Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

She could of cashed in on the sex tape for millions of dollars,but refused to.

I really like her morals.

Getting raped at 12 years old, and being sexually abused by her babysitter, that shit is f***d up.

Haven't seen the documentary, but didn't she make a second one as well ... 

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

I thought Pamela looked her best when she did the Playboy shoot. Never needed a tit job.

Erika was another stunner, though disappeared fairly quickly.

Did a little digging on Erika. Turns out those early Baywatch episodes were very Hollywood. Filmed during L.A. winter, but made to look like it was boiling while the actors in swimsuits froze. She also felt being tied to a TV show would limit her movie potential. 

Ended up settling down in Calgary same time as me, funny enough.Returned to California and has  one daughter….

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Great Info 1

On 2/6/2023 at 1:01 AM, gs joe said:

Surprisingly entertaining 

27250128-7D8E-46D3-BAD2-ACD246887469.jpeg

The Thais I know are all over this. They love it. 

As for myself, I found it repetitive and a bit boring. However, there were one or two very fit and attractive Korean ladies in the show. 

I’m bingeing this American sitcom about a farang who marries a bargirl and gives up his New York law firm to live with her on a run down farm in Issan.  He lives there with her and his new “step-son” while being driven crazy from the culture shock. He tries to cope when everyone in the village is either crazy or out to rip him off - or both. It stars Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor. Green Acres.

This show is a little US political in nature. S08 of "The Circus" begins on February 26th US time. It is on Showtime, but usually available on IPT within a day or so.

The show was initially centered around Alex Wagner's participation, but she shared the coverage evenly with the other participants (some of whom had come up from the Reagan and Bush GOP camps). I initially did not like the show in earlier seasons, as I thought it gave too much credence to Right leaning points of view. DaRump fixed that.

Alex Wagner has left the show due to her MSNBC commitments, but I look forward to checking out the new season and where it might go.

It is a 30 minute watch and I usually find it to be interesting these days.

I recently started watching "Godfather of Harlem". It is in it's third season, but I only recently became aware of it. I like historical based on fact gangster dramatizations (such as Boardwalk Empire). I find "Godfather of Harlem" to be a solid watch with an IMDB of 8.1.

The central character is Bumpy Johnson, who proceeded Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes as the king of Black Crime in Harlem. S01 takes place mainly in the early 1960s. Lots of mainstream famous Black actors in the show (Forrest Whitaker as Bumpy Johnson, Giancarlo Esposito of "Breaking Bad" fame. Esposito has starred in a long list of quality TV shows including Kaleidoscope, Homicide: Life on the Street, and The Mandalorian, and many others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giancarlo_Esposito

In "Godfather of Harlem" he plays the duplicitous Congressman Adam Clayton Powell Jr. to perfection.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I recently started watching "Godfather of Harlem". It is in it's third season, but I only recently became aware of it. I like historical based on fact gangster dramatizations (such as Boardwalk Empire). I find "Godfather of Harlem" to be a solid watch with an IMDB of 8.1.

The central character is Bumpy Johnson, who proceeded Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes as the king of Black Crime in Harlem. S01 takes place mainly in the early 1960s. Lots of mainstream famous Black actors in the show (Forrest Whitaker as Bumpy Johnson, Giancarlo Esposito of "Breaking Bad" fame. Esposito has starred in a long list of quality TV shows including Kaleidoscope, Homicide: Life on the Street, and The Mandalorian, and many others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giancarlo_Esposito

In "Godfather of Harlem" he plays the duplicitous Congressman Adam Clayton Powell Jr. to perfection.

I enjoy period pieces as well. Another one in that genre I thought was extremely well done was The Knick.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Another period dramatization that I have recently started watching is "Boundless" aka "Sin Limities". It is a Spanish production about Magellan's circumventing of the globe in the early 1500s.

English subs are easily obtained at https://subscene.com/subtitles/searchbytitle.

I mention this as the supplied English subs from IPT are "Forced English" that tend not to work on VLC players.

Love, Death, and Robots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Death_%26_Robots

This is a short blast animated SciFi series with an 8.4 IMDB rating. All of the episodes that I have watched are between 10 and 20 minutes long. Some of the episodes are pretty good and a few suck. Great show to watch while waiting for the Twife to put the finishing touches on her hair before going out.

It is a Netflix show, but I download it from IPT. I am nearing the end of S03 of the 3 available seasons. Looks like S04 becomes available late Spring 2023.