"Songkhran splash sites to be strictly booze-free"

maipenrai

14 minutes ago, fforest said:

So Sois 6,7,8 Soi Bukow and beach road are splash zones.....So they should all be alcohol free for all of Songkran....

Well, what street having more than a few bars isn't a "splash zone" during Songkhran?

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, DeuceSixs said:

Just because they say it is supposed to be , doesn’t mean it will be enforced, many so called laws have never been enforced, the mighty dollar dictates that  

I'd say the mighty Baht does.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, DeuceSixs said:

Just because they say it is supposed to be , doesn’t mean it will be enforced, many so called laws have never been enforced, the mighty dollar dictates that  

Just plane reality stopped the designated Baht Bus drop off/pick up points from going any further than a few signs... Rental Motorbikes being painted blue never really got beyond the suggestion..... and to go back decades the little "post boxes" on foot bridges in Bangkok to make the RTP check them all got "stolen" ...

Laws not being enforced are really down to indifference not the mighty dollar mate..

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

We also had dire warnings in several online sources of stiff penalties for those caught with "water cannons", yet on the last day I saw a vendor of same walk right by a cop who didn't even look at him - gotta love it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

We also had dire warnings in several online sources of stiff penalties for those caught with "water cannons", yet on the last day I saw a vendor of same walk right by a cop who didn't even look at him - gotta love it. 

But that vendor wasn't using them. You could even have bought one right next to that cop without any problems, those would have only come if/when you started to use it in that location. Buying one to use the next day at the beach was and is perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

But that vendor wasn't using them. You could even have bought one right next to that cop without any problems, those would have only come if/when you started to use it in that location. Buying one to use the next day at the beach was and is perfectly fine.

Nope - everywhere I went you could see them in use and the cops were not taking any notice of them; maybe if someone was really being an asshole with one it may have attracted the attention of the BIB but I never saw anybody get one taken away. 

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Nope - everywhere I went you could see them in use and the cops were not taking any notice of them; maybe if someone was really being an asshole with one it may have attracted the attention of the BIB but I never saw anybody get one taken away. 

Same here. It did seem though that quite a few of them had larger openings, thus reducing the water pressure coming out.