Golf

Archie43

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Made the right decision 🙂 

Great win for Berger !! 

OK I like him too, even with the weird backswing. Thought I lost Dad a few hours ago, but his vitals are much improved according to the nurse, maybe he just needed a good rest today. F—king Covid, even if the hospital didn’t  kick me out by 7, Montreal has a curfew, you can’t even be on your front lawn after 8 pm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

OK I like him too, even with the weird backswing. Thought I lost Dad a few hours ago, but his vitals are much improved according to the nurse, maybe he just needed a good rest today. F—king Covid, even if the hospital didn’t  kick me out by 7, Montreal has a curfew, you can’t even be on your front lawn after 8 pm

Fingers crossed for your Dad 🤞

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Thank you sir. Been wearing surgical gloves and a gown last 2 days, f—k me I was dreaming of being a surgeon  until I bombed Calculus and Chemistry at 17......never too late! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Michelle Wie sure got her panties in a bunch over Rudy Giuliani! 

Always liked Michelle, but a sad waste of talent. Had more potential to dominate her Tour than even Tiger Woods, just read she had 6 Top 5’s in majors by age of 16......mind blowing. 
The fact she’s still only 31 as long as she’s been around, wow

Michelle Wie sure got her panties in a bunch over Rudy Giuliani! 

Always liked Michelle, but a sad waste of talent. Had more potential to dominate her Tour than even Tiger Woods, just read she had 6 Top 5’s in majors by age of 16......mind blowing. 
The fact she’s still only 31 as long as she’s been around, wow

Myself and @boydeste followed her for a few holes at the Honda Classic , just outside Pattaya in 2015 

If you get a chance to go when things open up again , it doesn't get that busy , so great opportunity to watch the world class players up close 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Myself and @boydeste followed her for a few holes at the Honda Classic , just outside Pattaya in 2015 

If you get a chance to go when things open up again , it doesn't get that busy , so great opportunity to watch the world class players up close 

Cheers, hope you didn’t gamble the family home on Finau

Never watched the ladies. Saw BC Open in 1999 in upstate New York, Tiger up close in Match Play final vs Cink in Arizona 2008. And 2014 Shaw Classic in Calgary, Langer ,Couples Mediate etc

Always a sight to behold, the pros are. Calgary sits at 3000 ft elevation, but I was impressed when off 10 tee, dogleg of 425 yards or so, the old gits were hitting mostly hybrid and even irons.......

Edited by Golfingboy

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

555 no I had Cantlay .... 

Oh shoot Dad hates him. Hates JT, Bryson, Reed too. Hates his African room attendant too. Hates a lot of people, now that that I think of it.But I love the old guy, we decided no more treatments, palliative care at home with the wife ASAP, and an “assist” if he gets bad. Has 3 months or so

• Like 1

Oh shoot Dad hates him. Hates JT, Bryson, Reed too. Hates his African room attendant too. Hates a lot of people, now that that I think of it.But I love the old guy, we decided no more treatments, palliative care at home with the wife ASAP, and an “assist” if he gets bad. Has 3 months or so

Wise choice I think ,  quality of life wins over quantity when it comes to the inevitable and end of life care 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was nearly 5 hours after the accident before it was known the driver was Tiger Woods. In surgery as I write this. Only 45, whether he ever plays golf again at a PGA level is immaterial. I just hope he survives and recovers sufficiently to play with his kids again.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

It was nearly 5 hours after the accident before it was known the driver was Tiger Woods. In surgery as I write this. Only 45, whether he ever plays golf again at a PGA level is immaterial. I just hope he survives and recovers sufficiently to play with his kids again.

Absolutely, there are parts of his character/attitude I’ve never enjoyed, but he is a father of 2 kids and changed the sport forever

• Like 1

The last report I heard was that he had a plate with screws inserted into his tibia for the compound fracture in his leg. I also had a compound fracture in my lower right leg, with 8 screws inserted, 4 above and below the break point. I was setting off airport metal detectors long before 9-11.

I'm sure with the best medical care available, as well as physical therapy, he will regain his ability to walk ok and even swing a club.....eventually. But at a professional level that he is accustomed to.....who knows? 

In my own case, my right leg is a half inch shorter than my left and have had to go to a shoe repair shop to have a hard rubber sole from heel to toe added on to all my shoes to make sure I don't walk with a limp from the uneven length. That goes for any sandals as well. Even more than 30 years after my own incident, I can see the uneven level of my hips when standing flat footed in front of a mirror.

That and still experiencing a dull ache at the break point in weather that dips below the high 40's temperatures in winter.

One of the joys I have in past years traveling to Thailand in Decembers was that with the warm, tropical climate, I never experience and discomfort in my leg while walking the beach or anywhere, as I love to walk that town through all sois and discover some hidden gem of a beer bar or small Thai eatery. Tiger will most likely be dealing with that the rest of his life if in cold weather. But he lives in Florida I believe, so maybe he won't need to worry about that.

Tiger has a long recovery ahead, in my case I was in a cast for 10 months, but I think he will be back.

Just maybe not the same.

• Like 1

@Mr. Smooth Wow, sounds like that was painful. Glad you can still move OK. 

In terms of his career, why bother, what is there to prove? 45 years old, massive recovery, rest and rehab upcoming. And then trying to compete once again with the likes of DJ and Bryson.......not going to happen at 47+. The Masters win was very impressive, but many players had to falter for him to get it. The 3 wins that got him to 82 were all limited field events, even if that means the best were still competing, I think it’s easier to beat 60 guys than 155.
Before the crash, Nicklaus’ 18 majors was still an unrealistic goal, but he had 14 at only 32, which is insane....should have easily smashed it. I always say the 2009 PGA was the turning point.....would have been #15 at 33 years old, then 3 months later the scandal, and more injuries.....Y.E Yang beat him, and hasn’t been heard from since

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2

Still can’t believe we’ve had about a century of great golfers, and assuming  Tiger is done, just not fair to have 2 guys tied at 82 wins, possibly for eternity. I doubt if anyone will ever even reach 50 again from today’s crop. They just don’t have the same focus it takes, plus you have to be super gifted to begin with

33 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Still can’t believe we’ve had about a century of great golfers, and assuming  Tiger is done, just not fair to have 2 guys tied at 82 wins, possibly for eternity. I doubt if anyone will ever even reach 50 again from today’s crop. They just don’t have the same focus it takes, plus you have to be super gifted to begin with

Think there's more competition these days , hard for anyone to dominate