Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

17 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Yep, that night I went into 4 gogos, 3 of them wanted 2k barfine, the other 1,500.

The girls understand that the barfines being asked are unrealistic. The ones I sat with all wanted to come with me but understood why I refused to pay a 2k barfine.

Guess I have to be a bit careful what I say, but 4 girls in 4 different gogos somehow managed to get my LINE id . . 😉

Next day I got messages from 2 of them and I've met them both, long time, in the last 3 weeks. These girls were very happy with 3k long time, possibly because they know I'll be a repeat customer. Apart from being a handsome man with a good heart . . 😂

Good work, that's the way to go, especially if you have time on your side.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

That's ridiculous just to.take the girl from the bar. Maybe because they are short on staff ?

Must of been the best part of 30 girls already on the stage(s) and numerous others sat around waiting for their turn to dance!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Must of been the best part of 30 girls already on the stage(s) and numerous others sat around waiting for their turn to dance!

If I pop in, I'll just have a couple of drinks, watch the show, then  pop into.the lavs for a quick Sherman 😁

Never paid anywhere near that for a lady in Thailandl  nor would ever. Not that I am Kee-niao

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

If I pop in, I'll just have a couple of drinks, watch the show, then  pop into.the lavs for a quick Sherman 😁

Never paid anywhere near that for a lady in Thailandl  nor would ever. Not that I am Kee-niao

Some ones paying these prices or they would not be asking them..

I get pissy if I can't get a happy hour draft beer price in a GoGo........2000,3000,4000,5000 baht I find these numbers very confusing......

So I stick with numbers between 1 and 100 baht....Unless I go crazy and leave a 20 baht tip on a 90 baht draft, then that puts me 10 baht over my 100 baht budget.......But hey sometimes it's good to cut loose and go crazy with your money....

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I guess they want bums on seats buying drinks , without girls no punters will come in , the barfines seem to put off a lot of people from taking girls  ... method to their madness 

Exactly, the bars now require drinks quotas and not bar fine quotas.

The old bar fines were basically the same in all go gos (certainly in the 80s and 90s), every guy knew how much to give a go go girl in the morning and the majority of punters could afford a go go girl on more days than not. Many bars lost girls early and had to make do with a smaller contingent of dancers through the night, something that suited punters but not always bar owners.  Now the rates are of a level where certain mongers will pay but the majority will not or can't afford on their budget; the bars have moved the goalposts where they make most of their money from drinks so keeping bar fines high ensures they don't lose out at the till. Girls have become better at pushing lady drinks, some even will let you buy drinks all night and then refuse to go out or say they don't go out although that may be more prevalent in beer bars where girls just come to make money not have sex.

The main punters (and target audience now) I presume are Asians and they will sit in a bar for a number of hours buying drinks whereas most (I say most) Caucasians want the girls out of the bar rather than spending oodles of cash buying drinks. 

Just my opinion but I was there in the 80s and 90s and as much as I could bar fine in any beer bar, I could also choose a girl from any go go on a number of nights a week, I can no longer do that even if I had the will; thankfully I don't bar fine anymore, those golden days have long gone for me.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

So let's add up some numbers for GoGo bars....

Bar fine 1500-2000 baht..

ST 2500- 3000 baht...

LT 4000-5000 baht

Drinks for you and some girls 1000-2000 baht a night easy

Tips here and there 100-200 baht

It would not be hard to drop almost 10,000 baht in one night to take a GoGo girl LT after a bit of partying in a GoGo.....

I don't think many expats are ok with dropping 10,000 baht a night....

Sure the GoGos love it if the girls are never barfined. But the GoGos are eating the girls ST/LT money.....

So to make this expensive pricing work for the girls too, the 2 week millionaires need to be coming to Pattaya in mass numbers, guys who dont think twice about spending 10,000 a night....

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

So let's add up some numbers for GoGo bars....

ST 2500- 3000 baht...

LT 4000-5000 baht

Drinks for you and some girls 1000-2000 baht a night easy

Tips here and there 100-200 baht

It would not be hard to drop almost 10,000 baht in one night to take a GoGo girl LT after a bit of partying in a GoGo.....

I don't think many expats are ok with dropping 10,000 baht a night....

Sure the GoGos love it if the girls are never barfined. But the GoGos are eating the girls ST/LT money.....

So to make this expensive pricing work for the girls too, the 2 week millionaires need to be coming to Pattaya in mass numbers, guys who dont think twice about spending 10,000 a night....

Many of us were spending 10,000 a night 5-10 years ago ... surely 15k+ is the new 10k .. 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Ran into the manager of Beavers this morning on our walk he confirmed that they are closing the Go-Go. Moving everything to electric blue upstairs above dollhouse. I had some absolutely unbelievable nights in there when it was baby dolls before Beavers. Sad to see it go regardless of what the name is.

