Football

Thinkingallowed

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Sad day for Leeds and Northern Ireland.

Nice guy, and a hard wee player.FB_IMG_1712755543036.jpgFB_IMG_1712755548223.jpg

Yes mate ...a good player for Leeds and NI....Let's hope he goes on to have a successful career in the path that he chooses ..

On my last trip to UK I bought a book to read on the flight home.It was one of Crouchies about life after football...A great read on the way home!!

I only have good memories of Cookstown and there aren't many towns I can say that about !!

There were no stoppages in the 7 minutes extra time in Soton vs Watford....so how come Soton scored the winner in the 99th minute? & that after an obvious handball....fucking refereeing in the championship is diabolical.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Championship is pretty close, seems like no one really is serious about winning. Haven't all the top teams dropped a few points lately.

Was really happy to see a Welsh team being promoted to League 1, well done Wrexham.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, looks like Liverpool and Arsenal want Man City to win the Premier League.

Also looks like Rangers want Celtic to win the Scottish League.

Even looks like a change of the guard in Germany, interesting times.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep.. the only difference between those two is that City fans won't be chanting to sack their manager !!!

Always remember listening to Talksport radio and the amount of people calling asking for Arsene Wenger to be sacked was madness.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

No more FA cup replays from next season 

For the smaller teams getting a draw away at a big club then having a money spinning replay was always part of the glamour of the cup.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

For the smaller teams getting a draw away at a big club then having a money spinning replay was always part of the glamour of the cup.

FA Cup Saturday was brilliant as a kid, would start about 8.00 and continue until the 3.00 kick off and a few hours after.

Now it’s meaningless to a lot of clubs.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

The away draw would always earn them a lot more , I believe gate receipts are split 50/50 .. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

FA Cup Saturday was brilliant as a kid, would start about 8.00 and continue until the 3.00 kick off and a few hours after.

They would string it out though .. FA cup Question of Sport , FA cup pot black , etc etc ... but the build up was great ... it changed when they moved to a 17:30 KO ... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/11/2024 at 1:18 PM, coxyhog said:

A great performance from the Hornets last night with a 0-0 draw away to Ipswich,who average 2 goals per game this season.

As an Ipswich fan, credit where credit is due. We had enough chances to win the game, but it wasn't to be. Some good signs for Watford, very organised and I can see you being higher up the table next season.

Hopefully we won't be playing you. It's such a tight race for the top 2 and while we're currently top the permutations are incredible, particularly as we don't play until the 27th. The good thing is we'll know exactly what we have to do in our away games at Hull and Coventry before Huddersfield at home on the last day.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/18/2024 at 5:42 PM, Stillearly said:

No more FA cup replays from next season 

On 4/18/2024 at 6:30 PM, coxyhog said:

On 4/18/2024 at 8:59 PM, galenkia said:

On 4/18/2024 at 9:19 PM, Stillearly said:

The away draw would always earn them a lot more , I believe gate receipts are split 50/50 .. 🤷‍♂️

On 4/18/2024 at 9:21 PM, Stillearly said:

They would string it out though .. FA cup Question of Sport , FA cup pot black , etc etc ... but the build up was great ... it changed when they moved to a 17:30 KO ... 

Having now looked at the full details of this move i would say that i'm totally against it for all the reasons you have mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:21 PM, Stillearly said:

And of course in the olden days they did an FA Cup It's a Knock Out against the two cities involved too!!!

Some might say that the Leeds v Chelsea final was Un Jeu sans frontieres !!! (See what I did there??)

There was a slow decline in TV coverage especially the pregame singalong but the beginning of the decline in the competition itself was Man Utd withdrawing from the competition to play in the Super Cup.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1