What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

64 brother. But I like a lot of "old" stuff, early 60's etc. If it sounds good I like it.... from the most popish wimp songs to hardcore heavy metal (although I don't care much for speed metal....lol).

Really enjoy sharing music with friends. I guess it started early with the family, my mother started out as a music teacher. I have an brother seven years older who was massively influencial. 

Cranking tunes with my high school buddies was a huge learning opportunity also, and probably the best times of my life.

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Dedicating this one to Chiflyer....

"Vehicle"

They sound a lot like "Chicago" with all the brass. For me, I always thought that the city's favorite band was "Supertramp", who were not from the city as I recall.

And of course--

Edited by ChiFlyer

On 6/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, Glasseye said:

64 brother. But I like a lot of "old" stuff, early 60's etc. If it sounds good I like it.... from the most popish wimp songs to hardcore heavy metal (although I don't care much for speed metal....lol).

Really enjoy sharing music with friends. I guess it started early with the family, my mother started out as a music teacher. I have an brother seven years older who was massively influencial. 

Cranking tunes with my high school buddies was a huge learning opportunity also, and probably the best times of my life.

Just for you Glass....John Lodge played this song this back in July 2019 at The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, Calif. His 7 song setlist was great to say the least.  Wifey got to meet "Yes" at the meet/greet. Still can't believe she asked Steve Howe "When are you going to come to Thailand and play?"  Jesus Christ, nobody asks Steve Howe questions like that!  He said "Maybe one day" and smiled. Mr Personality at his finest LOL! 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john-lodge/2019/the-mountain-winery-saratoga-ca-439e7fab.html

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5081.JPG

Yes.jpg

Yes.2jpg.jpg

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 5

On 6/21/2023 at 11:57 PM, ChiFlyer said:

They sound a lot like "Chicago" with all the brass. For me, I always thought that the city's favorite band was "Supertramp", who were not from the city as I recall.

And of course--

Supertramp 911 conspiracy theory.... 911 above the World Trade Center...

Verschwörungstheorie: Oha! Spiegelt man das "Supertramp"-Album, erscheinen hinter dem World Trade Center die Zahlen 9 und 11. Grafik: SZ

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just for you Glass....John Lodge played this song this back in July 2019 at The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, Calif. His 7 song setlist was great to say the least.  Wifey got to meet "Yes" at the meet/greet. Still can't believe she asked Steve Howe "When are you going to come to Thailand and play?"  Jesus Christ, nobody asks Steve Howe questions like that!  He said "Maybe one day" and smiled. Mr Personality at his finest LOL! 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john-lodge/2019/the-mountain-winery-saratoga-ca-439e7fab.html

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5081.JPG

Yes.jpg

Yes.2jpg.jpg

.... and he is quite a "looker".

Fabulous stuff Yes !

• Thumbs Up 1

@Glasseye Thanks to wifey, I am buzzed on Red Wine now, great dinner too LOL! ...and this what happens. 

I get "nostalgic" with music from back in the day that I liked....The Moody Blues are right up there. Saw them 2 times, all the original members. Sadly Ray Thomas and Graeme Edge have both passed away. Luckily both of them knew they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Obviously Graeme Edge knew, as he tells the story here in the beginning and then moves over to his drums. 

Talk about 2 great songwriters...Justin Hayward and John Lodge :default_goodjob:

To show you that I still have SOME brain cells left, 50 years ago at my Senior High School Prom at the "Hilton Hotel" in San Jose, Calif, they played this tune at one point. The gal that I took, had well....a very nice rack. It was beautiful LOL! 

Still love listening to The Moody Blues.... after a glass of Wine of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hendrix

Borrowing some links form PA once again for the "Electric Ladyland" segments.

From "Electric Landyland" -> Voodoo Child

Also from "Electric Landyland" -> Voodoo Chile

My personal Hendrix favorite from "Band of Gypsies" -> Machine Gun. This was recorded during the height of the Vietnam War unrest in the US. Jimi was not with us much longer. 😞

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Hendrix

Borrowing some links form PA once again for the "Electric Ladyland" segments.

From "Electric Landyland" -> Voodoo Child

Also from "Electric Landyland" -> Voodoo Chile

My personal Hendrix favorite from "Band of Gypsies" -> Machine Gun. This was recorded during the height of the Vietnam War unrest in the US. Jimi was not with us much longer. 😞

This is an incredible piece of music, showing Hendrix's complete mastery of his guitar and its associated gear which was primitive compared to the setups of most modern players. I've seen an old black and white video of him actually playing this and there are none of his usual stage antics - he just gets down and plays his heart  out. This was recorded on the first of two consecutive dates at this venue, and sadly the second night's version of "Machine Gun" doesn't even come close to this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Glasseye Thanks to wifey, I am buzzed on Red Wine now, great dinner too LOL! ...and this what happens. 

I get "nostalgic" with music from back in the day that I liked....The Moody Blues are right up there. Saw them 2 times, all the original members. Sadly Ray Thomas and Graeme Edge have both passed away. Luckily both of them knew they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Obviously Graeme Edge knew, as he tells the story here in the beginning and then moves over to his drums. 

Talk about 2 great songwriters...Justin Hayward and John Lodge :default_goodjob:

To show you that I still have SOME brain cells left, 50 years ago at my Senior High School Prom at the "Hilton Hotel" in San Jose, Calif, they played this tune at one point. The gal that I took, had well....a very nice rack. It was beautiful LOL! 

Still love listening to The Moody Blues.... after a glass of Wine of course. 

Just amazing when you think about it. Fifty years ago ! Plus, they were a band that was around when we were riding tricycles. 

I saw them once, but I was working so I wasn't able to enjoy the show as much as I would have liked.

So true about Hayward and Lodge. Probably not even a handful of songwriting teams throughout history that are in their league. An absolute legend.

Speaking of legend....

I think the first time I heard this I was buzzed. But it wasn't on wine....:default_angel:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

This is an incredible piece of music, showing Hendrix's complete mastery of his guitar and its associated gear which was primitive compared to the setups of most modern players. I've seen an old black and white video of him actually playing this and there are none of his usual stage antics - he just gets down and plays his heart  out. This was recorded on the first of two consecutive dates at this venue, and sadly the second night's version of "Machine Gun" doesn't even come close to this one.

I would have to list Elecrtic Ladyland in my top ten (probably top 5) albums of all time. A double album. Every note a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Boz Scaggs interview...    I just came across this while floating around on the tube.

"Love look what you've done to me"....   I am going to throw this one on here again also. Because it is absolute beauty, as close to perfection as it can get. Just brilliant in all respects.

14 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Boz Scaggs interview...    I just came across this while floating around on the tube.

"Love look what you've done to me"....   I am going to throw this one on here again also. Because it is absolute beauty, as close to perfection as it can get. Just brilliant in all respects.

This really is a brilliant recording - it would be excellent as a studio recording but done live like this it really is outstanding - performers at the top of their game. I was lucky enough to catch Boz Scaggs in Vancouver some years ago and really enjoyed the show.