement or you keep open a door for them .. and my top hate cnuts watching videos on their phones and not using ear buds , in restaurants/ by the pool / airport waiting lounges 

Maybe I should have posted in the rant threads ...555

No, it's appropriate here mate. 

Screaming kids and rude fcuks.

Had one push past me on the disbarkment of a flight today. I called him out on it. If I had caught up with him I would have given him a major ration.

Pissed me off major. 

Punk bitch is what he is.

Sorry, has to be said.

Aching back on shitty beds. Fcuk me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nickrock said:

Yes definitely now days I enjoy the destination not the journey 

Probably because when I was a lot younger most of the time I was going from somewhere not too nice to somewhere akin to heaven I'm much the same.Also when I was younger I could get royally f***d up on a flight & didn't take long to recover,not so now.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I enjoy travelling but I now enjoy being in places for longer  , on this trip I did ten days in Patts and now currently two weeks in Samui  ... that said I do find I'm getting more easily pissed off ...

inconsiderate / rude people top the list , whether it's people reserving sun beds by leaving objects on them and then fcuking off for hours , people not acknowledging you when you step aside to let them through on a small pavement or you keep open a door for them .. and my top hate cnuts watching videos on their phones and not using ear buds , in restaurants/ by the pool / airport waiting lounges 

Maybe I should have posted in the rant threads ...555

True, one of my pet peeves, people hijacking threads going on rants ... wait a minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I guess part of it is I've found a home I am really comfortable in. Difficult to match it when away. Often not worth the trouble, money or hassles. Also the incereased possibility of picking up some illness from some slimy fungas type cnut.

I really don't enjoy the travel part much anymore, either - I never was a very patient sort and I seem to be getting worse as I get older. I was raised in a place and society where long line-ups for services (excuse me, "queues" for you Brits) were fairly uncommon and I still hate the thought of standing in line for anything for seemingly hours. There's all the hassle of packing, checking in, although I know they are attempting to streamline that, and of course the BS of security on top of it - once I am on the plane and settled in I am fine, it's just all the hassle of getting on and off it that annoys me. I guess that's why I tend to stay in Pattaya for a few weeks at a time, I have all I need here and don't feel the need to constantly be moving on. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Uh Oh, I hate to ruin the party here but....I still do not mind travelling. For me, since being retired, If things take a bit longer to deal with etc, since I now have the time and do not have to be anywhere,

Set of miserable B******ds on here, don't let them get you down😀

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I guess part of it is I've found a home I am really comfortable in. Difficult to match it when away. Often not worth the trouble, money or hassles. Also the incereased possibility of picking up some illness from some slimy fungas type cnut.

I am happy where I live as well , I don't envisage myself permanently moving away ... but the reason I retired early was to travel ... I need to find a way to get less stressed with the small things .. noise cancelling earbuds help 555

• Thumbs Up 1

I retired 27 years ago at 51 and spent a lot of time travelling in ASIA, first solo then with my partner of 14 years. We spent 5 months a year in Pattaya where we still keep a place. 

Now at 78 it is getting a bit much, tho we leave next week for 2 weeks in Vietnam and four in Pattaya. Will seriously have to consider how much longer I want to do it, but she really loves it so what's a guy to do!! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

56 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I am happy where I live as well , I don't envisage myself permanently moving away ... but the reason I retired early was to travel ... I need to find a way to get less stressed with the small things .. noise cancelling earbuds help 555

The thing I appreciate when tryavelling domestically is flights are rarely over an hour.

So, even if you have a cnut next/near to you, typically you can get through it.

There.... I said something nice.   lol

"It's nice to be nice"

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, biggles said:

I retired 27 years ago at 51 and spent a lot of time travelling in ASIA, first solo then with my partner of 14 years. We spent 5 months a year in Pattaya where we still keep a place. 

Now at 78 it is getting a bit much, tho we leave next week for 2 weeks in Vietnam and four in Pattaya. Will seriously have to consider how much longer I want to do it, but she really loves it so what's a guy to do!! 

