Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

or even smokers who don't care to be in an enclosed bar with inadequate ventilation.

That was the beauty of Secrets bar, the ventilation system was the best i've ever experienced and originally i would smoke in the bar but as time went by i just could'nt bring myself to smoke in the bar, it just did'nt seem right and very unfair on non-smokers so i just went outside, job done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, forcebwithu said:

I see on another forum a topic started by the owner of a new bar getting a refit on Soi 6. The name he's chosen is Hollywood. I'll swing by in a day or two to get a few pics, but from what he's written it sounds like he's aiming to be different from the other cookie cutter bars on the Soi. Sure hope the result comes close to his plans as it sounds like he's creating a bar I wouldn't mind giving my custom to.

Pics of the soon to open, new bar on Soi 6. Grand opening on 1 August.

P7090002.JPG

P7090003.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Painter said:

Further south on soi buckhou, the geese have been turfed out....

1657356345729.jpg1657356349815.jpg

I hope customers won't come to blows over the parking...!

O boy a huge weed shop on Soi Bukow,with more to come I am sure...

I smoked loads when I was a teen but it was wrecking my life so I quit and never smoked again, and have no plans to change.....But if this was a mushroom shop.... ...well.......lol

I am predicting that as every guy and his brother starts to grow weed in the vast vast vast,(did I say vast) farm land in Thailand prices will drop lower and lower, until Thailand is known for having the cheapest weed anywhere...

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I'm a massive fan of weed, I won't be consuming it in any form.

Are they going to limit the THC content though?, so really the stuff these places are selling won't have any effect?. I'm clueless about this so sorry for the daft question.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Butch said:

Can't say I'm a massive fan of weed, I won't be consuming it in any form.

Are they going to limit the THC content though?, so really the stuff these places are selling won't have any effect?. I'm clueless about this so sorry for the daft question.

There's a lengthy discussion of the ramifications of the legalization of marijuana for medical use in another thread.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:22 AM, Evil Penevil said:

It's still unclear exactly what will be allowed and not allowed after cannabis sativa was legalized in Thailand on June 9.  It is, however, evident the government is NOT permitting the use of weed for recreational purposes.  From the official government Facebook page:

Weed.PNGWeed2.PNG

An article in  The Washington Post stated:

Although Thailand legalized the use of medical marijuana in 2018, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul warns that those who are caught using the drug in “nonproductive ways,” such as smoking joints outside, will still be met with harsh penalties, and could face up to three months behind bars and a fine of about $780. Officials said they were not looking to cultivate marijuana-fueled tourism.

“We [have always] emphasized using cannabis extractions and raw materials for medical purposes and for health,”  Anutin told CNN. “There has never once been a moment that we would think about advocating people to use cannabis in terms of recreation — or use it in a way that it could irritate others.”

The government announcement of the removal of marijuana and hemp from the list of controlled substances gave three objectives for legalization:

"The Government has a policy to liberalize the use of cannabis and hemp, with the following objectives:
1. For medical purposes;
2. For economic benefits;
3. For people to have a choice in taking care of their own health."

Read more: https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=12631...

Of those objectives, number two is by far the most important.  Thai farmers were slammed hard by the Covid pandemic as demand for Thai agricultural products fell and the cost of fertilizer rose.  Small farmers desperately needed a new crop and cannabis sativa fit the bill.  It's easily grown in Thailand; does not require significant investment;  is not a labor-intensive crop;  and doesn't require farmers to learn a new skill set.

Small entrepreneurs who process and sell cannabis products at the retail level will also get a boost, as will those involved in medical tourism.  The cumulative effects of the cannabis trade will almost certainly have a positive effect on Thailand's national and international accounts.  The legalization of cannabis is likely to prove a big win for the Thai economy.

The new law places a limit of 0.2% THC content on cannabis oil, but doesn't mention the permissible content in other parts of the plant.  Some Thais and foreign press reports have seen this omission as opening the door to recreational use of cannabis in the privacy of one's home.  Much stronger cannabis products have already gone on sale online and in shops, cafes, from trucks, etc.  Some Web sites have speculated Thailand will become a haven for tourists who like to spend their vacations stoned.

The recreational-use optimists may be jumping enthusiastically but unwisely into a regulatory void.  Subsequent ministerial decrees, departmental directives and even new laws or amendments to existing laws could close that loophole, especially if stoner Thais and foreign tourists openly flaunt recreational use.

Evil

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

A new bar on Soi Nurn Plub Wan. Trying to remember where I've seen that familiar color scheme before. 

P7140020.JPG

Besides the obvious play on words,    the Austrian motorcycle company KTM use very similar colours.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, john luke said:

0B0A0910.jpg

0B0A0911.jpgFor attention of @Painter and @Krapow; The place to dine in style in Pattaya is open again.

This sick puppy was in the ICU long before covid....Then it was dead and buried....Now it looks like they have dug up the corpse, and they are hoping this sad case will live again...

Edited by fforest

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I thought she used to work on the Six ... 🤷‍♂️

What do I know???? . May have developed and stretched her vocal chords back in the day .........

Bird of the same name Jintana sang a massive hit around 2019 ........ 

• Haha 1