Sorry, Bit behind the times here but why did Babydolls close? It was such a popular place and always very busy?

Keys (the old Secrets) sort of open, this is what I've put in another thread......

Finally entered last night about 23.30, very interesting dark ambient lighting, lots of lighting flashing about

and quite a heavy artificial smoke level........no draught beer yet.....briefly a few cords of some Bollywood hits were heard

and then silence.....there were 3 very pleasant ladies behind the bar who remembered me..nice.. so we started off by

slagging off all the old governors etc...lol...I settled for a small bottle of Leo 90 Baht, didn't bother to look to deep at the

menu because many items and serviced have not had their I's dotted...licences etc.....The only other people present

were are few people I would have imagined have some connection to the Indian Sub Continent and they were in that 

raised area where all the bottom licking went on.....I suspect they may have been management........As i was about to

leave..Mooli (spelling) return after some nose bag from a local cart....had a chat for about 5 minutes, she looks quite well

looking forward to catch up with old friend and making new ones in this new venture......

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

Ran into the manager of Beavers this morning on our walk he confirmed that they are closing the Go-Go. Moving everything to electric blue upstairs above dollhouse. I had some absolutely unbelievable nights in there when it was baby dolls before Beavers. Sad to see it go regardless of what the name is.

Absolutely one of the best bars I have ever been in. Had some great nights in there, memories that will never be forgotten.

Babydolls I'm talking about.... 

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, fforest said:

ST 2500- 3000 baht...

LT 4000-5000 baht

Drinks for you and some girls 1000-2000 baht 

the 2 week millionaires need to be coming to Pattaya in mass numbers, guys who dont think twice about spending 10,000 a night....

Thailand will always have men visiting for the company of ladies. It’s just going to be up to them if they want to pay these new gogo prices, or find a cheaper option. We know the online freelancer game has increased exponentially. For sure it’s a different game now, I won’t be able to comment first-hand until I go over again. 

I think the biggest factor in how many baht you part with, is how long you’re in the country for. 2 week millionaires, as you say, won’t mind paying 5K just for LT, when it doesn’t even exist where they come from, or if it does, it’s 70,000 a night( $2K in major USA city sounds right). So for them still a great bargain, assuming she’s a looker. 

But the expat who’s in town for a while, speaks some Thai, is kind and not shy to just say “Hello” to random girls, in THIS ERA of SMARTPHONES……he should have an encyclopedia of #’s and getting it for very cheap. When I was in CM for 7 months, way back in 2009, gogo girls still wanted 3K, FL 2K. With a crappy little Chinese phone, I had at least 15 regulars, never paid more than 1K, and only slowed down because I kind of settled down the last 4 months. It’s not worth it to get serious and still want to f—k around 6 nights a week. Any guy who stays a while will have lots of options

But inflation is a reality, everything rises with time, I don’t expect to pay in 2025 what I did in 2009. But I also won’t pay 700% more, I can guarantee you that……

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Thailand will always have men visiting for the company of ladies. It’s just going to be up to them if they want to pay these new gogo prices, or find a cheaper option. We know the online freelancer game has increased exponentially. For sure it’s a different game now, I won’t be able to comment first-hand until I go over again. 

I think the biggest factor in how many baht you part with, is how long you’re in the country for. 2 week millionaires, as you say, won’t mind paying 5K just for LT, when it doesn’t even exist where they come from, or if it does, it’s 70,000 a night( $2K in major USA city sounds right). So for them still a great bargain, assuming she’s a looker. 

But the expat who’s in town for a while, speaks some Thai, is kind and not shy to just say “Hello” to random girls, in THIS ERA of SMARTPHONES……he should have an encyclopedia of #’s and getting it for very cheap. When I was in CM for 7 months, way back in 2009, gogo girls still wanted 3K, FL 2K. With a crappy little Chinese phone, I had at least 15 regulars, never paid more than 1K, and only slowed down because I kind of settled down the last 4 months. It’s not worth it to get serious and still want to f—k around 6 nights a week. Any guy who stays a while will have lots of options

But inflation is a reality, everything rises with time, I don’t expect to pay in 2025 what I did in 2009. But I also won’t pay 700% more, I can guarantee you that……

When living here the options are unlimited. But.... sometimes the more you have the more hassles you can have. Hitting you up for money, etc. 

There is good reasons for the 3-day rule, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

When living here the options are unlimited. But.... sometimes the more you have the more hassles you can have. Hitting you up for money, etc. 

There is good reasons for the 3-day rule, that's for sure.

I remember a joke on Secrets about women who get too clingy…..only 2 ways to get them to leave…..tell them you’re broke, or HIV+

That being said, sounds like them getting too clingy is a thing of the past…..