I had a Thai couple about your age sitting next to me on my most recent flight. I was impressed with their composure and mobility. I would have knocked the dogshit out of anyone who fcuked with them. Very nice people.

When I am flying regionally with Air Asia, I always spring for an exit row seat and it is very seldom that I have anyone sitting next to me because almost everyone else on the flight is too cheap to do so; on those not-so-rare occasions that somebody tries to sneak up to that row after we are aloft, the flight attendants tell them to buck up (baht up?) or f**k off back to their assigned seats while I sit there grinning. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

When I am flying regionally with Air Asia, I always spring for an exit row seat and it is very seldom that I have anyone sitting next to me because almost everyone else on the flight is too cheap to do so; on those not-so-rare occasions that somebody tries to sneak up to that row after we are aloft, the flight attendants tell them to buck up (baht up?) or f**k off back to their assigned seats while I sit there grinning. 

And sometimes you get lucky that way. I still remember that time (EVA Air, AMS-BKK) that prior to take-off a whole block next to the emergency exit was vacated by cabin crew (HKJ) for some reason and when I (two rows back, seat G) asked if I could move there with my long legs, they only asked if I would be capable and willing to handle that door in case of an emergency. I had a nice view of two good looking, young, female cabin crew sitting opposite me during take-off (and landing).

• Thumbs Up 4

As you will expect,  I love travelling around and exploring new places and meeting new ladies.

I treat the day of travel as a loss, but often arrange a visitor on arrival to help me settle in and try to be tolerant of assholes. 

Usually I down load something of interest to watch which makes the day go quicker. 

Long may it last.

• Thumbs Up 5

Lost the interest in travelling myself, last trip abroad was in 2015 to Thailand and Cambodia.

Would regularly do all my four weeks holidays from work in SEA. Did this for years, would be one long trip or two fortnightly trips.

Maybe I’ll get the travel bug back, but who knows?. I’m pretty tied up in things here at home so will see what the future holds.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

After spending all winter at home, mostly recovering from a blood clot in my right leg, which is now behind me thank goodness, I'll be taking off for the Caribbean...Dominican Republic...next week for 3 weeks. As a younger guy, I was just willing to deal with whatever rude and obnoxious behavior that some people brought forth in airports and in the boarding process, while just concentrating on getting to my destination to help get me through the hassle.

But no more.

I took the liberty to separate myself from the unwashed masses by buying a 1st/business class ticket and removing as much as possible, the potential for rude, idiotic behavior that others here have described in their own travel experiences. Now, instead of having to wait in long lines I'll check in separately in the shorter, quicker first/business class line for my boarding pass, I'll be among the first to board (Group 1 baby!!!) and depart upon arrival, sit comfortably in my wider and infinitely more leg room seat, while the unwashed masses shuffle on past me down the aisle to their seats in cattle class.

Once retired, one of the small allowances I was going to reward myself with was never having to book economy again, especially on a foreign trip, so I can experience just a bit more creature comforts and service while on my way to my destination and on the way back home.

It's worth paying the extra freight.

And as an additional factor in avoiding the bs that some people while traveling seem to generate, I also have the pre-check TSA to get through security without taking off the shoes, removing your belt, etc....and as of 2 days ago, just received my Global Entry approval so that when returning from an international trip, I can now glide through the passport control line with the pilots and flight crews in a couple minutes and not have to stand in those Gawd-awful long ass lines anymore.

For both, I'm good for 5 years. Again, it's worth the cost to save time and avoid all the a-holes and idiots. Plus, it gives you more time at some terminal bar while waiting for your connection.

A win-win!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

As you will expect,  I love travelling around and exploring new places and meeting new ladies.

I treat the day of travel as a loss, but often arrange a visitor on arrival to help me settle in and try to be tolerant of assholes. 

Usually I down load something of interest to watch which makes the day go quicker. 

Long may it last.

I dunno, but I think you like packing best.

• Haha 5