Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 8/30/2023 at 2:41 PM, SteveBC said:

I fully agree with you there Mr. withu.

I had a couple of days in Pattaya last week and took a walk around Treetown on the look for a fresh victim, along the front of Treetown ( the Soi Boukhow side ) most all the bars / Cafes were busy, along the left side heading down to Skaw Beach the bars etc were also doing business. But when i walked along the rear roadway There were virtually no customers at all, plenty of girls but  even their calls of Handsome man / one drink please etc were pretty much inaudible because of the battering one's ears were taking from the OTT volume from the various bars / bands. The Matador bar had the usual band playing at a zillion decibels and most all the other bars were trying their best to compete with them. It's bloody madness and i can't fathom out why the bar managers can't see what the problem is causing the lack of customers  ???

Needless to say i did not give any of the bars there my custom and was glad when i left the area and returned to Boukhow.

A suitable visitim was found in Soi Chiayaphum who done a most admiral job in making an old chap happy......

Me too I often go with a mate for a few drinks and a yak and that last thing we want is to be yelling at each other. I have never been able to understand wht they do it other than the Thai staff like it like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/30/2023 at 4:31 AM, Glasseye said:

I cant say for 100 %. But I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I would suggest hotels on Soi 13, all are decent quality mid range, good location. 

Whitehouse Condotel has been my fav. 

Ahhh, that's it. I recall you mentioned this one before but was racking my brain to remember the name of it. I made a point of walking past in April and it looked very nice from the outside.

I'll ping them an email, as I've got full cancellation on my page 10 booking.

Just now, Blue Streak said:

Sailor bar Soi 8......

20230903_204434.jpg

remember goign in there one early evenign went to the resturant at back got spag bol asked for some bread to go with eat and the served me 2 slices of bread with cloves of garlic.sat with m8 just looking and laughing our heads off so much getting funny looks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Sailor bar Soi 8......

20230903_204434.jpg

I'm looking at that and trying to work out what has happened, and what angle it's from. It's been expanded by the looks of it, possibly ?.

I really like the Sailor Bar, cheap cocktails, good cheap Thai food, the only thing that lets it down are the toilets. There used to be a fairly sexy manageress working there as well iirc.

Spent a few nights in the Music bar (Rolling live?) just up the road last trip with a mate, as his lady worked service in there. Good band, but not much by the way of custom. Seems like Soi 8 is struggling , which is a bloody shame.

5 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm looking at that and trying to work out what has happened, and what angle it's from. It's been expanded by the looks of it, possibly ?.

Yes. The extension runs further up Soi 8 - away from Beach Road.

Even with the extensions its still packing customers in.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was chatting to somebody earlier this morning and they said that all business owners on Pothole have been asked to pay 5,000 baht each to turn it into a permanent Walking Street..

The person said that they were happy to pay it too !!!

I sure hope those businesses don't have signs... Fire trucks you know...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was chatting to somebody earlier this morning and they said that all business owners on Pothole have been asked to pay 5,000 baht each to turn it into a permanent Walking Street..

Wasn't Tyson Fury or a few travellers trying to sell them tarmacing perchance? 

I wouldn't my breath if it was :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They did offer to "Do his trees" as well ... :default_071:

I was getting my haircut the other day, talking to my barber.

He said this 'Irish' guy came in last week, got his haircut and despite 2 large prominent signs saying cash only, the guy offered him a card. Barber says no, only cash, there's an ATM round the corner. Guy says right, i'll be straight back, never seen again :lol: 

I'd wager an Irish Traveller, i seen a couple of 12 or 13 year old Irish Travellers approaching people a couple of weeks ago in the same area with a sheet of paper asking to be sponsored for whatever. They came over to me, i just burst out laughing, and they done a quick swerve, and just walked on.

run-away-cute.gif

Edited by Krapow
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I'd wager an Irish Traveller, i seen a couple of 12 or 13 year old Irish Travellers approaching people a couple of weeks ago in the same area with a sheet of paper asking to be sponsored for whatever.

Had the same in my old blighted corner  North London. Came into the local Moons, were laughed out the place in seconds.

Saw the grown ups many times. Would swoop on the Moons that the weakest managers/no Landlord. And then try it on massively, trying to scam there way to free drinks and food. Put in confusing orders, intimidate the staff. Horrible predatory scum.

Edit: Nothing like the quality tourists you get in LOS😇

Apologies for the huge off-topic!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Question Gents.

Has the large "beach club" themed place in Treetown gone?. I heard there was a big amount of money invested in it, but I didn't see it open last trip, or if it was open, it was quiet. Did anyone get to go there?.

Secondly, I stumbled on this video from Pandemic times Daz features Tree Town just after the bars were built along the back strip, what a difference a couple of years make!

"Everything Pattaya" is a good YT vlogger, I like his chilled out delivery and pace of the vids.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

He does excellent vlogs but his "stories" are boring, stereotypical and repetative ..... 

Drop the dead donkey, mate!

I do actually watch some of them at 1.5x speed, as he does dawdle a bit, but as you saw, his content is usually pretty good.

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

He does excellent vlogs but his "stories" are boring, stereotypical and repetative ..... 

Drop the dead donkey, mate!

Ok a few of those stories most likely are real first-hand stories told to him in person..

But no way on earth are all of them.....Most likely they are pulled from books or maybe Stickman's site...

Stories are fine....But don't lie, he should not say he was involved in all of them....Because he was not...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, fforest said:

Ok a few of those stories most likely are real first-hand stories told to him in person..

But no way on earth are all of them.....Most likely they are pulled from books or maybe Stickman's site...

Stories are fine....But don't lie, he should not say he was involved in all of them....Because he was not...

Another point....If even one or two Thai girls tell you all the inner workings of her life after you live here decades.....Consider yourself lucky.....

But Mr EveryThing Pattaya has dozens and dozens and dozens of girls telling him absolutely everything.....lol

Nooooo No No No its not going to happen ever never ever never.....lol

And I do mean NEVER...........

So stop the bloody lying...  

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, fforest said:

Another point....If even one or two Thai girls tell you all the inner workings of her life after you live here decades.....Consider yourself lucky.....

But Mr EveryThing Pattaya has dozens and dozens and dozens of girls telling him absolutely everything.....lol

Nooooo No No No its not going to happen ever never ever never.....lol

And I do mean NEVER...........

So stop the bloody lying...  

I think he might use a bit of license , I mean it's probably to get views and not over complicate the narrative of his vids.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

and what happens to those who dont want to pay?????