Does every man like a Whiskey?

Butch

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

Same here brother. Oh, I am still in my drinking days to some extent. In my case, I found that after I stopped the drugs, I was able to resume drinking a little. Not for everyone for sure and some would say that I am a damn fool and they are likely right.

I can’t do drinking or drugs anymore, just have a very addictive and self destructive personality. Surprised my recent medical tests have been really good.

• Thumbs Up 5

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I can’t do drinking or drugs anymore, just have a very addictive and self destructive personality. Surprised my recent medical tests have been really good.

They have been really good because you have been really good mate.

No one can do it for ya and you have prevailed. 

Long may it last.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

I have a rather nice bottle of single malt, that I enjoyed a small glass of.  Unfortunately, even a small glass gives me a hangover from hell, and so the bottle sits forlorn on the shelf...

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Lantern said:

My son bought me one of these for my birthday. Surprisingly pleasant.

image.jpeg

That is a very pleasant Japanese whisky (yes, I've tasted it on more than one occasion).

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

I stand to be corrected but isn't Sangsom made from sugar cane and is therefore rum not whiskey.

Either way, it tastes like piss!

I did'nt say it was whiskey ! i've always known i was drinking rum cos i'm not a whiskey lover 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I drink much better rum when I am at home or staying in a condo, but I do like Sangsom when I am out and about because you can get it everywhere and it is cheap; I find it's easier on my body than drinking beer all night. 

One of my best mates owned a pub in my home village and he was a collector of different rums from around the world to provide for his customers. Everytime i visited the UK or family/mates visited me here in Thailand he always wanted me/us to bring him back Sangsom, it was well liked.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/28/2024 at 9:08 AM, ChiFlyer said:

My whiskey of choice is Tequila. Love that salt, tequila, citrus fruit combo. Back in the US my weapon of choice was Monte Alban Mezcal from Oxaca. Yes this is the one with the worm in the bottle made famous in "Urban Cowboy". I have been unable to find it in Bang Lamung. If someone spots it, please let me know.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/mezcal/monte-alban-mezcal/p/662750

Age 22 I was a very inexperienced drinker.  Mexico City, Nov. 1959 went out with an older guy I'd met and with him in the lead we went to a few local bars ordering tequila shots with the accompanying lime. 

You ever had the spins at 7000 feet? 

• Haha 1

In my early 20's at RAF Brize Norton we used to smuggle a bottle of scotch into the bar,order quadruple sloe gins & top them off with whisky.

Not recommended!

• Haha 1